Occasionally have an issue where touch screen simply does not respond to anything I do. Have completely erased device and re-installed operating system and problem still persists.

Got the device off the Blackberry UK website just over a month ago, is there any possibility I can get a new device or at least a refund, have been very, very disappointed with the product since changing from a Nexus 4.
    05-17-14 08:36 AM
    Occasionally have an issue where touch screen simply does not respond to anything I do. Have completely erased device and re-installed operating system and problem still persists.

Got the device off the Blackberry UK website just over a month ago, is there any possibility I can get a new device or at least a refund, have been very, very disappointed with the product since changing from a Nexus 4.
    Since it's been over a month you need to check with BlackBerry. Don't wait any longer to contact them, you may have already waited too long.
    05-17-14 08:39 AM
    Where can I contact the UK bit of Blackberry from? Their site is not particularly user friendly and the phone was purchased by another family member, so I do not have the order number, etc to hand.
    05-17-14 08:42 AM
    Might want to try this. I've always had great luck with them. If not, contact your carrier and see if they can put you through to them, from the carrier. That got me some quick response when I was having trouble getting my laptop to recognise my Z10 last year and also when I was having contant random reboots.
    http://uk.blackberry.com/support.html
    05-17-14 08:46 AM
    Are you using screen protector at all? If so try taking it off and see if it works any better. I took my screen protector off a few months ago as it did seem to respond less with it on. Since taking it off I have had no issues.

Careful! Z10 in action!
    Last edited by knighty2112; 05-17-14 at 10:15 AM.
    05-17-14 08:51 AM
    Yeah I was. Took it off to see if the problem still persists. A screen protector shouldn't impact a touch screen like that though, had one on my iPod for 3 years and its never played up.

Dont like the idea of my bb getting scratched now though!
    05-18-14 07:49 AM
    Yeah I was. Took it off to see if the problem still persists. A screen protector shouldn't impact a touch screen like that though, had one on my iPod for 3 years and its never played up.

Dont like the idea of my bb getting scratched now though!
    Try some other manufacturers screen protectors. I am sure like everything else you can get good and bad ones. Try a few different ones out to see if any work better than the one you had on your Zee. Other option if none work any better is to get a BlackBerry flip case or other manufacturers case to cover your phone's screen when in any pockets or bags. Adds more bulk to your phone so it's a trade off against bulk vs any potential scratches.
    I make sure that when using my Zee at work or not that it is normally in my shirt pocket sitting nicely. If I do put it in any other pockets in my pants or coat I make sure that my Zee is in there on its own and not sharing it with any keys, change or anything else that might scratch the screen. Used to wrap my Zee in a case with a flap to protect the screen, but now find that with care I can just leave it naked all the time with no issues so far at least.

Careful! Z10 in action!
    05-18-14 08:26 AM