- CrackBerry Abuser
- 143 Posts
Extra MMS charges on first bill - caution/warning to other Z10 users
So aside from the surpriginsly high data consumption, my Z10's first bill shocked me when I learnt that I had sent 20 picture messages.
This has meant I paid 1.5x this month than what I would normally have. I didn't send any picture messages but I think I've figured out why this happened. When you send a text and click a contact that has an email address instead of a number (for me I get Contact A (telephone) Contact A (email) for some reason - even thoguh contacts are linked) then the Z10 automatically sends the message as an EXPENSIVE! MMS/picture message.
Most phones (or at least the Galaxy S3) warn you that you are about to send a pic message when SMSing an email to stop this happening inadvertently. Z10 needs to do the same.
I'm sure i'm not the only one so a heads up to everyone else before they incur unexpected charges like I did.
- 03-17-13, 03:13 PM #3
Hmm...odd. Luckily I've got unlimited SMS/MMS so this is a nonissue for me but maybe you need to go into setting and set email as default. I wouldn't know as I don't have a Z10 yet lol
- By TheMiz in forum Other US CarriersReplies: 2Last Post: 07-08-09, 06:05 PM
- By hubad4u in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 1Last Post: 02-18-09, 11:36 PM
- By LeeJuly4 in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 02-17-09, 03:52 PM
- By OHCop in forum Verizon WirelessReplies: 12Last Post: 10-07-08, 08:54 AM
- By olimar in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 11Last Post: 06-14-08, 11:09 AM