On my 9700 with the latest Facebook app, you could go to the friends list and see who had their BBM PIN connected to Facebook, as there was the BB icon by their name.

Now, that seems to have gone away. Now, if you go into your contacts you can see your Facebook friends in your contacts and you can Invite them to BBM, however, I believe it is using their email address for their BB ID instead of whether they have their PIN set up on their Facebook account. If they use a different email than the one they used for their BB ID or if they don't have an email address tied to their Facebook account, you can't tell if they have a BlackBerry or not. So, even if they have their PIN on their Facebook account, it won't give you the option to add them to BBM unless they have their BB ID email address on their Facebook account.

This is good in one way because you can now tell if they have a PlayBook as well, but negates the fact that most people still have their PIN tied to Facebook only. I'm hoping as more people move towards the new Facebook app that this will become a moot point.
    02-25-13 09:40 PM
    Until Facebook adds a profile field where one can add their BBM PIN, I don't believe there is any other way other than utilizing email addresses. Personally, I don't connect any apps with my BBM account.
    02-25-13 10:19 PM
    There is a spot to add your BBM PIN, at least if you login to Facebook from a computer. It doesn't give you the option on your phone that I can see?

Bottom line is, if they use a different email for their Facebook than they do with their BB ID (which a lot do from what I see), then you won't be able to tell if they have a PlayBook. If they are still using an old BBM version (pre-BB ID) then it doesn't matter.
    02-26-13 01:57 PM
    On my 9700 with the latest Facebook app, you could go to the friends list and see who had their BBM PIN connected to Facebook, as there was the BB icon by their name.

Now, that seems to have gone away. Now, if you go into your contacts you can see your Facebook friends in your contacts and you can Invite them to BBM, however, I believe it is using their email address for their BB ID instead of whether they have their PIN set up on their Facebook account. If they use a different email than the one they used for their BB ID or if they don't have an email address tied to their Facebook account, you can't tell if they have a BlackBerry or not. So, even if they have their PIN on their Facebook account, it won't give you the option to add them to BBM unless they have their BB ID email address on their Facebook account.

This is good in one way because you can now tell if they have a PlayBook as well, but negates the fact that most people still have their PIN tied to Facebook only. I'm hoping as more people move towards the new Facebook app that this will become a moot point.
    You see them from within bbm now, you go to bbm/ invites/ sugested that's where you'll find people out of your contacts that have a BlackBerry and it pulls them from different sources in your contacts.

Posted via CB10
    Wilson7777 likes this.
    02-26-13 02:10 PM
    Guys I think the FB app we have on BB is a port from android, with minor integrations into BB10.. i think there will be a new app all together.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-13 02:54 PM
    The "Suggested" list is hit and miss. I can see on my "Suggested" list many people I know who no longer have a Blackberry so don't expect it to be totally accurate.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-13 02:59 PM
    I notice that too, but the Suggested list hits the ones I was missing, combined with the Contact list, you have to go into two different spots but at least I know where to go now to get to them.

Thanks!
    02-26-13 10:07 PM