Most people that see my Z10 don't know what it is and are immediately impressed. I got a "What iPhone is that?" today....and a "Whoa sweet device"

The app gap is WAY over stated. I'm shocked how good some of the mobile sites are which function every bit as good as their app equivilant.
    does spotify have a mobile app?
    04-23-13 10:31 AM
    I let people give it a whirl. People often see that I got it and will be like how is it. And they are genuinely asking and they are usually impressed and give consideration to switch over or back.

For others if they make some remark about how blackberry suck ill say based on what. And they always say my old blackberry and I cut them off and say that's you old blackberry this is new blackberry totally different.

I usually ask ppl why they like their phone, in usually the iPhone ppl who can't figure out why. But I tell ppl love to text this is phone for them, of communication is key this is the phone. I start out with this is everything you loved about BlackBerry and none of the stuff you hated plus new stuff you never had.

When I say the phone is great I get remarks like "Oh for now, it will slow Down like BlackBerry always Does"
    But mostly I get positive feedback. I'm honest about the phone though I won't lie to them about. I tell them it's limitation. Mostly apps but sell things like the time shift camera and the keyboard

Posted via CB10
    jackwaldon likes this.
    04-23-13 10:42 AM
    Well, I've converted about six to 8 people to get one, until now. My bbm contacts list has grown by 8.
    Now, according to my experience, if someone has an iPhone, it's very easy to convince them to get the Z10, just don't tell them about the app gap..... Which is in fact very real, people here trying to downplay it are just B.S'ing. And BTW, if they could release the freaking Skype yesterday, I would have a few pesky little monkeys off my back...

Android on the other hand, is very dynamic platform. Very hard to convert those guys in my experience. I find good looks of a phone is a vulnerability for that folk...

So, IMHO, Android is what BBRY needs to keep up with in terms of innovation.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 10:54 AM
    Every phone brand has the same type of backing look at these forums then check out imore wpcentral and android central people take their phones too seriously it's not like the company really cares about the user, you really are just a number and a profit source to them.
    04-23-13 11:04 AM
    And mobile site work good to replace certain apps but lets say you had to run every piece of software on your computer from a website it would just make life that much harder, wish that statement of mobile sites would stop we need apps whether its games business banking navi app what ever the case apps are needed.
    04-23-13 11:07 AM
    No I let the product sell itself
    04-23-13 11:19 AM
    I'm enthusiastic, but careful. People are entitled to choose what they want.

I was traveling last week, though, and happened to be in Walmart looking for a car adapter (I'd forgotten mine). They had the BlackBerry OEM one, as well as an excellent display of Z10 accessories.

There was a young-ish couple at the mobile counter, and the husband was asking the clerk about the Z10s. The clerk was beginning to hit a wall, so I happily took mine out for a quick demo. I'd like to think that just seeing there is real enthusiasm out there is reassuring to potential customers.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 11:23 AM
    Yes! All the time. Folks are asking me about,...my "Blackberry" phone! I then go into a quick spill about "Peek and Flow",...navigating without buttons, etc. Copying, Pasting,...Voice Dialing,...etc,..etc.
    04-23-13 11:34 AM
    I don't even have the Z10 yet, but I've also taught some phone reps how to use Z10 and they were amazed and jokingly said I was hired! Really there are so many devices out there, I don't know how they can possibly learn all of them, but it would be nice if they did. Ps. I learned how to use Z10 watching YouTube and trying the demo at the stores. My Z10 should be arriving in the mail any day now.
    04-23-13 01:02 PM
    I can't tell you how many see me with mine and comment on it. I've even had "I'm tired of my I phone and want a BB. How is it?"

BlackBerry is big in the UK I've found in meeting random fellow BlackBerry users in airports

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 04:59 PM
    It's not my job to sell or push the phone on others. But if they ask, I'll show them what it can do, and tell them what I like and dislike about it.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 05:07 PM
    Haha. My wife said the same thing as did my sister!

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 07:41 PM
    I sell propane and propane accessories only

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 07:44 PM
    I almost died the other day. My surgeon who saved my life noticed my Z10 as he released me from recovery. I convinced him to get one lol

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 07:48 PM
    The toughest thing is to convince a former BlackBerry user why they should switch back again. Most long time apple users seem a bit intrigued by my z10, but the apple in them won't show too much envy. Truthfully, in my opinion, iphone users have a certain mindset that makes it hard to want to leave apple. I had the same thought. I needed a total phone defrag. But after a week using the z10, I soon forgot about iTunes and the whole app ecosystem.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 08:20 PM
    Sometimes I do. I know I did my (inadvertent) part to sell the PlayBook to people when it came out, so this is probably the continuation.
    04-28-13 09:10 PM
    I have sold 2 Z10s that I know of. I always show its best features to anyone interested. All good, I want BlackBerry to succeed and bb10 to grow. I want to help if I can.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 09:13 PM
    I try and sell as best I can when I get interest in it. The toughest question seems to be "so does it have this app or that app". Although the app situation is seeing improvement.

I also have been asked how I like it and I reply with "its the best phone I've ever used!" The reply I got was "Oh but you have always had blackberrys. "

I've also been told "Oh, looks like the new BlackBerry is pretty much an iPhone now".

I have convinced both my parents to get the q10 when it comes out though.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 10:19 PM
68 123