How do you get the smart card feature to work?
    05-15-13 10:26 PM
    Exciting stuff indeed, but right now I'd rather have a NON rebooting phone than fancy stuff...

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 10:35 PM
    Hello friends, happy to see what is new features in blackberry os 10.2 i waiting this like all of you, but i see a forum message a few minutes ago on one other forum and is true that the man say.

Here is the message :

Can we have two very basic features we are waiting since launch and have been promised before all these fancy ones:
    HIT ENTER TO GO TO NEXT LINE IN SMS AND BBM MODE.
    A NOTIFICATION BAR WHICH SHOWS MISSED EVENTS, LIKE IN OLDER BLACKBERRIES SPECIALLY OS 7.0
    DAY AND DATE DISPLAY
    ABILITY TO CHANGE PROFILES LIKE OS 7.0 AND HAVE MORE PROFILE OPTIONS
    ABILITY TO KEEP EMAILS FOR MORE THAN 30 DAYS (Gmail and Yahoo)
    ABILITY TO SEND SMS OR EMAILS FROM CALL LOGS, RATHER THAN OPENING A CONTACT AND THEN CHOOSING.
    Finally stop treating us customers like beta testers, i am a blackberry user since last 7 years and honestly my patience with the brand is wearing thin because of silly omissions in the OS which is very...

Ok he is a little bite nervous, but in fact is right that these features are very interesting for beginning, and i want to add one feature, the possibility to kill apps that take toomuch battery, so crackberry team if you can forward this infos to blackberry it ould be great.

All others people then you have ideas for good feature wat you missing or want to see so tell us here...

Thanks

Thanks
    This is the future moving forward with development a brand new operating system built from the ground up why would they want to go backwards and sit on the brink of death with the old system features they were currently using? If you love BB07 then go purchase one.

The missed notifications are on your lock screen, flashing red light, in your hub, on the frame of the hub when you peek that's seriously not enough for you?

The day and date are shown on the lock screen, in the hub, when you pull down to show the settings feature on any screen.

You can keep emails for more than 30 days depending on your user profile with certain webmail providers it really has nothing to do with blackberry if it upsets you so much complain to gmail/yahoo and ask for this functionality BBRY has nothing to do with it.

You don't have to open a contact to send an sms or email you can do it right from the hub by selecting compose then typing in the users name it really can't be easier then that.

You can kill an app by holding the x button on it in the live tile screen until it closes.
    05-15-13 10:39 PM
    05-15-13 11:13 PM
    Umm...I am pretty sure this is not the 10.2 OS update, but the update to the SDK, which is coming out in June.
    You are correct! And the SDK will be BETA in June.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-dev...ta-coming-june

Posted via CB10 v1.4.2 on my Zed10 10.1.0.273 on Rogers
    05-15-13 11:16 PM
    Ummmm on legacy yahoo was kept forever, z 30 days. It's a setting in the phone.

Posted via CB10 from my AT&T Z10
    05-16-13 12:29 AM
    THis is going to be a great improvement. The smartcard addition will be a big boost for corporate clients for sure.
    Absolutely. The UK rail industry has become a very heavy user of BlackBerry devices over the years but rather than (some would think naturally) adopt the PlayBook for maintenance teams to use in the field; they trialled and went over to the iPad in many areas.

I believe that the emphasis is now starting to shift to iOS devices though. With iPhone becoming a standard issue to maintenance staff.

Posted Using CB10 - Z10 "-2" on the Vodafone UK Network
    05-16-13 12:35 AM
    10.2 OS? My guess is before end of year but hopefully they will fix and add smaller usability improvements to 10.1 sooner. Just my wishful thinking.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 12:38 AM
    That's SDK 10,2 not OS10.2. Calm your horses everyone.

Posted via CB10
    You don't GET OS10.2 without SDK 10.2. And according to the roadmap the OS10.2 release is just a little later in the summer. My horse can be as hyper as he wants to be.
    05-16-13 01:01 AM
    I'm waiting for 10.3 on Q15? Mmmm. )

Posted via Z10
    LMFAO

Posted via CB10 from my B@d@ss Z10
    05-16-13 01:01 AM
    How do you get the smart card feature to work?
    Well, the first step is to expose the APIs so developers can write software to take advantage of the functionality. Which is what they're doing with this SDK update.
    05-16-13 01:02 AM
    It should be available for devices running BlackBerry 10.
    05-16-13 01:13 AM
    All I know is that it is very exciting to be a part of such an awesome growing platform. Keep the new updates coming BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    05-16-13 01:26 AM
    To be honest, I really don't care for most of the upcoming 10.2 features, all I desperately want is sms led or tone customisation so I know who has text me. Not much to ask and before somebody suggests using a 3rd party app I don't want to entrust the content of my messages to an unknown developer. My dumb phone about 5 years ago could do this and my iPhone before I switched and I would have thought BlackBerry world have had this sorted before bb10 was launched but instead there is only email alerts, not everyone uses emails on their phones but everyone uses sms so why prioritise emails?

As there was a survey recently by BlackBerry about notifications I hope they will do something soon but something tells me it won't be in 10.2.

Apart from this issue I love my z10 and prefer it to my old iphone so I won't be switching phone back anytime soon but I hope this improves.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 03:02 AM
    I'm glad Blackberry listened to my feedback about USB On-The-Go support. I can't wait for the update, of course, I'm still waiting on 10.1 but I'd jump to 10.2 in a heartbeat.
    05-16-13 09:30 AM
    I don't think this will happen, considering the lack of updates in 10.1 and the fact that the updates it self haven't fucntions properly as seen in numberous posts.
    05-16-13 09:41 AM
    it's gonna be real easy to fit a usb thumb drive into the micro usb port on the side of the z10.
    adapters are cheap,,, i bought one for my playbook,,, yeah, yeah, i know...

Amazon.com: usb to mini usb adapter
    05-16-13 09:42 AM
    Really nice news... but I am still waiting 10.1 update to come to my Z10
    05-16-13 09:52 AM
    To be honest, I really don't care for most of the upcoming 10.2 features, all I desperately want is sms led or tone customisation so I know who has text me. Not much to ask and before somebody suggests using a 3rd party app I don't want to entrust the content of my messages to an unknown developer. My dumb phone about 5 years ago could do this and my iPhone before I switched and I would have thought BlackBerry world have had this sorted before bb10 was launched but instead there is only email alerts, not everyone uses emails on their phones but everyone uses sms so why prioritise emails?

As there was a survey recently by BlackBerry about notifications I hope they will do something soon but something tells me it won't be in 10.2.

Apart from this issue I love my z10 and prefer it to my old iphone so I won't be switching phone back anytime soon but I hope this improves.

Posted via CB10
    what are you talking about.go to settings notifications scroll to bottom tap text message edit teh sound,vibration there.
    05-16-13 09:58 AM
    what are you talking about.go to settings notifications scroll to bottom tap text message edit teh sound,vibration there.
    This is not for individual contacts, this just changes it for every text message.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 10:33 AM
    This is not for individual contacts, this just changes it for every text message.

Posted via CB10
    Go to Contacts, select the contact you want a custom notification for, click "Edit", scroll to bottom, click "Ring Tone and Notifications", select your notification for Phone, Messages or BBM.
    PowderJockey likes this.
    05-16-13 11:00 AM
    Go to Contacts, select the contact you want a custom notification for, click "Edit", scroll to bottom, click "Ring Tone and Notifications", select your notification for Phone, Messages or BBM.
    Messages refers to emails not sms messages unfortunately.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 11:27 AM
    I'll sacrifice my phone to test 10.2 . Bring out the leaks!!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    PowderJockey likes this.
    05-16-13 11:36 AM
    Nice list of features! Most of them have been gripes of mine, seems like 10.2 should have been what 10.0 was!

BBRY cannot afford these long waiting periods between updates...
    05-16-13 12:00 PM
    Again....really...
    Be Bold and wait...
    Keep calm and keep checking for updates....
    Because its all new, it will have bugs.....again.
    05-16-13 12:08 PM
125 12345