Even if blackberry goes under, gets sold, divided, what have you, your z10 will still function the same as it does now.

And the only person that will end up giving a **** is you. No one with an Android or with an iPhone is going to ridicule you, no one is going to make you feel less important, no one is going to ruin your reputation.

It's a phone, and I'm fairly certain worst comes to worst, tour z10 will be perfectly capable of filling that role.

Everyone wants to talk about how great the z10 is and how it's the most amazing technological achievement since we put a man on the moon.

So just because they may stop funding possible inhabitation on said moon, doesn't make the first trip any less significant.

My point is, the phone is just as great regardless of what happens to the company. And I'm sick of people thinking that somehow these rumors about blackberry make the phone any less great.

I'm going down with the ship myself, or shuttle if you prefer for a more accurate analogy.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 09:07 AM
    Funny that the same people, that are anxious about the low risk of a complete crash, do drive cars, or walk in public, or smoke cigars and cigarettes, which all has a pretty high risk for your health.
    09-05-13 09:09 AM
    Go BlackBerry Go sink will and merge with Samsung Or Rogers.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 09:14 AM
    Go BlackBerry Go sink will and merge with Samsung Or Rogers.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry is going to merge with Rogers??? Now that's a new one.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    09-05-13 09:18 AM

Why not Rogers is Huge think of the potential rogers would have in owning BlackBerry a phone service exclusive to Rogers.

Deals, Deals come on Rogers.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 09:41 AM
    My only concern is the continual development of OS's for the Z10.

Posted via CB10 Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1443
    09-05-13 09:44 AM
    The other thing worrying is we will not be getting software updates as the os still needs to get stable . I feel 10.2 will be the last update .
    09-05-13 09:45 AM
    The other thing worrying is we will not be getting software updates as the os still needs to get stable . I feel 10.2 will be the last update .
    Wouldn't that be ironic...

BlackBerry OS 10 last updated to 10.2
    BlackBerry Tablet OS last updated to 2.1

Maybe two is the pivot point beyond which BlackBerry simply cannot continue. They've cooked their own goose but "don't worry everybody" because the Great Bavarian Saviour walks away with a bag of loot and a bonus bag if he is fired.
    09-05-13 10:01 AM
    I am not even sure if blackberry push email will continue to work

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 03:02 PM
    I am not even sure if blackberry push email will continue to work

Posted via CB10
    As mentioned in the original post: calm down - your device will still work and the services won't stop working overnight. Push mail you refer to is BIS mail, I assume, because I'm getting push mail on my Z10 but its not BIS connected and it will continue to work just like the mail on iPhone or Samsung.
    09-05-13 03:13 PM
    Iphone and Samsung have native Gmail apps and those who don't like microsoft have to beg Google to extend Carl dev support so push dosent stop working on their phones.

I also consider 10.2 to be the final update

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 03:23 PM
    Even if blackberry goes under, gets sold, divided, what have you, your z10 will still function the same as it does now.
    I see.

So the potential loss of:
    BBM
    BlackBerry World
    BBOS Updates
    BlackBerry Link Updates

Means a device that continues to function as it does now?
    09-05-13 03:30 PM
    The point of a "strategic alternative" is to make things better, not worse. They are looking for ways to get the company out of the box they're in. The BoD may have fumbled the ball a few times, but I don't think they are out and out stupid.
    09-05-13 03:43 PM
    The future looks very bright for Thorsten Heins and Stephen Elop.
    Just needs to be in the right place at the right time, and course kowning the right people, life is fun.

How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!
    09-05-13 04:50 PM
    The handset business won't be going away anytime soon. I can see the Hardware going away solely by Blackberry. The strategic partner would be a handset maker / computer vendor. This would leave Blackberry to focus on the software and get the spot light off their arse.
    09-05-13 05:03 PM

CRTC would have a thing or two to say about that one..
    09-05-13 05:04 PM

And the only person that will end up giving a **** is you. No one with an Android or with an iPhone is going to ridicule you, no one is going to make you feel less important, no one is going to ruin your reputation.

It's a phone, and I'm fairly certain worst comes to worst, tour z10 will be perfectly capable of filling that role.

Everyone wants to talk about how great the z10 is and how it's the most amazing technological achievement since we put a man on the moon.

So just because they may stop funding possible inhabitation on said moon, doesn't make the first trip any less significant.

My point is, the phone is just as great regardless of what happens to the company. And I'm sick of people thinking that somehow these rumors about blackberry make the phone any less great.

I'm going down with the ship myself, or shuttle if you prefer for a more accurate analogy.

Posted via CB10
    +1000. Well said.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 05:34 PM
    I agree I have been reading people's post on here and I get that it can be a little scary not knowing what will be come of BlackBerry. That being said I feel that people need to take a breath and look at this logically, assuming the worst and BlackBerry sells in November does not mean that the day after the sale all our phones are just going to stop working. Even if they say they will no longer be making BlackBerrys our devices will still work. I also believe that BlackBerry mostlikely will still be pushing out the OS updates until the very end.

No one can see the future so we do not know what this sale/partnership may look like. While I do believe we should prepare for the worst it is not helpful to out right panic

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 06:32 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm with you on this! I'm tired of all the negativity on this situation. When I decided to continue with BlackBerry and purchased my Z10 I was well aware of the challenges they were facing. I understood and accepted the possible outcomes. I am still hopeful that everything will work out one way or another, but if it doesn't, I still love my Z10.
    I'm just going to relax and enjoy the ride. If we come out of it, awesome. If not, it will be a hell of a ride!

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 06:42 PM
    The only thing I do worry about is when it comes time to upgrade there might not be a BlackBerry choice.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 06:44 PM
    Wait. Something is happening to Blackberry?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using CB Forums mobile app
    09-05-13 06:48 PM
    Why not Rogers is Huge think of the potential rogers would have in owning BlackBerry a phone service exclusive to Rogers.

Deals, Deals come on Rogers.

Posted via CB10
    I worked for Rogers, innovation died with Ted, if BlackBerry was a sports team they would have considered it

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 07:13 PM