So I had a power issue on my first Z10. Couldn't get it to last past six or seven hours on moderate use. Rogers sent me a replacement, and the battery is much better. But there is a problem. On the replacement device I can't get Active Sync set up for my Gmail (Email/Calendar.) I get the following error:

Service for account (email address) is not available. Access should be available soon. (Error code: 403)

The weird thing is when I go back to my first Z10, which I still have, it works fine. I've tried reinstalling the OS and wiping it twice on the new device and I still get the error. When I called Rogers about it they said they do not have a fix for it and suggested a third party to troubleshoot my problem but they would charge me a fee. I have looked online and can't seem to figure out what this problem is. I have found this error message related to Lotus Notes on BlackBerry's website but I'm not doing anything like that.

So help! I have a phone that has improved battery but the Active Sync won't work. Does anyone know why this is happening and how to remedy it? I can't understand why it works on one Z10 and not the other. I've entered the exact same settings.

EuroPolska00
    03-05-13 08:08 AM
    I have the same issue. I can't get active sync for gmail working on the Z10 but it works fine on my PlayBooks. Doesn't matter if I use the same settings, it just wont work.

Oddly enough, there doesn't seem to be any posts about what settings should be included either for gmail activesync.

So, for those that have it working, could you indicate how you populated the fields?

• Description: (This shouldn't matter)
    • Domain: ??
    • Username: (your full gmail email address)
    • Email Address: (your full gmail email address)
    • Password: (obviously your gmail password)
    • Server Address: ??
    • Port: ?? (443 is pre-populated)
    • Use SSL: (Should be kept on?)
    • Use VPN: (Keep off)
    • Push: (On)
    • Sync Interval: (Only if Push is off, right?)
    • Sync Timeframe: (Up to what you want)

Cheers.
    03-05-13 08:20 AM
    Server address is "m.google.com" friend. But this works on my battery deficient Z10 not my new one. Try that in the server field, see if it works for you.
    03-05-13 08:35 AM
    Active sync will no longer work with new activations. (even if you had it set up with your old BlackBerry, it's still a new device. )Unfortunately Google has stopped supporting this for free accounts. If you have the new update for your Z10, there won't be any issues setting up your calendar via CalDav. You should just be able to login in the account section /add account / email, calendar and contacts. Put in your email and password and BlackBerry will do the rest. This way also supports multiple calendars.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-13 08:57 AM
    When I mean old BlackBerry I mean my first Z10. I have it running on my Z10 with the power issue. (It isn't the battery it is the device, I've tried changing the battery) So why does it run on one Z10 but not another one I tried setting up a week later?
    03-05-13 10:20 AM
    When I mean old BlackBerry I mean my first Z10. I have it running on my Z10 with the power issue. (It isn't the battery it is the device, I've tried changing the battery) So why does it run on one Z10 but not another one I tried setting up a week later?
    The old device was set up prior to Google turning off the switch for active sync. Unfortunately even though you are using the same account for your new device, Google still sees this as a new activation. New device, new pin = new activation. CalDav works perfectly with 2 way sync, and it also supports invites and multiple calendars. Something active sync won't do.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-13 10:51 AM
    When did they turn Active Sync off? I set up Active Sync probably Feb 14th/15th, and only got the device Feb 5th.
    03-05-13 10:58 AM
    When did they turn Active Sync off? I set up Active Sync probably Feb 14th/15th, and only got the device Feb 5th.
    It was around that time. I got my first Z10 on the 5th, set it up via active sync, and ended up exchanging it on the 14th for the white one. To my surprise, I could no longer add an active sync account with my new White Z10. All good though. CalDav works great.
    Here is a link to a thread all about this. Note, if you have the new BlackBerry 10 software, you won't have to wait the 24 hours for it to start working. http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=773786

Posted via CB10
    europolska00 likes this.
    03-05-13 11:37 AM
    I wish I had traded mine for a while one. I love the look of the front and back of the device, but hated the all white on the back. Just realized how good it would look with my new black interior and white exterior GTI Golf, d'oh!

Thank you so much for your help. You've very thoroughly helped me with my problem. Much appreciated!

EuroPolska00
    03-05-13 02:15 PM
    Thank you so much for your help. You've very thoroughly helped me with my problem. Much appreciated!

EuroPolska00
    Glad I could help. Cheers

Posted via CB10
    03-05-13 02:52 PM
    So interesting thing, I have business email hosted through Gmail and I was under the impression that active sync would continue working for paid business email hosted through Gmail.
    But to my surprise, when I just got my new Z10 (switched from White to Black) the active sync email set up didn't work............worked great on my white Z10 until I switched.
    03-18-13 06:35 PM
    Welcome to the club, I am also a paid GMAIL apps user and I can't use active sync because MS has dropped support for all new devices and no paying (free) Gmail accounts and it still sees my z10 as a new device.

I have been using the GMAIL IMAP for my Email, Calendar and Contacts and so far it's worked just fine, I just don't have an option to sync my email to the last 30 days anymore, oh well.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 07:30 PM