Hi everyone. One thing that has seriously annoyed me on this wonderful new phone of mine is the Facebook app and the fact that news feeds do not appear in date order as they should. It was starting to drive me insane that such functionality could have been built in or overlooked.

I've seen various posts on how to resolve by going to the Facebook site on a laptop or pc but none were completely clear so I thought I would add a post to help any others still in the dark. Such a simple fix

First go to m.facebook.com and log in. I did this with the browser on my z10!!! After you have logged in you should see a sort button in the top right of you screen, hit this and change the settings to 'most recent'. Job done Facebook app should now work fine on posts there after.

If you have trouble logging in or you do not have the sort button in the top right of the screen then you may need to change the browser settings ( on your z10) as I did on a friends Z10 and my own. Within the browser settings go into 'developer tools' and turn desktop mode 'on' then retry logging into m.facebook.com again and you should now see the 'sort' button

Give it a whirl everyone it worked for me

Love my Z10, worth the wait

Posted via CB10
    pawluks and icehouse0683 like this.
    02-19-13 03:43 PM
    Great find!
    02-19-13 04:21 PM
    Appears to work for about 15 posts then a random photo or status from a week or 3 days ago appears out of order.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 04:24 PM
    Unfortunately it keeps switching back to Top Stories for me.

It might have something to do with the fact that I use multiple devices to log into Facebook, but regardless the issue isn't "fixed!!!" for me
    02-19-13 04:26 PM
    Tied doing this fix several times in the past and still is out of order. Like mentioned, first few are sorted, then it goes all over the place from there. Even have posts that are months old show up right away.
    02-19-13 04:31 PM
    I think your right prlarkin although the results are Definitely much better than previous with only a few older posts showing up between recent postings. Before it was awful and I was seeing more older posts than newer ones. At least this is an improvement until they find a fix. If they find a fix?

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 04:35 PM
    There's nothing to be fixed. It's Facebook's problem. Or more accurately, the way Facebook intentionally has it set up. Facebook for Android on my Nexus 7 switches back to "Top Stories" view every time you turn off or restart the device, "Most Recent" only seems to display 15 or 20 items before it goes back to things posted several days ago, and you always find a random story from several days ago scattered in the middle of chronological posts. The web site is similarly flaky at times in the order it displays things. It's infuriating, but it's definitely not unique to BlackBerry 10.
    02-19-13 06:53 PM
    Facebook is an awful experience on my dev a. Hopefully it is great for you guys.
    02-19-13 07:50 PM
    There's nothing to be fixed. It's Facebook's problem. Or more accurately, the way Facebook intentionally has it set up. Facebook for Android on my Nexus 7 switches back to "Top Stories" view every time you turn off or restart the device, "Most Recent" only seems to display 15 or 20 items before it goes back to things posted several days ago, and you always find a random story from several days ago scattered in the middle of chronological posts. The web site is similarly flaky at times in the order it displays things. It's infuriating, but it's definitely not unique to BlackBerry 10.
    Yes but on Android you can toggle back and forth between Top Stories and Most Recent right in the app. If Blackberry would add that option it would be great.
    02-19-13 08:01 PM
    This is a really big deal for me and needs to be fixed sooner rather than later. Can't believe the issue hasnt got mire attention.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 09:46 AM
    just downloaded Facebook Lite from Blackberry World (free). top right corner in the app has a sort button for most recent or top stories. You can sort the timeline right from within the app.
    03-09-13 10:30 AM