Blackberry Passport SQW100-1 (probably quite early?), fully up-to-date 10.3.2.2836.
    Workplace-supplied phone.
    Running Exchange ActiveSync flawlessy: great (or perfectly acceptable) interface for all of email, calendar, contacts; any new event, change or deletion instantly duplicated on PC Outlook whether initiated on the phone or PC.
    Recently workplace instituted the Exchange ActiveSync security policy, for added security in case phone gets lost, mislaid or merely picked up and played with by not-me. Magically the device acquired a password (fine by me, though by choice not applied previously) and, once switched on and running (I) email inaccessible [forgotten message displayed, sorry], (ii) contacts hugely diminished though not vanished altogether [not quite sure what rule was applied here], and (iii) calendar affected [though by this time I was in a frenzy, and I do not know the nature or extent of the prohibits].
    Apple users and Samsung users had the device password applied, but once in, all of their email, contacts lists and calendar events were unaffected. The policy has been lifted until those of us on BlackBerrys can find out whatever is necessary to be able to access our accounts as easily (i.e. invisibly).
    I'm guessing that by altering a few settings under Accounts, I can retrieve all of these and therefore carry on as required when the policy is again re-applied.
    Can anybody share their knowledge or experience of these settings?
    Thank you!
    03-17-16 11:33 AM