Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Extra MMS charges on first bill - caution/warning to other Z10 users

So aside from the surpriginsly high data consumption, my Z10's first bill shocked me when I learnt that I had sent 20 picture messages.

This has meant I paid 1.5x this month than what I would normally have. I didn't send any picture messages but I think I've figured out why this happened. When you send a text and click a contact that has an email address instead of a number (for me I get Contact A (telephone) Contact A (email) for some reason - even thoguh contacts are linked) then the Z10 automatically sends the message as an EXPENSIVE! MMS/picture message.

Most phones (or at least the Galaxy S3) warn you that you are about to send a pic message when SMSing an email to stop this happening inadvertently. Z10 needs to do the same.

I'm sure i'm not the only one so a heads up to everyone else before they incur unexpected charges like I did.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    374 Global Posts

That would explain the 40p charge I got for sending a picture message last month. Thanks for the heads up.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,937 Global Posts
    PIN
    Feel free to ask me my PIN via PM

Hmm...odd. Luckily I've got unlimited SMS/MMS so this is a nonissue for me but maybe you need to go into setting and set email as default. I wouldn't know as I don't have a Z10 yet lol
    My goal here is to help out and provide knowledge! Feel free to shoot me a PM

If you like my posts, you should visit the site where I write at gadgetnerdly.com
    If not, you should visit it anyway