I love my new computer, but 8.1 has been giving me some trouble.

First I couldn't install BB Link because of Kapersky.

Now i get towards the end of the installation and I get Error 1935. I've tried erasing all the old BB Link installation files and have tried re-installing but nothing is working. Does anyone know the solution to this problem?
    05-11-14 12:52 AM
    When I googled error 1935, it said that it means you have a program running in the background that is preventing the installation. Usually this is some sort of either a virus or spyware, or it could also be anti virus or anti spyware. But some app or process is running that is preventing installations and it has targeted BB Link. Now it could be anti spyware or anti virus software and it just does not know that Link is a good program. Or it could be you have a virus, spyware, or malware on your PC that is preventing all or most installations. Are you able to install other programs ok?
    05-11-14 10:42 PM
    Thanks for the reply,

My computer is brand new, and I've been very careful so I don't have viruses yet.

I uninstalled Kapersky, the only other anti virus program is Windows Defender. I even tried to install BB Link with it disabled but that did not work either. The strange thing is that I've added very few programs and still have this issue.
    05-12-14 04:49 AM
    Thanks for the reply,

My computer is brand new, and I've been very careful so I don't have viruses yet.

I uninstalled Kapersky, the only other anti virus program is Windows Defender. I even tried to install BB Link with it disabled but that did not work either. The strange thing is that I've added very few programs and still have this issue.
    Are you able to install other programs?
    05-13-14 12:54 PM
    I have the same issues as you op. I also have Kaspersky on mine - did the same things as you and it won't install. I gave up and have it on my Win7 box that I hardly use so essentially I've never even done a back after I loaded a leak and put Snap on it.
    05-13-14 01:51 PM
    Thanks for the replies guys, I was able to download link yesterday after BlackBerry updated it on their website. Never found the solution for the old version though

Posted via CB10
    05-14-14 12:38 PM
    I have the same issues as you op. I also have Kaspersky on mine - did the same things as you and it won't install. I gave up and have it on my Win7 box that I hardly use so essentially I've never even done a back after I loaded a leak and put Snap on it.
    If you haven't tried it since the update yesterday then I would recommend giving it another go

Edit: kapersky has to be uninstalled first

Posted via CB10
    05-14-14 12:39 PM
    My Windows 7 machine started crashing recently: BB Link would crash, I would do a couple of things on the computer, then I would get the BSOD. At first I thought it was a random crash, but then upon rebooting, whenever Link would load, it would crash and then BSOD again. So I uninstalled Link and reinstalled with the latest version, but got the Error 1935 as well. After racking my brain as to why this would suddenly be a problem after many months of reliable use, I realized that the only thing different I had done recently was plug in my old iPod. I unplugged it, rebooted, and Link installed fine and has been running fine ever since. So there it is: Apple and BlackBerry cannot get along in my computer. Sorry Apple, you're outta there.
    05-19-14 06:06 PM