Looking for some help please. I got a Z10 a few weeks ago and have been setting it up etc. One of the things that I found useful is syncing of Facebook events into the calendar.

Today I noticed that the Facebook events are no longer showing up. And previous entries have disappeared as well. I had restarted the phone as well as deleting and adding the Facebook account back using the BlackBerry default settings, but no luck in getting the entries back in the calendar so far. What's strange is I am getting all the Facebook birthday entries in the calendar though.

I had searched the forums but don't think others have encountered this. I am on an unlocked Z10 on 10.1.0.4200... anybody have an idea on how to basically integrate the FB calendar to my Z10 calendar? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 12:31 PM
    may be it takes time to sync with fb , i had the same prob , on my 9900 it worked fin after a few tries
    10-05-13 05:45 PM
    The weird thing is events were showing up previously fine, but they just kind of disappeared from the calendar by itself. The birthday reminders are coming through ok, so it is definitely pulling info from Facebook...

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 02:46 AM
    I am getting the same problem! So happy I found this thread, sucks no one has posted the answer to fixing it yet.
    I have to use the facebook app to keep myself on top of the events that are from facebook, but I can still trust my calendar to show me my friend's birthdays.
    I'm going to save this thread and post again if I find out the solution :)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Edit: One solution is to add the event ical to an email and sync that email to the phone.
    To do this (easier on your computer), go to your facebook calendar (https://www.facebook.com/events/calendar) and you should see a cog in the top right corner of the page
    like so
    Facebook events not showing up in calendar?-1.jpg
    Click on export > right click "upcoming events" > click Copy Link Location

Now that you have the data of your events calendar, you can save it into nearly any email client.

With a hotmail account, sign in to live.com (Outlook) in a web browser > click on the down arrow next to Outlook > Calendar > Import (next to +new) > Subscribe > paste the URL you copied from facebook into Calendar URL and fill out the rest of the details.

Hope this helps. This isn't the answer to making it the way it used to be, but hey, at least it's there one way or another!
    Last edited by Zac Williams; 10-07-13 at 04:35 AM.
    10-07-13 03:14 AM
    Thanks. I had done the FB export to iCal thing before, but it's the sort of the admin I'm trying to avoid, since I rarely use my laptop these days between my Z10 and PlayBook.

I might try doing the steps to insert the events to the cloud on the PlayBook and see if that works... Not ideal and would totally prefer if the calendar can work as it did in the first place!

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 07:31 AM
    I'm experiencing the same issue with my Playbook, since it's last major software update. Frustrating.
    10-26-13 10:21 PM
    There is another way to import the facebook events direct in your BB10-calendar. Start as Zac Williams described and get the calendar URL. Instead of importing the calendar into another account like google or hotmail, do as described:

- paste the calendar URL in a text document on your PC
    - open "Settings" on your Z10
    - go to "Accounts"
    - click "add account" in the menu bar on the bottom of the screen
    - select calendar (should be the lowest option)
    - type in the calendar URL you exported (manually) in the field "server adress" and give the calendar a name
    - klick "done"

The events should now appear in your calendar. Since I use a German device I am not sure if all options etc are named like I described
    01-02-14 05:45 PM
    im in the opposite situation. how do i get calendar events like bdays to stop showing up in my calendar?
    01-02-14 07:59 PM
    Actually I prefer the method of joining an event and then exporting it as an email which you can then accept into your calendar. It gives more control over events.

Once you join the event, you will see under the event image on right side "Going" and next to it a Gear Icon. Click and then export your email. It arrives and simply accept. Easy.
    01-12-14 05:26 PM
    willl this calender update if i add new friends to my fb profile ?
    02-04-14 06:57 AM
    There is another way to import the facebook events direct in your BB10-calendar. Start as Zac Williams described and get the calendar URL. Instead of importing the calendar into another account like google or hotmail, do as described:

- paste the calendar URL in a text document on your PC
    - open "Settings" on your Z10
    - go to "Accounts"
    - click "add account" in the menu bar on the bottom of the screen
    - select calendar (should be the lowest option)
    - type in the calendar URL you exported (manually) in the field "server adress" and give the calendar a name
    - klick "done"

The events should now appear in your calendar. Since I use a German device I am not sure if all options etc are named like I described
    willl this calender update if i add new friends to my fb profile ?
    02-04-14 06:58 AM
    Looks like 10.2.1 fixed the issue!

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 02:27 PM