Horrible and cheesy! Someone should be fired. I can't imagine Apple or Samsung putting something like this out there.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 11:14 PM
    wait what? Why is there a dev alpha in part of the video? lol

But anyways, this ad was done by one of their global divisions. Whatever country speaks spanish. Maybe for Spain or for Mexico.
    Attached Thumbnails *facepalm* z10 Web commercial by BlackBerry-bbdev.png  
    jrlong likes this.
    03-27-13 11:21 PM
    It's just an online commercial.
    03-27-13 11:21 PM
    I hate it lol.

Posted via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK)
    03-27-13 11:24 PM
    Looks alright to me
    03-27-13 11:24 PM
    lol at there being a Dev Alpha Easter egg in there.

I agree its not a good ad though, not nearly enough focus on the phone or OS, much too much on people holding the phone.
    03-27-13 11:25 PM
    But yeah, the theme it's really different than all the ads we've seen.
    03-27-13 11:25 PM
    Umm this looks like those old infomercials. This isn't BB sponsored is it?
    03-27-13 11:27 PM
    Ughh it looks like it was filmed with a handheld camcorder in the late 80's, early 90's.

That being said, if they filmed it over again, changed up the music, and changed the activities people were doing to things more fast paced, it would be alright. It's clearly not intended for the U.S., and looks like something an airline would put out to remind you how to get off the plane on the inflatable slide when you land in water and escape death.

Maybe BlackBerry spent all their money on the SuperBowl ad?
    araskin likes this.
    03-27-13 11:30 PM
    Check out the 32 second mark.... Grammatical errors.

Posted via CB10
    Lendo likes this.
    03-27-13 11:31 PM
    Haha, super cheesy... The BlackBerry logo with the apps was awesome though. I wish my Z10 would show that when it boots up
    trynacu2 likes this.
    03-27-13 11:33 PM
    Da #$%. The dude was speaking Portuguese!

I was ready to say that this looked like some demo ad for a company bidding to BlackBerry but I just don't know now. It's probably that... Most of the FX is really in your face. o.0
    03-27-13 11:33 PM
    Yeah that's a pretty terrible commercial bad production values, bad music and just a poorly thought out concept.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    03-27-13 11:38 PM
    That was Brazil, and explains why they spoke Portuguese instead of Spanish

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-27-13 11:45 PM
    What's up with the music... seriously.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 11:48 PM
    The description of the video clearly says "This video showcases Applications and Content for BlackBerry Z10.
    This video shows different scenarios where the Apps and Content are relevant (day to day situations)"

It is not a commercial. It is created to showcase apps and their uses. Gotta love the misinformation on this site coupled with wild jumps to conclusions when the info is right under your nose.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    03-27-13 11:51 PM
    Eh. It wasn't terrible but it wasn't great either. I liked the app icons forming the BB logo, but all the exaggerated taps they were doing on the screen bugged me. Haha.
    03-27-13 11:51 PM
    Agp101, this was posted on the official blackberry worldwide youtube channel. It's advertising the phone! I own a Z10 and hold shares of BlackBerry and I gotta tell you... seeing garbage like this is quite unsettling.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 12:03 AM
    I stopped it after about 30s it was awful
    03-28-13 12:05 AM
    Agp101, this was posted on the official blackberry worldwide youtube channel. It's advertising the phone! I own a Z10 and hold shares of BlackBerry and I gotta tell you... seeing garbage like this is quite unsettling.

Posted via CB10
    I am aware of that. They do not only post commercials on that account. They post how to's, demos, and in this case they are featuring apps that are useful for day to day activities. People come on and speak (in a language) about how they use apps on the z10 and how it helps them in day to day life. It is not a commercial. It is just a video about apps.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 12:48 AM
    Yeah, and those flying apps in the dark void forming the BlackBerry logo.... What, is this the '90s again?

Seriously, I know this sounds weird, but RIM's marketing team needs to sit down and just watch Verizon and Apple advertisements from the last four years or so. Those two companies in the world of mobile technology have had so much success getting people excited about their products and services. That's not to say BlackBerry should copy them... actually, yes. BlackBerry needs to copy Apple and Verizon. They need to copy the Apple "Switch" campaign, because they need to convince people who are using Android and Apple to switch to BlackBerry. In fact, many would be switching back. Convince people why they need to switch BACK to BlackBerry from their a) functional but bland iPhone or b) inconsistent, gimmicky Android. Promise the stability, functionality, and fun they used to enjoy on their proto-smartphones, back when BlackBerry was the standard. And do that in a simple, direct, almost conversational way, like Apple. Tell us why the competition sucks in comparison to you, no matter how cheap. Which leads us to Verizon, actually! Follow Verizon's example, and promise things that don't make sense but look cool. Find a way to make the S4 look sucky. It'll take some creativity, but you can do it! Have a guy walking and reading an article, then have him look down at a penny on the sidewalk and have the phone scroll to the bottom of the page because of its gimmicky eye-scrolling feature. Or have a couple sitting next to each other watching a video, and one looks to the other and the video pauses because of the auto-pausing feature that triggers when you look away. Show that, and point out how lame it is.

IDK, do something, but don't EVER make another ad like this one! You may have only one chance to do this right, so don't screw it up! You don't have to get it all right at release, you can still fix it and give us some good ads. Don't use celebrities if they don't have anything to say about the product. Again, take a page from Apple's playbook with how they used Justin Long. Not only was he celebrity endorsing Apple, he was the human manifestation of the Apple company, all Apple products, and even all Apple users! Like the Jesus Christ of Apple.

Do something like that.
    03-28-13 12:53 AM
    So lame.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 12:54 AM
    That was Brazil, and explains why they spoke Portuguese instead of Spanish

Posted via CB10
    I happen to be from Brasil, hence my surprise.

And yeah... We don't really speak Spanish heh. Glad to see educated people around here!

Posted via CB10

Andrew, not all of them were speaking Spanish. Each person looked like being in a different country.

I don't think this is a BlackBerry ad. A Dec Alpha would not have been in there if it was. You can all chill now...

I happen to be from Brasil, hence my surprise.

And yeah... We don't really speak Spanish heh. Glad to see educated people around here!

Posted via CB10
    EDIT: Don't ask me how I double posted. It's 3am. I'll fix it in the morning.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by diegonei; 03-28-13 at 12:36 PM.
    03-28-13 01:09 AM
    Was that a Skype logo in the fly-through, or a Skype-like logo?
    Oh yah, it's coming.
    I didn't think the commercial was THAT bad, but I fear the music will be stuck in my head. It definitely had the "low budget 80s" feel to it...
    03-28-13 01:26 AM
    lolwhut? Wth let that be uploaded. Smh.
    Midnight City likes this.
    03-28-13 01:39 AM
55 123