Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree9Likes
  • 8 Post By Bla1ze
  • 1 Post By DJM626
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    699 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Feb i can handle, but end of March 4 T-Mobile is unacceptable!

I seriously thought it would be announced on Jan 30th and available for T-Mobile sometime in early Feb. But now the leak shows the end of March? Come on! I am sooooo LIVID NOW! A whole year has gone by without a new device for RIM. It is heading to almost a year and half already since the the BB Bold 9900 came out in August 2011, and now the BB10 Touch won't be on T-Mobile till the end of March which ends the 1st quarter with possibly more bad quarterly revenue from RIM since BB10 launches so late and gives the public, media, and news outlets time 2 bash them for poor quarterly earnings when this is suppose 2 be their comeback device. I'll be so sad if RIM is not around. They do email right and their OS is addictive. I can't say the same for Android or iOS!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Don't get all upset yet...those dates are 'leaks', so nothing is official yet. Heins has seen the mistakes that Microsoft/Nokia and Apple made with their launches, so it will be foolish of him to fall into the same pit.
    I use BB10...the blasphemy!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts

well he did say waves so maybe hes doing america later
    Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    11,868 Global Posts

Why don't you actually wait and see what happens before you start flipping your lid over some rumored release dates that for most part, across all platforms, tend to be wrong. The only thing worse than assuming the release date accuracy is assuming that $799 price point is the be all, end all. Smh.
    Answers are easy. It's asking the right questions which is hard. - The Doctor

[ Mobile Nations Sites: Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Connectedly]
    Thanked by:
    GTiLeo (01-13-2013) 
    rjkolo, schmeat, Masahiro and 5 others like this.
    CrackBerry Master

Remember that the carrier is the one to release the phone, so any late releases will more then likely be out of RIMS hands. With that being said, if Verizon is late as well, I am going with the first carrier that has it, but I am not going to worry because as stated, it is all just speculation at this point
    PlaybookFanatic likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    310E9B05

Quote Originally Posted by Bla1ze View Post
    Why don't you actually wait and see what happens before you start flipping your lid over some rumored release dates that for most part, across all platforms, tend to be wrong. The only thing worse than assuming the release date accuracy is assuming that $799 price point is the be all, end all. Smh.
    Exactafreakinmundo! ****. Sprint reports say later this year, so the OP can't be too miffed. If this is really true, will I be pissed beyond belief? Yes. But until then, all you can do if wait for the official, concrete word.
    Feeding my addiction since o9..., now it's 2013 and I'm still here!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts

I bet those dates in the systems are just place holders. Real dates will be announced on he 30th
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    317 Global Posts

No thorn in my side, that's when I'm eligible for an upgrade. Now I'm almost hoping it comes out then so I'm not 'late to the party' :P
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    310E9B05

Quote Originally Posted by siefer999 View Post
    I bet those dates in the systems are just place holders. Real dates will be announced on he 30th
    They do that? I need you to post in this thread I'm about to make, I have so many questions lol
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    699 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Yeah, the end of March for T-Mobile is unacceptable! I'm with T-Mobile and i love them and hope the new BB has 4G LTE! RIM, stop torturing everyone!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    the tail on the donkey....

As long as I can get an unlocked GSM version of the Z10 before May, I will be happy.

These rumored street dates for some cell providers may be placeholders or they could be waiting to see how BB10 does and are waiting a month or more after product launch to introduce it. I'm sure that if they get a lot of customers coming into their stores soon after 1/30 asking about the BB10 phones, they may up their release dates as those customers could potentially switch carriers on them in order to get the BB10 devices ASAP.

With the BB10 devices not being exclusive to a certain carrier for a set period of time, you would think that all of them would have them on sale at the same time.
    Thanked by:
    BoldtotheMax (01-15-2013) 
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Please feel free to ask :)

I've heard from a member of one of my bbm groups that release will be much sooner than end of march. She said she only had a few minutes to talk and that she was under NDA, but seemed confident imo. Just telling what I've heard so take it for what it's worth
    QNX and LTE, hand me a pen and let's do this.
    **Taken from The Engine**

Yes I am black...and yes I LOVE grape Kool Aid. I can't blame u for judging me

- Durrell pin:2B7B5318
    CrackBerry Genius

Dont know if its true or not but its nothing to do with RIM T-Mobile jumped on the BB!0 wagon late so they get late orders simple as that.Not everyone wanetd to back RIM early on they did teh wait and see approach they waited and now they will wait to sell BB10 devices.

Rogers had pre-orders since december thats how much rogers believed they pretty much have forst orders as well as few others in uk,dubai and citys where BB sells.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    310E9B05

Quote Originally Posted by RECOOL View Post
    Dont know if its true or not but its nothing to do with RIM T-Mobile jumped on the BB!0 wagon late so they get late orders simple as that.Not everyone wanetd to back RIM early on they did teh wait and see approach they waited and now they will wait to sell BB10 devices.

Rogers had pre-orders since december thats how much rogers believed they pretty much have forst orders as well as few others in uk,dubai and citys where BB sells.
    But who are you to say that they adopted late? It very much could've been a back end business issue, not a bandwagon issue. I don't care for T-Mobile...but that's a really unfair and uninformed stance to take. Back end matters forever tie up what we see in the front in many industries.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by PlaybookFanatic View Post
    But who are you to say that they adopted late? It very much could've been a back end business issue, not a bandwagon issue. I don't care for T-Mobile...but that's a really unfair and uninformed stance to take. Back end matters forever tie up what we see in the front in many industries.
    Im no one but its pretty easy logical deduction.Considering the amount of threads popping up throughout Q4 saying I got email from X,Y,Z carrier saying ''they dont know if we will sell bb10''.Low stocks,5 % market share in US. Pff did you miss all the negative articles and news and vaporware talk??? This happened constantly this year.By late december only rogers had pre orders ,uk networks confrimed it sells here.And people were still posting about ''are verizon and sprint going to sell bb10 devices''.Its only in last two weeks that the US carriers have out right confirmed they will be supporting BB10 devices.Rogers had been taken orders for 2-3 weeks already there's no way US carriers would have the first orders its that simple.

Now you get this march release leak that a certain analyst did say was gonna happen.Why would anyone think that US would get new phones first?? When BB is not popular and has 5% market share.Rim do not want to end up with dead stock and average sales after launch makes far more sense to release it in places its actually popular.Starting at home with rogers a canadian network.

Rogers the only carrier I have read thats taken in pre orders they pretty actually have buyers already they have the first batch there's gurranteed money being made.additionally I dont see canada where bb is popular waiting a month to get the phones when RIM said phones would be avaliable shortly after launch.Thinking about it theres was no way I see US getting the phones first.5% market share and the media hammerings.Pff you guys were never priority Rim always talked about its global base US is just another rock dont get special treatment.Rim cant afford unsold inventory and banking on persuading users to jump platforms or comeback.I just would not be surprised that countrys where bb are popular and sell have the phone in febuary so Rim can see some good sales numbers.

Meh we'll find out the truth after 30th but I just want one and Im getting one if its next day second week in feb ,march im getting mine after the event I can look for covers and check out the reviews probably by canadians lol.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    20EB1810

I generally agree with RECOOL.

I personally don't see the US carriers being pushed back as far as March, but I can see them being two weeks behind the rest of the world simply because the rest of the world is a lot more enthusiastic about BB10 than the US carriers have seemed to be. All the dancing around and naysaying definitely will make RIM want to target its launch day in territories where sales are likely to be very very big.

While I was negotiating my girlfriends upgrade in November I asked the sales rep (Vodafone UK) about BB10, and he said 'I don't know much just yet, but we definitely will be carrying it, it came up on our system this month'. That's the kind of thing that makes RIM want to give you devices to sell on launch day.

Aside from anything else, it makes sense to me if the US launch is a few weeks behind the 'International' launch because dozens of carriers around the world selling out of devices makes for exceptional press. And sell out they will. Why shouldn't RIM put the stock in the places where it will sell the most devices ? I mean, that's just good business sense.

The US loves to think it is the be all and end all and that somehow India and China and Indonesia and South America just don't count when it comes to smartphone sales. And maybe they don't count for a lot of the sales figures that people tout around as to why RIM is failing. But they buy a LOT of devices. It's always made me wonder how people who scream that RIM is dying reconcile there being 20+million BIS subscribers, and yet only 5% market share in the US. The US is not the only place in the world, and on recent trends I can totally understand RIM preferentially supporting places where blackberries continue to be dominant.
    Between Realities

Global Posts
    12,589 Global Posts

Default Re: Feb i can handle, but end of March 4 T-Mobile is unacceptable!

Y'all really think RIM is going penalize carriers for supposed slights?

Wow.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    10,506 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PlaybookFanatic View Post
    Exactafreakinmundo! ****. Sprint reports say later this year, so the OP can't be too miffed. If this is really true, will I be pissed beyond belief? Yes. But until then, all you can do if wait for the official, concrete word.
    have to ask what Sprint report are you talking about.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,530 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EGerhardt View Post
    I generally agree with RECOOL.

I personally don't see the US carriers being pushed back as far as March, but I can see them being two weeks behind the rest of the world simply because the rest of the world is a lot more enthusiastic about BB10 than the US carriers have seemed to be. All the dancing around and naysaying definitely will make RIM want to target its launch day in territories where sales are likely to be very very big.

While I was negotiating my girlfriends upgrade in November I asked the sales rep (Vodafone UK) about BB10, and he said 'I don't know much just yet, but we definitely will be carrying it, it came up on our system this month'. That's the kind of thing that makes RIM want to give you devices to sell on launch day.

Aside from anything else, it makes sense to me if the US launch is a few weeks behind the 'International' launch because dozens of carriers around the world selling out of devices makes for exceptional press. And sell out they will. Why shouldn't RIM put the stock in the places where it will sell the most devices ? I mean, that's just good business sense.

The US loves to think it is the be all and end all and that somehow India and China and Indonesia and South America just don't count when it comes to smartphone sales. And maybe they don't count for a lot of the sales figures that people tout around as to why RIM is failing. But they buy a LOT of devices. It's always made me wonder how people who scream that RIM is dying reconcile there being 20+million BIS subscribers, and yet only 5% market share in the US. The US is not the only place in the world, and on recent trends I can totally understand RIM preferentially supporting places where blackberries continue to be dominant.
    that and rim said they woukd be pushing bb10 to their stronger markets before the US.
    it makes sense. there is no one market that the rest of the world revolves around. the US is not a big trendsetter that it likes to think it is.
    it makes sense that if you need money, you release your device to where you know iy does well.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Primary Device: Moto X
    Backup Device: Blackberry Z10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    PIN
    2ADA5538

The only things i'm worried about, is the 799$... I'm waiting for BB10 since a year now, keeping my scratched bold 9900 and resist to all new phone that interested me, so waiting 1 more month or 2 is nothing.
    French Blacberry addict. Q10.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,530 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CallMeNop View Post
    The only things i'm worried about, is the 799$... I'm waiting for BB10 since a year now, keeping my scratched bold 9900 and resist to all new phone that interested me, so waiting 1 more month or 2 is nothing.
    same. but i've given up on trying to work out the price. it just leads to arguments.
    gonna wait until after launch and see what the price is before i decide what to do.

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    215 Global Posts

I suppose T-Mobile is a carrier that doesn't want RIM to succeed in their circle.

Show your appreciation for supply&demand principle by dumping T-Mobile as your carrier... Enough ppl do that and they'll get the message ...
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,530 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kolok View Post
    I suppose T-Mobile is a carrier that doesn't want RIM to succeed in their circle.

Show your appreciation for supply&demand principle by dumping T-Mobile as your carrier... Enough ppl do that and they'll get the message ...
    alternatively we can stop jumping to conclusions and see what happens after the 30th.
    geez

CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    7,338 Global Posts

T-Mobile is ending device subsidies on March 17th. They are rumored to be getting the iPhone soon too, but it will be after March 17th. If RIM delays BB10 till after March 17th, it will be so they don't have to pay the subsidy except on grandfathered, Classic plans. All new plans will be value plans where you either BYOD, or pay $20 per month for 20 months to get the device at a lower initial offering, or SIM only where you get an even lower cost and no susidy. T-Mobile is not going to eat $400 per iPhone, or any phone for that matter and is going to offer you value on the plan but making the customer bear the entire cost of the phone. Apples days of the carriers eating huge subsidies to give the customers the phone at $200 will be coming to an end probably in the next few of years and they are going to be forced to compete on price like everyone else does. Sprint is losing money due to iPhone subsidies, and AT&T and Verizon both take hits for every iPhone subsidy.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,804 Global Posts

Intentionally left blank.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Feb i can handle, but end of March 4 T-Mobile is unacceptable!-waiting.gif