How so you tag somebody in the Facebook app? You tap on the picture then tap on the tag on the bottom and get the prompt "tap to tag". Then you tap the picture and select the friend you want from the list and then the friend shows as tagged on the picture and hit done?
    Then how come that friend never gets a notification, nor does it show up in his news feed. So what is it good for?

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 08:35 PM
    There are privacy settings on Facebook that block tagged photos from showing on your profile. Maybe your friend has that enabled.
    Same goes for notifications, maybe he turned them off for photo-tags.

There is an 'activity log' on your profile page where all your messages, tags and mentions show up. From there you can choose to show them on your timeline.
    Hope that makes sense!

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    09-17-13 08:42 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I actually just want to share a picture I saw on my news feed to my wife. She never gets to know about them. Neither does any other of my friends. That tagging is pretty useless as it does not seem to work. Or what does the tagging actually do?

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 08:52 PM
    Tagging connect a persons account name to an image on which they appear (as seen in Photos > Photos of you). I am not sure you can tag a person in an image that does not belong to you, I think you need permission to do that, or the owner of the image has to approve the tag. Maybe that is the problem here?
    If the tag does 'appear' on the image, but they get no notification, check their notification settings. They may have notifications for photos/tags turned off.
    Tagging is not intended to be a way to share pictures, so no success guaranteed I think. I just noticed there is no "Share" option for FB posts on my Q10 (only for a few random posts?), so I can not give you a better answer!
    09-18-13 05:40 AM
    Well the tagging part visually works, as the name I chose gets put on there. But if I pull it up again it isn't on the picture anymore, just the ones that were already on there.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 09:07 AM
    Guess it is a permission-issue then. Maybe the app does not allow tagging yet, or maybe the photos you try to tag are not 'public' (owner has to approve tags before they appear).
    09-18-13 09:37 AM
    It must be the app, because the only time I get functionality like that is when I pull up the full browser page and do it from there. Then it works. The app is a joke.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 10:44 AM