Suddenly 3 days ago, tha facebook app stopped working. It keeps posting to check connection and retry. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it with no success. WiFi and network are fine. Any suggestions anybody?
    04-24-13 10:28 AM
    Try changing your password
    05-03-13 09:26 PM
    I'm having the same problem. Started about an hour ago. It just won't connect. Tried a restart, uninstalled, battery pull with no luck. Hoping it will just correct itself.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 01:13 AM
    Delete and do not install again, you will see big deference in your life. You'll be free. I have never seen bigger spying product like this.

Posted via BB Z10
    RJ_Motivation likes this.
    05-04-13 03:02 AM
    This has happened to me alot seems like a common problem...but it starts working again just give it some time

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 03:07 AM
    I've found the problem is caused by some of my friends posting content that the news feed part of the BB10 Facebook app cannot understand. Bad coding has left the app failing rather than handling it gracefully - hopefully that gets fixed.

It is not actually a failure to connect to the server, just a failure to understand the news feed items being returned. If you choose the menu in the app and then go to each friend in turn, you will see that friend's time line in the app, until you get to the friend with the post causing a problem.

For now I have managed to avoid the problem by going in to Facebook on the Web, and for each friend I set the settings to "Most Updates" and deselect the "Music and Videos" category. I did this a few weeks ago and have not had a problem since.

The reason the problem seems to go away by itself is that the news feed only grabs a recent time slice of info from your friends, so after a couple of days the friend's post that caused the problem is no longer in the time slice being selected and miraculously the problem appears to have fixed itself.

To adjust these settings, go to Facebook on the Web, show all friends, and beside each friend picture there is a button with a tick and the word "Friends". If you click that button you get a context menu with a Settings... option, choose that then you can select which updates you want to see.

I haven't been able to identify exactly which updates cause the error, but for me at least deselecting the music and videos category worked a charm. Good luck

Posted via CB10

[Update May 7]
    Just had the problem again, but found an easier (more focused) way to fix it. Log in to Facebook on the web, look at your news feed, and starting at the top look for posts that are different from the usual ones - in this case a friend had updated the books they have read, so simply hiding that post allowed the app on my Z10 to bypass the problem - and actually, I don't really care what books they read anyway, so no big loss for me BTW, once I had hidden the post I was given an option to hide all posts from Books, so I clicked that and hopefully that should fix that particular stream for good!
    Last edited by hfkiwi; 05-06-13 at 03:12 PM. Reason: More info
    05-04-13 03:56 AM
    Same issue here. Any fix for this?

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 05:13 AM
    Really? Look at the post I made an hour before you posted this!
    05-06-13 03:15 PM
    Thank you so much hfkiwi. My friend had updated movies they liked. I hid those and then my FB loaded on the Z10. I, too, had tried everything. Thank you so much for solving this for us.
    05-13-13 01:20 PM
    You're very welcome DNCBold9650, glad it worked for you.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 02:27 PM
    I've found the problem is caused by some of my friends posting content that the news feed part of the BB10 Facebook app cannot understand. Bad coding has left the app failing rather than handling it gracefully - hopefully that gets fixed.

It is not actually a failure to connect to the server, just a failure to understand the news feed items being returned. If you choose the menu in the app and then go to each friend in turn, you will see that friend's time line in the app, until you get to the friend with the post causing a problem.

For now I have managed to avoid the problem by going in to Facebook on the Web, and for each friend I set the settings to "Most Updates" and deselect the "Music and Videos" category. I did this a few weeks ago and have not had a problem since.

The reason the problem seems to go away by itself is that the news feed only grabs a recent time slice of info from your friends, so after a couple of days the friend's post that caused the problem is no longer in the time slice being selected and miraculously the problem appears to have fixed itself.

To adjust these settings, go to Facebook on the Web, show all friends, and beside each friend picture there is a button with a tick and the word "Friends". If you click that button you get a context menu with a Settings... option, choose that then you can select which updates you want to see.

I haven't been able to identify exactly which updates cause the error, but for me at least deselecting the music and videos category worked a charm. Good luck

Posted via CB10

[Update May 7]
    Just had the problem again, but found an easier (more focused) way to fix it. Log in to Facebook on the web, look at your news feed, and starting at the top look for posts that are different from the usual ones - in this case a friend had updated the books they have read, so simply hiding that post allowed the app on my Z10 to bypass the problem - and actually, I don't really care what books they read anyway, so no big loss for me BTW, once I had hidden the post I was given an option to hide all posts from Books, so I clicked that and hopefully that should fix that particular stream for good!
    Brilliant, thanks. I thought the update to 10.1 broke it although the failure of the news feed cam a day later. Anyway. I found a friend who posted books he'd just read....and I've never had that before from my friends. I hid the post on the Web browser Facebook news feed and now the app is pulling in the news feeds again for the bb10 app
    05-15-13 11:40 PM
    Excellent, good to hear it works

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 02:45 AM
    Any fix on stopping the app from randomly allowing itself access to files and location data? Every app I install I deny every permission and then if it doesn't work I allow them one by one until it works. If I feel I have to open up too much to the app then I don't use it. This app just randomly bypasses my sharing preferences somehow... Also, I just have notifications synced and randomly it turns message sync on...... Ill give it one more chance but if the app decides to alter any of my settings again its being deleted.....
    05-16-13 06:26 AM
    Thanks hfkiwi, my cousin had posted some videos of her daughter multiple time so clicked "hide" and the FB app is working fine again. Actually the videos did not play well on my ipad either!!
    05-26-13 11:12 AM
    All good
    05-26-13 05:26 PM
    Excellent, good to hear it works

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the fix. Works superb. No problem since I applied this.
    05-26-13 07:11 PM