Enjoying my Z10 and had a few questions.

1) if an app is not being used as an active tile, is it still draining battery? I ask because I have read people suggesting not to install lots of apps due to battery drain but if not in use, why would it?

2) Is there a restriction in bb10 whereby to use an app it has to be one of eight active tiles? Anyone know if BlackBerry will add more for example 16?

3) Aside from the hub, is there a voice mail icon that appears say next to the battery icon?

I have more questions but that's all I can remember for now. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    SubCamp likes this.
    06-02-13 11:07 AM
    Remembered another question. Is there a way to use the LinkedIn app without having to have the messages appear in the Hub?

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 11:09 AM
    Remembered another question. Is there a way to use the LinkedIn app without having to have the messages appear in the Hub?

Posted via CB10
    Turn it off in hub management, you will still see the email they send you if they're sent to an address that goes to your device.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 03:58 PM
    Enjoying my Z10 and had a few questions.

1) if an app is not being used as an active tile, is it still draining battery? I ask because I have read people suggesting not to install lots of apps due to battery drain but if not in use, why would it?

2) Is there a restriction in bb10 whereby to use an app it has to be one of eight active tiles? Anyone know if BlackBerry will add more for example 16?

3) Aside from the hub, is there a voice mail icon that appears say next to the battery icon?

I have more questions but that's all I can remember for now. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    1) not usually but some bad apps (like the eBay app) do, or at least did.

2) yes, no

3) don't know, never looked

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 04:04 PM
    3) there's a voice mail icon that shows up like the rest of your notifications on the lock screen if you peek. I'm not sure if you can see an icon anywhere else besides there.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 04:07 PM