Samsung UNPACKED - Trailer - YouTube

Everybody complained about how bad of a commercial the z10 keep moving commercials were, that they didn't show the phone enough�. but what is the difference here? This commercial shows nothing�.. no glimpse of a phone at all
    02-22-14 10:57 AM
    It's the majority issue. The teacher will check on the kid that doesn't do his homework much more than the kid who always does. It creates a kind of immunity against all minor lapses in judgement. I do agree that it is an outrage, just like.. almost anything techwise if a person pays attention such as you do, I hope.
    02-22-14 11:17 AM
    Seems most of the best commercials show nothing basically. Unless your phone does something amazing the others don't most people know what all phones can do. Part of the issue is no one knows BBRY has changed anything, like using a totally new and different OS, so they think battery pulls, spinning clock, freezing, slow no matter what the phone does. The keep moving commercials were worthless along with tools not toys. Who cares how many emails some cupcake person goes thru a day.

BTW they won't be making any commercials targeted toward consumers as they gave up on them for now. Why do people think they will still advertise to them?
    02-22-14 11:28 AM
    Samsung is making profits (aligned with revenue, expenses and R&D) hand over fist!

BlackBerry can do this sort of thing when they too are as successful ... until then they gotta shape up ... deliver the promise of the brand, the products, the services effectively, concisely and powerfully!

There is one that does this quite well on youtube.
    BlackBerry Keep Business Moving

02-22-14 11:29 AM
    Samsung UNPACKED - Trailer - YouTube

Everybody complained about how bad of a commercial the z10 keep moving commercials were, that they didn't show the phone enough�. but what is the difference here? This commercial shows nothing�.. no glimpse of a phone at all
    The difference is that Samsung is successful & isn't trying to launch a brand new OS. People already know what their phones can do. Android has the highest global share of smartphones. Period. They're in a completely different place compared to BlackBerry.

Keith H. Posted by CB10 from my Z10.
    ihys likes this.
    02-22-14 11:31 AM
    It's also a teaser not really a real commercial.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 12:02 PM
    The difference is that Samsung is successful & isn't trying to launch a brand new OS. People already know what their phones can do. Android has the highest global share of smartphones. Period. They're in a completely different place compared to BlackBerry.

Keith H. Posted by CB10 from my Z10.
    This right here folks. No one knows what bb10 is, so the commercials they had most people probably assumed it was legacy devices

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 01:49 PM
    Seems most of the best commercials show nothing basically. Unless your phone does something amazing the others don't most people know what all phones can do. Part of the issue is no one knows BBRY has changed anything, like using a totally new and different OS, so they think battery pulls, spinning clock, freezing, slow no matter what the phone does. The keep moving commercials were worthless along with tools not toys. Who cares how many emails some cupcake person goes thru a day.

BTW they won't be making any commercials targeted toward consumers as they gave up on them for now. Why do people think they will still advertise to them?
    That's pretty funny but cupcakes are the new, well, something less than satisfying.

As for consumers - can't they advertise those very GROWN UP, CORPORATE Stickers they now have in bbm. Stickers!??? I'm still aghast!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-22-14 06:09 PM
    The fact that I saw them about once a month in a big market like the US is why people are mad at the marketing. Not enough marketing was done in the US.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 06:14 PM
    It could be worse. Sure, Samsung and Apple have enough entrenched market share and mind share to run a vague ad and get people to watch it. BB, on the other hand, has to break the shackles of legacy and show off BB10. A quick 30 seconds showing off some features, is that too much work?

However, if Samsung runs an ad/event that shows off the phone, we get... well, this:

That, or that trainwreck Galaxy S4 event over in North America.
    02-22-14 06:17 PM
    It could be worse. Sure, Samsung and Apple have enough entrenched market share and mind share to run a vague ad and get people to watch it. BB, on the other hand, has to break the shackles of legacy and show off BB10. A quick 30 seconds showing off some features, is that too much work?

However, if Samsung runs an ad/event that shows off the phone, we get... well, this:

That, or that trainwreck Galaxy S4 event over in North America.
    Holy shiiiiiiiit i didn't think my day could get any better.. but this right here… just made my week…hahahahaahah
    02-23-14 11:58 AM
    Holy shiiiiiiiit i didn't think my day could get any better.. but this right here… just made my week…hahahahaahah
    It's like a car accident; no matter how hard you try, you can't look away.
    02-23-14 12:57 PM
    There is one that does this quite well on youtube.
    BlackBerry Keep Business Moving

That commercial makes me think "What a bunch of totalitarian little eco-freak twerps, trying to cram citizens into THEIR controlled, restricted, regulated version of life."

People like those in this commercial are who screwed up Portland, OR.
    If I didn't have a BlackBerry, this would certainly not get me to buy one.
    02-23-14 01:08 PM
    ...to me, this is proper marketing! They will now sit back and watch how many hits they get on their websites, Google search, etc. You know what people are like, "they want what they can't have", and since this doesn't show the said device, people will go and look for it.

Yep, proper marketing; less is more
    02-23-14 02:21 PM