Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By kthhrrsn
  • 1 Post By F2
  1. adjdudley21's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    873 Posts
    PIN
    280BF90E
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Everyone was mad with BB marketing but whats the difference??

    Samsung UNPACKED - Trailer - YouTube

    Everybody complained about how bad of a commercial the z10 keep moving commercials were, that they didn't show the phone enough…. but what is the difference here? This commercial shows nothing….. no glimpse of a phone at all
    Bbm Pin: 7AED7877

    Channel Pins: C0007F37C, C0005A98D
  2. mEntal8y's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    178 Posts
    #2  

    Default

    It's the majority issue. The teacher will check on the kid that doesn't do his homework much more than the kid who always does. It creates a kind of immunity against all minor lapses in judgement. I do agree that it is an outrage, just like.. almost anything techwise if a person pays attention such as you do, I hope.
  3. kbz1960's Avatar
    Doesn't Matter

    Posts
    70,475 Posts
    Global Posts
    70,630 Global Posts
    #3  

    Default

    Seems most of the best commercials show nothing basically. Unless your phone does something amazing the others don't most people know what all phones can do. Part of the issue is no one knows BBRY has changed anything, like using a totally new and different OS, so they think battery pulls, spinning clock, freezing, slow no matter what the phone does. The keep moving commercials were worthless along with tools not toys. Who cares how many emails some cupcake person goes thru a day.

    BTW they won't be making any commercials targeted toward consumers as they gave up on them for now. Why do people think they will still advertise to them?
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    Posted from my phone or pc or tablet that are no better than anyone else's
    Woopie Doopie we have em fun
  4. Supa_Fly1's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,866 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    Samsung is making profits (aligned with revenue, expenses and R&D) hand over fist!

    BlackBerry can do this sort of thing when they too are as successful ... until then they gotta shape up ... deliver the promise of the brand, the products, the services effectively, concisely and powerfully!

    There is one that does this quite well on youtube.
    BlackBerry Keep Business Moving

  5. kthhrrsn's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,000 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,001 Global Posts
    PIN
    2BB03E36
    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adjdudley21 View Post
    Samsung UNPACKED - Trailer - YouTube

    Everybody complained about how bad of a commercial the z10 keep moving commercials were, that they didn't show the phone enough…. but what is the difference here? This commercial shows nothing….. no glimpse of a phone at all
    The difference is that Samsung is successful & isn't trying to launch a brand new OS. People already know what their phones can do. Android has the highest global share of smartphones. Period. They're in a completely different place compared to BlackBerry.

    Keith H. Posted by CB10 from my Z10.
    Keith. I BLACKBERRY! My devices: Passport, Playbook16GB & 32GB, Z30, Z10, 9930 - Bold, 9550 - Storm2, 9530 - Storm, 8310 - Curve, 8100 - Pearl, 8700, 7230, 7100 PIN:2BD8C79E
    ihys likes this.
  6. Xadion's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    153 Posts
    Global Posts
    421 Global Posts
    #6  

    Default

    It's also a teaser not really a real commercial.

    Posted via CB10
  7. ihys's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    322 Posts
    #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kthhrrsn View Post
    The difference is that Samsung is successful & isn't trying to launch a brand new OS. People already know what their phones can do. Android has the highest global share of smartphones. Period. They're in a completely different place compared to BlackBerry.

    Keith H. Posted by CB10 from my Z10.
    This right here folks. No one knows what bb10 is, so the commercials they had most people probably assumed it was legacy devices

    Posted via CB10
  8. #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kbz1960 View Post
    Seems most of the best commercials show nothing basically. Unless your phone does something amazing the others don't most people know what all phones can do. Part of the issue is no one knows BBRY has changed anything, like using a totally new and different OS, so they think battery pulls, spinning clock, freezing, slow no matter what the phone does. The keep moving commercials were worthless along with tools not toys. Who cares how many emails some cupcake person goes thru a day.

    BTW they won't be making any commercials targeted toward consumers as they gave up on them for now. Why do people think they will still advertise to them?
    That's pretty funny but cupcakes are the new, well, something less than satisfying.

    As for consumers - can't they advertise those very GROWN UP, CORPORATE Stickers they now have in bbm. Stickers!??? I'm still aghast!
    kbz1960 likes this.
  9. Tater Tots's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    903 Posts
    Global Posts
    925 Global Posts
    #9  

    Default

    The fact that I saw them about once a month in a big market like the US is why people are mad at the marketing. Not enough marketing was done in the US.

    Posted via CB10
  10. thurask's Avatar

    Posts
    8,258 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,328 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask and ye might receive
    #10  

    Default

    It could be worse. Sure, Samsung and Apple have enough entrenched market share and mind share to run a vague ad and get people to watch it. BB, on the other hand, has to break the shackles of legacy and show off BB10. A quick 30 seconds showing off some features, is that too much work?

    However, if Samsung runs an ad/event that shows off the phone, we get... well, this:



    That, or that trainwreck Galaxy S4 event over in North America.
    Rock over London, rock on Chicago. Passport. Work wide.
  11. adjdudley21's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    873 Posts
    PIN
    280BF90E
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thurask View Post
    It could be worse. Sure, Samsung and Apple have enough entrenched market share and mind share to run a vague ad and get people to watch it. BB, on the other hand, has to break the shackles of legacy and show off BB10. A quick 30 seconds showing off some features, is that too much work?

    However, if Samsung runs an ad/event that shows off the phone, we get... well, this:



    That, or that trainwreck Galaxy S4 event over in North America.
    Holy shiiiiiiiit i didn't think my day could get any better.. but this right here… just made my week…hahahahaahah
    Bbm Pin: 7AED7877

    Channel Pins: C0007F37C, C0005A98D
  12. thurask's Avatar

    Posts
    8,258 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,328 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask and ye might receive
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adjdudley21 View Post
    Holy shiiiiiiiit i didn't think my day could get any better.. but this right here… just made my week…hahahahaahah
    It's like a car accident; no matter how hard you try, you can't look away.
    Rock over London, rock on Chicago. Passport. Work wide.
  13. Jim Wolfson's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    96 Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Supa_Fly1 View Post
    There is one that does this quite well on youtube.
    BlackBerry Keep Business Moving

    That commercial makes me think "What a bunch of totalitarian little eco-freak twerps, trying to cram citizens into THEIR controlled, restricted, regulated version of life."

    People like those in this commercial are who screwed up Portland, OR.
    If I didn't have a BlackBerry, this would certainly not get me to buy one.
  14. naviwilliams's Avatar
    Distinguished

    Posts
    12,770 Posts
    Global Posts
    15,421 Global Posts
    PIN
    Pin Point Accuracy
    #14  

    Default

    ...to me, this is proper marketing! They will now sit back and watch how many hits they get on their websites, Google search, etc. You know what people are like, "they want what they can't have", and since this doesn't show the said device, people will go and look for it.

    Yep, proper marketing; less is more
    Instagram: @naviwilliamsinc
    Twitter: @naviwilliams

Similar Threads

  1. Should i get the BlackBerry Bold 9900
    By ordnaela in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-27-2014, 04:06 PM
  2. Recommend Me The Most Reliable Led App
    By LatinoLoco24 in forum BlackBerry 10 Apps
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-23-2014, 10:10 AM
  3. I've had enough! Time to take off the gloves.
    By rzanger in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 183
    Last Post: 02-23-2014, 12:44 AM
  4. So I think I might upgrade and go from the Z10 to Z30...
    By SofaKingBored in forum BlackBerry Z30
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-22-2014, 06:27 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-22-2014, 11:46 AM

Posting Permissions