Ok i just tried this service and it is great over WIFI.

For BB10 there is the app for it, but for playbook you need to go and use the browser so you can faceflow anyone on your faceflow contacts, but you can also ue your PC browser to login and faceflow anyone a message only, but not call them or audio message them.

Free Video Chat - Quick & Simple | FaceFlow

This is a great app much like skype would be, but better i think and better then facetime on iphone as iphones app only works over WIFI.

FaceFlow works over Mobile Connection as well, little choppy if you connection is slow.

Best over Wifi though.

This is a great alternative over BBM playbook and Z10 on same BBID not work, well you can call the Z10 from the playbook, but not from Z10 to playbook on Same BBID.
    02-24-13 04:40 PM
    I think us BB10 users just want something that can video chat cross platform such as skype or Tango. FaceFlow doesn't work on any other platforms (yet)...
    fbcltd likes this.
    04-07-13 07:41 AM
    There is an iOS app you know... Don't take me for my word, go to iTunes.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 07:46 AM

Posted via CB10
    I did check on my wife's iPhone, nothing found. FaceFlow website says coming soon...me :/

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 07:52 AM

Posted via CB10
    Unrelated app with the same name.

Posted via CB10
    jonskids likes this.
    04-07-13 08:01 AM
    I found it easy to send someone a link and they were video chatting with me on the playbook within a minute or two ,without them having to sign in.

But they said my voice on the playbook echoed. How is the voice quality for anyone using this app?

For the record they thought the comwave ephone app audio echoed on the playbook; I tried it on the iphone with them over wifi and they said the iphone sound was ok.

I wonder if because the playbook is a tablet, one would have to do something to minimize the echo...
    04-07-13 08:24 AM
    I found it easy to send someone a link and they were video chatting with me on the playbook within a minute or two ,without them having to sign in.

But they said my voice on the playbook echoed. How is the voice quality for anyone using this app?

For the record they thought the comwave ephone app audio echoed on the playbook; I tried it on the iphone with them over wifi and they said the iphone sound was ok.

I wonder if because the playbook is a tablet, one would have to do something to minimize the echo...
    I ran into the same issue. Try using a headset with a built in mic, it seems to eliminate the echo.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 08:51 AM
    I did check on my wife's iPhone, nothing found. FaceFlow website says coming soon...me :/

Posted via CB10
    I'm NOT saying you didn't check. I'm just saying it is there...

https://itunes.apple.com/pk/app/face...mt=8&at=10l3Vy
    04-07-13 11:23 AM
    I'm NOT saying you didn't check. I'm just saying it is there...

https://itunes.apple.com/pk/app/face...mt=8&at=10l3Vy
    I am NOT saying that you said that I said.... but whatever, FaceFlow is NOT avaliable for iOS.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 11:44 AM
    Developer contacted me and said android will be in summer, and ios later in the year. The app in itunes doesn't work.
    04-07-13 11:47 AM
    Volume for me is very low on faceflow

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 12:09 PM
    I am NOT saying that you said that I said.... but whatever, FaceFlow is NOT avaliable for iOS.

Posted via CB10
    Did I link you to DisneyLand then? Take no offence, I wanna understand. What's that then?

EDIT: Nvm, answer below.

Developer contacted me and said android will be in summer, and ios later in the year. The app in itunes doesn't work.
    Well, then he should have the link off the store, isn't it? A bad app, even as a place holder, can do lots to boycott one's repoutation...
    04-07-13 02:49 PM
    I ran into the same issue. Try using a headset with a built in mic, it seems to eliminate the echo.

Posted via CB10
    thanks.
    any brand that is recommended? (cheap and on amazon preferred)
    04-07-13 09:42 PM
    The problem is not the volume, it's the fact that it's using the wrong Z10 mic! It's actually using the microphone on the top of the phone instead of the one by the BlackBerry logo. I thought that one was meant to be used for ambient noise mitigation (might also explain the echo). Hopefully they fix this, in the mean time we just talk to the top mic (by the lock button)... Although it makes for some interesting video... :/

Volume for me is very low on faceflow

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 01:19 PM
    Ok i just tried this service and it is great over WIFI.

For BB10 there is the app for it, but for playbook you need to go and use the browser so you can faceflow anyone on your faceflow contacts, but you can also ue your PC browser to login and faceflow anyone a message only, but not call them or audio message them.

Free Video Chat - Quick & Simple | FaceFlow

This is a great app much like skype would be, but better i think and better then facetime on iphone as iphones app only works over WIFI.

FaceFlow works over Mobile Connection as well, little choppy if you connection is slow.

Best over Wifi though.

This is a great alternative over BBM playbook and Z10 on same BBID not work, well you can call the Z10 from the playbook, but not from Z10 to playbook on Same BBID.
    Just curious...

Did you know that you can Video Chat using the default BBM video chat function on your Z10 to the default Video Chat function on the Playbook?

If you are only concerned about Z10 to Playbook video chat or vice versa, I don't see why not use the native apps... unless you think faceflow on the Playbook web browser is better...

The only advantage that I can see is for people who are on carriers that doesn't allow the Z10 to do Video Chat over cell data.

Just thought I would put it out there just in case you didn't know. Just get the BBID of the playbook account (make sure it is not the same account you use for your phone) and add it to a contact as an email address field. You will then get a video chat option for that contact.
    04-13-13 01:38 PM
    It is available for Android. I installed it on my wife's Samsung S2 and we can communicate although the quality could be better. Echo is bad and it is laggy.

Correction: my apologies, I was wrong. I was using Z10 and my wife was logged in faceflow website.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by TTQ225; 04-13-13 at 05:06 PM.
    04-13-13 02:11 PM
    Just curious...

Did you know that you can Video Chat using the default BBM video chat function on your Z10 to the default Video Chat function on the Playbook?

If you are only concerned about Z10 to Playbook video chat or vice versa, I don't see why not use the native apps... unless you think faceflow on the Playbook web browser is better...

The only advantage that I can see is for people who are on carriers that doesn't allow the Z10 to do Video Chat over cell data.

Just thought I would put it out there just in case you didn't know. Just get the BBID of the playbook account (make sure it is not the same account you use for your phone) and add it to a contact as an email address field. You will then get a video chat option for that contact.
    You should read the end part of my post and also do a search for bbm video chat on playbook as if you did you would of read u can not call the playbook on the same bbid, but you can call from the playbook to the z10.

You would of also read its a great alternative for those who have same bbid, plus you can faceflow with anyone with a pc an mic via Web browser.

On playbook you can only use browser as no app been made yet for playbook, but the z10 has a cool app.
    04-13-13 02:16 PM
    The problem is not the volume, it's the fact that it's using the wrong Z10 mic! It's actually using the microphone on the top of the phone instead of the one by the BlackBerry logo. I thought that one was meant to be used for ambient noise mitigation (might also explain the echo). Hopefully they fix this, in the mean time we just talk to the top mic (by the lock button)... Although it makes for some interesting video... :/

I do believe the echo is if the devices are close to each other.

Yep it doe use the top mic on Z10 I dislike this and hope it is fixed asap.

Try the head phones see if that cures the echo, I would try but I am on holidays an no headphones to try.
    04-13-13 02:20 PM
    You should read the end part of my post and also do a search for bbm video chat on playbook as if you did you would of read u can not call the playbook on the same bbid, but you can call from the playbook to the z10.

You would of also read its a great alternative for those who have same bbid, plus you can faceflow with anyone with a pc an mic via Web browser.

On playbook you can only use browser as no app been made yet for playbook, but the z10 has a cool app.
    My apologizes, thought I read "some" instead of "same". I guess creating a new BBID is not an option for some. It was easy for me to create a new BBID, but then I did not buy any apps on the playbook.
    04-13-13 02:22 PM
    My apologizes, thought I read "some" instead of "same". I guess creating a new BBID is not an option for some. It was easy for me to create a new BBID, but then I did not buy any apps on the playbook.
    Np's I figured you read wrong.

Yeah I got playbook before Z10 obviously so u used same bbid so I can use same apps or most without paying twice.

I do have separate bbid for my Older bold 9000 so I can fully bridge if I want to to playbook. No sim in it, but I can bridge over wifi, just can only read text can't send back cause of no data plan, sure if I wanted I could out my Z10 sim in it using adapter, but what a pain that would be and I love my z10.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    04-13-13 02:29 PM