Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Factory Unlocked Z10 from UK not working on AT&T

Hi there I just bought a UK unlocked factory version of the Z10 in the US, however it's not working on ATNT I have the blackverry unlimited data plan previously.

I can text/call perfectly, just not getting any data (I see a small 4g) I called atnt and they said they tried everything, and I thought maybe its just not compatible. However i see in the forums some people do get their Z10 to work on ATNT network and get data services.

Do i need to change to the LTE data plan instead of the Blackberry unlimited?

Thanks really want this to work thanks!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    CrackBerry Abuser

What model do you have?
    Curve 8310.... Curve 9300.... Curve 9380..... Blackberry by Choice since 2008
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

hi its the new z10
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by mount.zed View Post
    Hi I'm not sure about this frequency thing I saw that at&t has

700/1700/2100

and I saw from BlackBerryOS.com - BlackBerry 10 In Depth: What Is The Difference Between Z10STL100-2 And Z10STL100-3? that i have the (middle(2)) one and it only matched with 2100 but im not sure
    CrackBerry Addict

UK Z-10s will not work, diff frequency. you want canadian ones (think all canadian ones works) i am selling one here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/buy-sel...0-bnib-772528/
    CrackBerry Abuser

You will most likely have to dumb the phone down to 2G/3G to get any sort of data connection since LTE in the UK is a different operating frequency, for one. Two if you do not have an AT&T LTE data plan you are never going to get LTE connection when you have a phone that is built to work on the US networks. Over the next couple of years it is going to be interesting to see if we get and LTE "world" phones, in other words an LTE phone that will work on the different LTE networks around the world, but for now, i hope you like using your Z10 on WiFi and 3G, because that is about all you are going to get, even when AT&T releases a Z10/Q10 phone.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

so i basically just wasted 950$? so it wouldn't matter if I had the LTE plan or the blackberry plan?
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

I'm not even getting 3g, and I dont know how to change it to 3G. I just want any data plan to be honest I'm not so big about the 4G speed etc, but yeah I can't even get this 3G working or any kind of data plan
    CrackBerry Abuser

If you search through the CB Z10 How-To's I know they had an article on how to tell your phone not to look for a 4G LTE connection when there isn't one available to save battery. Other then that yeah you kind of spent a lot of money for a phone that you are going to have issues with, it might even have a manufacturing defect. Does it work over WiFi?
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

it does work over wifi thats why I was hoping it would work. I currently have the "blackberry" unlimited plan in AT&T not LTE plan, do you think this will make a difference? people in at&t are not helping in anyways

Global Posts
    5,284 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Putera View Post
    so i basically just wasted 950$? so it wouldn't matter if I had the LTE plan or the blackberry plan?
    \

You didn't "waste" it, because you can probably still sell it for most of that price. But, yes, different regions have different spectrum bands that mobile radios operate on. As has been noted elsewhere, a Canadian Z10 should fit the bill for you.

"Max Power doesn't 'cuddle'! You strap yourself in and feel the Gs!"
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

hi Montyl just wondering where exactly is this forum im having a hard time finding it
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbuck View Post
    \

You didn't "waste" it, because you can probably still sell it for most of that price. But, yes, different regions have different spectrum bands that mobile radios operate on. As has been noted elsewhere, a Canadian Z10 should fit the bill for you.

thanks thunderbuck, i did buy it at a reseller im gna try to ask him if i can get a refund as it doesn't really work. Does the canadian one work in us/internationally unlocked? AS i am an international student and will be using the phone in indonesia and in the US
    CrackBerry Abuser

thanks thunderbuck, i did buy it at a reseller im gna try to ask him if i can get a refund as it doesn't really work. Does the canadian one work in us/internationally unlocked? AS i am an international student and will be using the phone in indonesia and in the US
    A Canadian one will work in the US on AT&T as confirmed by the 7 of them i have shipped there. It may work in indonesia depending on which frequencies they use.

If you want a Canadian one PM me and i'll get you one.
    - Joey -
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

and this UK one will for sure not work on the US? Even on a 3G? (I really don't mind the 3G), I just want to know if I should even bother going to AT&T trying to get the 'data' to work on 3G or just going back to the store asking for a refund. I also just want to know how to change the 'network' settings so that I can choose which 'band' i want to use (2G/3G/4G) I don't see that option anywhere right now. And I looked for hours in the forum/searches and I still can't find it.

Thanks

Thanks
    CrackBerry Abuser

The OP mentions few times having BlackBerry Plan. Just start wondering this might be the issue, if based on tha Plan, only BlackBerry (BBOS devices) traffic is included/allowed. Maybe make sense to try with a SIM on generic data plan. LTE in UK and US/CA are diferrent, but, if not worng, 3G frequencies on ATT shoud be compatible with the UK's
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  

yeah thats what I thought after looking at the LTE frequencies but I'm still not getting any data its right now 4g (small g) im wondering how to change and set it so that i'm using the "3G" band however ther eis no "advanced option" in mobile network anymore anyhelp?
    CrackBerry Addict

U can scan for networks. In the network settings page you can choose which technology (lte,hspa,gsm etc) you want it to scan for. Then choose manual and scan. If it can't detect 3G for your carrier then the frequency are incompatible

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,443 Global Posts
    PIN
    Not - NO!

Sell it, as it will not work on AT&T.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfern View Post
    U can scan for networks. In the network settings page you can choose which technology (lte,hspa,gsm etc) you want it to scan for. Then choose manual and scan. If it can't detect 3G for your carrier then the frequency are incompatible

Posted via CB10
    hi where is the scan for netwlrks i dont see the option
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    731 Global Posts
    PIN
    24F4241A

I'm thinking its a combination of you having the Blackberry internet plan and APN settings aren't set up right for ATT. Its been stated many times that the new blackberrys won't be needing that any longer.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #23  

my APN is not even "entered" idk what to write on APN.
    this is a screenshot of what is showing right now\Factory Unlocked Z10 from UK not working on AT&T-photo-2-18-13-2.08-pm.jpg
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    731 Global Posts
    PIN
    24F4241A

my APN is not even "entered" idk what to write on APN.
    this is a screenshot of what is showing right now\Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo on 2-18-13 at 2.08 PM.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	136592
    Are you able to edit the apn so that you can input ATT apn settings?
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #25  

Yes but idk what the settings are... Why dont i have the network manually selectt settings?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast