Hello,

I'm upgrading a user from a z10 and we'd like to save his SMS messages. Previously I was able to use a variety of different tools to extract from the ipd or bbb backups, but indications seem that this can't be done on bbb files made in blackberry link.

Is there any easy way to get SMS files into an excel sheet or something?
    01-29-14 11:25 AM
    Hello,

I'm upgrading a user from a z10 and we'd like to save his SMS messages. Previously I was able to use a variety of different tools to extract from the ipd or bbb backups, but indications seem that this can't be done on bbb files made in blackberry link.

Is there any easy way to get SMS files into an excel sheet or something?
    There is an App (or Apps) in BlackBerry World for Backing up your SMS messages. Have not seen a desktop tool, but if an app can access the info I don't know why a tool couldn't.
    01-29-14 11:43 AM
    frustrating. I used to archive SMS messages for legal purposes quite frequently, having to do it on-device is inconvenient. I wonder what kind of tricks RIM is going to pull next, maybe remove email functionality and try to convince everyone to use BBM?
    01-30-14 08:26 AM
    Are you trying to extract the SMS messages from a z10 backup? If so, the backups are now encrypted so you won't be able extract them. If you're trying to extract them from an older format .BBB file (or .IPD) then we offer a product called phoneMiner that does exactly that.
    03-26-14 08:31 AM