So I stumbled on the BlackBerry Facebook page today. Not sure if it was just me, but it seemed there were a lot of trolls spreading lies about BlackBerry 10. Yes, I know this is going to happen, but it seemed more than usual at the given time? Now, I'm not sure if this is a good idea, but I was thinking the Crackberry World could spread some honest positive posts on the site. Just a thought?

Posted via CB10
    Midnight City and SDTRMG like this.
    03-06-13 09:33 PM
    There has always been a large number of haters on the Facebook page. You should have seen it last year, you wouldn't have been able to find a single comment from a fan.
    03-06-13 09:38 PM
    I follow BlackBerry on Facebook and see what you are talking about, it's not as bad the past couple weeks but tones of haters. I see many of the same people repeatedly commenting negatively on BlackBerry posts, some people 5 and 6 times pr post. I do my part to post positive comments and provide information.

Posted from my Z10.
    03-06-13 10:06 PM
    I will do my part.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-13 10:39 PM
    If I have some spare time I'll throw a post or two in.
    03-06-13 11:23 PM
    That and Rogers' page whenever BlackBerry is mentioned - my god does it get annoying.
    03-06-13 11:43 PM
    So I stumbled on the BlackBerry Facebook page today. Not sure if it was just me, but it seemed there were a lot of trolls spreading lies about BlackBerry 10. Yes, I know this is going to happen, but it seemed more than usual at the given time? Now, I'm not sure if this is a good idea, but I was thinking the Crackberry World could spread some honest positive posts on the site. Just a thought?

Posted via CB10
    Why waste your time, you won't win the battle?

Trolls will be trolls, be it here on Crackberry or on the Blackberry site.

Their level of maturely is indirectly proportional to the amount of time they waste bothering others. Call it an inferiority complex or just plain jealousy.

Blackberry owners are better than that. We enjoy our devices and do not feel the need to defend it, bash others or lower ourselves to their level.

We proudly walk over the bridge while the trolls hide under it.
    Last edited by frfghtr; 03-07-13 at 12:17 AM. Reason: I have bad grammar.
    03-06-13 11:57 PM
    i took a quick look but didnt see anything bad really. I guess if i spent hours on there i might see some stuff in some of the postings.
    03-07-13 12:09 AM
    No more so than what we get on here.. I would say on the percentage of people who access / post we probably get more on here.
    03-07-13 12:14 AM
    Holy. People on that page are Sooooo annoying. They don't know anything and see shooting stuff out their a$ses.

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10!!!
    03-07-13 12:15 AM
    Already have been combating trolls on their page trying to at least clear up disinformation. So many idiots that haven't even used the device yet giving their opinions is dangerous. Keep the trolls in check and under the bridge.

CB10- z10
    meganVee likes this.
    03-07-13 12:23 AM
    OP:

Thanks for the replies. It must of been the time I was on there. Not as bad today. I never wanted to sink to their level. I just wanted to help out BlackBerry by posting some honest takes on the Z10 experience.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by xBURK; 03-07-13 at 03:46 PM.
    03-07-13 03:00 PM
    I think this is a battle you cannot win. There are far too many of those idiots.
    You'll only frustrate yourself if you try to educate them.
    meganVee and R Field like this.
    03-07-13 03:43 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes there are tons of them. I see their posts all the time and it is gross. These iPhone and Android bunnies need a life somewhere. They just can't accept that Blackberry has a bada** phone coming out.

I have admittedly yelled at a few of them because it was getting very annoying and they have no idea what the heck they are talking about. I stick up for them almost every day on FB.

But I also go on to answer peoples questions. Some people really can't do their own research so I do it for them. I don't want them getting discouraged away from the Blackberry so I keep them positive.
    03-07-13 04:14 PM
    Sadly this is true but in life there are those who usually have nothing good to say because of their own insecurity of themselves or the choices they make.

I always tell my daughter when people who tease or harass her, to ignore them. They usually have their own issues and by slamming others in some way makes them feel better about themselves. They will eventually stop and be forgotten.

Posted via CB10
    ErinnM and xBURK like this.
    03-07-13 04:27 PM
    I will submit this for consideration. It is someone's job to hit blogs and SM profiles and post, post, post. You can see the pattern anytime that news about BB is positive. It should be ignored, BUT...it is very very effective. I saw today that Samsung has spent 500% more $ to lobbyist in Washington. What do you thing they or other groups could be spending on nasty PR tactics?? makes you think huh?
    xBURK and meganVee like this.
    03-07-13 04:37 PM
    Posted via CB10
    I'll do my bit. Yeah, it's overwhelming but a lot of it is just inertia at this point. As someone else noted it was far worse a year ago. Blackberry is not Apple, or Samsung, or Google. They are a smaller company with fewer resources. They can't spend the money the other companies can. However, they just released a great new operating system, on a great little phone. So it's going to be a slow burn, it'll be word of mouth that helps win the day for Blackberry. And how exciting that we fans of this new OS will be the ones that help to make the difference. Let the other companies BUY their users' loyalty, and let Blackberry earn it. There's a reason that there is a site called Crackberry after all: it's because the people that use the phone love it, and are dedicated to supporting it.

Don't be discouraged by the postings of petty people that need to put down others in order to feel good about themselves. Courage! The victory will taste that much sweeter if we have to fight for it.
    xBURK and R Field like this.
    03-07-13 04:41 PM
    Posted on Facebook!
    xBURK likes this.
    03-07-13 04:50 PM
    Dont worry, other phone brands, such as Samsung has had their fair share of FB trolls as well
    Facebook Trolls-samsung-facebook-page-what-phone.jpg
    03-07-13 07:36 PM
    Dont worry, other phone brands, such as Samsung has had their fair share of FB trolls as well
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Samsung-Facebook-page-what-phone.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	139697
    Lol well it is mainly iPhone users who troll I noticed.
    03-07-13 07:40 PM
    I find that fanboy comments bashing other platforms are more likely to come from iPhone users, followed by Android users. And overall, BlackBerry users appear to be more accepting of other platforms and competition.
    03-07-13 07:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    Let the facebook haters hate.
    Every friend who asked to play with my Z10 first asked "where is the home key", at which point I took the phone and demonstrated a few things.....like multitasking, swipes, the hub, etc
    Then they saw how fast the browser was, how clear and nice the screen was and the overall flow of the device and all of them thought it was great. then they saw the keyboard and I showed them how to swipe words in.

Not a single person who actually played with my phone did not think it was awesome. And most of them facebook/Tweeted that they want to switch over after trying it out.

For all the bad press you see on facebook pages, you get tons more good messages between friends and on walls.
    xBURK likes this.
    03-07-13 09:01 PM
    Let the facebook haters hate.
    Exactly, it's all word of mouth! I've had the same experience with my friends. Cheers.
    03-07-13 09:05 PM
    Don't do fb.
    03-07-13 10:08 PM