CJH, I doubt it. If some really have defects, then its probably by manufacturing batch. Colour is just the plastic. But this is my best guess.

mine is white
    i charged my z10 to 100% today until the charging icon disappeared and restarted it today at 1pm
    It stayed on from 1pm to 9pm (8hrs) with the screen on for probably around 6 hours total (continuous bbm, text, email, browsing, trying out apps, sideloading, trying out games, deleting sideloaded apps that constantly crash lol...) and was down to 5% (even had about 1hr of calls in there)

this was on LTE (brightness down to about 20% on the bar, no gps/bluetooth/wifi/NFC) with 1 Gmail IMAP account syncing contacts/email/calendar every 15-30 min
    LTE gets 3 bars on average at my place
    Wow thats pretty hxc. Though for me I can't take the screen being that low... I want it vibrant.
    02-21-13 04:31 AM
    mine is white
    i charged my z10 to 100% today until the charging icon disappeared and restarted it today at 1pm
    It stayed on from 1pm to 9pm (8hrs) with the screen on for probably around 6 hours total (continuous bbm, text, email, browsing, trying out apps, sideloading, trying out games, deleting sideloaded apps that constantly crash lol...) and was down to 5% (even had about 1hr of calls in there)

this was on LTE (brightness down to about 20% on the bar, no gps/bluetooth/wifi/NFC) with 1 Gmail IMAP account syncing contacts/email/calendar every 15-30 min
    LTE gets 3 bars on average at my place
    I've never looked into sideloading but doesn't that require you to have the phone connected to the computer with a USB cable ... hence charging??
    02-21-13 04:58 AM
    It's cool some of you are finding this helps.

I do also agree with those above, its probably a radio thing. I think the radio could be further optimized, as it seems to consume more power than the screen. I mean that separate from phone calls too. I'll have a screen shot in a day.. I mean I have excellent coverage from Koodo with either LTE or HSPA but not the stellar battery performance I have read in other threads
    You have HSPA on Koodo? I have gone through 3 phones now and none of them go to HSPA on Koodo, only 4GLTE (spotty) and 3G. I called them to complain and they told me it's a firmware issue - slated for a maintenance release at some point. I'm in the Montreal area. Where are you located that you get HSPA? I have never seen HSPA on any of my Z10's...not once.
    02-21-13 07:05 AM
    Funnily enough one of the best boosts to my battery life was turning off Bluetooth. I'm wondering if it doesn't keep scanning for new devices when on.
    Quite normal - Bluetooth is a battery hog and probably the most so of any of the radio on any device, including the mobile network on 4GLTE. Bluetooth makes them all look energy star - LOL
    02-21-13 07:07 AM
    I've never looked into sideloading but doesn't that require you to have the phone connected to the computer with a USB cable ... hence charging??
    Yes. That meant at some point he most likely connected his phone to the computer (where it was charged).

8 hours battery life with pretty average use (the occasional BBM and browsing and SMS isn't really HEAVY use), screen brightness set very low and decent signal strength from a full charge is not very impressive, especially if you factor in the occasional charge from sideload operations.

Blackberry blew it again with an 1800 mah battery in 2013. Shame such an important aspect of the phone was glossed over in the CB reviews.
    02-21-13 08:44 AM
    CJH, I doubt it. If some really have defects, then its probably by manufacturing batch. Colour is just the plastic. But this is my best guess.

Wow thats pretty hxc. Though for me I can't take the screen being that low... I want it vibrant.
    I know colour is irrelevant but there could be a bad batch of Z10's that happen to be white.
    My screen is set to the lowest setting due to my eyesight, that's vibrant enough.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 09:31 AM
    Download BatteryInfo from Toysoft if you're worried about battery life - it's accurate.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 09:33 AM
    Mine's black. Z10 model STL100-3 s/n 0616-4947-5957. OS 10.0.9.2372. 6hrs on standby.
    02-21-13 12:39 PM
    Yes. That meant at some point he most likely connected his phone to the computer (where it was charged).

8 hours battery life with pretty average use (the occasional BBM and browsing and SMS isn't really HEAVY use), screen brightness set very low and decent signal strength from a full charge is not very impressive, especially if you factor in the occasional charge from sideload operations.

Blackberry blew it again with an 1800 mah battery in 2013. Shame such an important aspect of the phone was glossed over in the CB reviews.
    Ok I realized this after reading. It was connected to my laptop for about 5 min. 10 max. I was browsing for pretty much 6 hrs straight and you tubing etc which is not heavy use like gaming I know

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 01:13 PM
    Quite normal - Bluetooth is a battery hog and probably the most so of any of the radio on any device, including the mobile network on 4GLTE. Bluetooth makes them all look energy star - LOL
    Some devices I've had in the past there were settings in Bluetooth that allowed you to pair, and would search available devices for a 2 min window but wouldn't keep scanning for new connections. I know in the past Bluetooth has never been a battery monster for me. Seems this iteration of it is though.
    02-21-13 09:52 PM
    After turning off the allow gestures as suggested for the last week, I've noticed an improvement in my battery life when the phone is not charging and idle overnight.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 09:03 AM
    yeah, i've just turned off the "allow gestures" feature and i hope i can have better battery life. that feature is awesome actually, i showed that to all my iFriends and Droidudes as they can't do that on their devices, waking up your phone by swiping the bezel, how cool is that? but i realise, this feature might be one of the things which causes the battery to drain.

i've done everything to search for the updated .10.672 (or .690) software but seems i need a CA simcard (which is currently on its way yay!! thanks to eBay) to get the update OTA, so in the meantime i'll hang on to the "old school" way of waking up my z10: pressing the lock button before swiping.

#bb10believe!
    03-05-13 03:31 PM
    I found that using the holster helped a lot with battery life. It puts the device to sleep and gives you hours of life extra. Maybe that is what the swipe no swipe feature helps with? With active swipe, you are accidentally waking the z10 up from sleep mode when not using it. In the holster, it puts it to sleep.
    The holster has to be one with a magnet to put the device to sleep
    04-09-13 06:37 AM
    Thank you for this. It is pathetic the battery life of the Z10. I actually like the phone, I cannot live with the barely 5 hours of battery life though! I hope this works!
    09-11-13 06:14 PM
64 123