Is the keyboard that much better than SwitfKey? Seems almost the same, except that you flick instead of select (press) the word you want. I just want to know that this is either equal to SwiftKey or better.
    02-05-13 02:37 PM
    This is something I have been wondering as well. Many people don't realize that this is based on swiftkey's keyboard. The differences as I understand them are 1) location of word suggestions, which I think is likely better and 2) the keyboard layout and spacing (hope its better too). 3) three simutaneous languages supported. I believe though I could be wrong, that the rest is the same. Anyone?
    02-05-13 03:02 PM
    Yes it is better, there is no swype though. I think there was on the development devices?
    xweb10 likes this.
    02-05-13 03:05 PM
    I use Adaptxt on my S2, and prefer the keyboard and software on the Z10 much more.
    M.Rizk and xweb10 like this.
    02-05-13 03:17 PM
    From my point of view, I think the BB10 keyboard is better than SwiftKey, although SwiftKey is a fine keyboard too. The reason for that is that on BB10 if you are a slow typer, or are typing one handed, having the words appear on the next letter you were going to press anyway feels better. You are looking for the next letter, and then you can swipe the word up, or keep going; it feels natural to use the suggestions. On swiftkey, you have to hit a letter then see if the suggestion is there, then the next and so on.

On the other hand, when you are two-thumb typing without swiping words, the spacebar auto-correct on BB10 is really really good and lets you go FAST. The only times that it hasn't given me the right word is when I'm trying to put in proper nouns that aren't in it's vocabulary (weird place names and fictional characters for example) but everything else has been bang on, both for typos and for misspelling. If you are a fast typer on a touch device, you can just go nuts on the BB10 keyboard, just punch it in as fast as you can and don't worry about accuracy and it'll put down what you were trying to say.

If you are used to swiftkey, then BB10 will feel really good to you for sure. A little different, and will take time to get used to, but it does feel good. Either one handing with suggested words, or two-handed with auto correct, you won't be disappointed.
    xweb10 likes this.
    02-05-13 03:18 PM