Engadget forgets to mention that the Average Joe which represents a majority of smartphone users today didn't know about these leaks of info about the new BB and BB10 software. my brother an average joe who thinks he is tech toy geek who has all things apple had no idea about the new BB and the launch till i showed him the vids. guess what he will be checking out the BB when its available.
    01-30-13 04:27 PM
    Yes they are. The US carriers won't be ready until March? BB should have been in constant contact with the US carriers, known when they could be ready with the devices, and held off announcing the launch event until it coincide with an IMMEDIATE release of their phone.

Stuff leaked so they had nothing new to say at today's launch? That would have been a whole lot less of a problem if they'd dotted their i's and crossed their t's with respect to above, which they didn't do.

I'll get a Z10, but the company is ******* incompetent, bottom line.
    so what about apple and the iphone just entering china? its only been what 7 years!
    01-30-13 04:30 PM
    and seeing there seems to be a fair amount of Reviews coming out even before the general public as yet touch them or see them, brings to mind that the tech reviews seem to be on a dummy Z10 or a Alpha like device..
    no the tech sites/reviews always get devices to play with and review before the general consumer. its nothing new.
    01-30-13 04:39 PM
    Let's compare everything to the iPhone and Android and say how much we want something different than the iPhone and Android, and then whine when they aren't the same as the iPhone and Android. Sounds like a solid practice.
    I currently own an iPhone and its nothing special. I only gave up the BB because it was falling behind the times. BB10 seems a whole lot better and I will upgrade to a 10 whenever ATT gets their crap together
    advcomputer likes this.
    01-30-13 04:41 PM
    Some of the amazing stuff about the BB10 platform simply can't be sensationalized. Things like flow, multitasking, invocation can't really wow people. But these are things that once you have used, you can't live without. All these reviews are missing the point because the internal plumbing of BB10 is what will take mobile computing to the next level.
    01-30-13 04:47 PM
    Some of the amazing stuff about the BB10 platform simply can't be sensationalized. Things like flow, multitasking, invocation can't really wow people. But these are things that once you have used, you can't live without. All these reviews are missing the point because the internal plumbing of BB10 is what will take mobile computing to the next level.
    Have you used them?
    bobauckland likes this.
    01-30-13 04:53 PM
    what's wrong with this review? more positives then negatives?
    01-30-13 05:04 PM
    Yes, I have.
    01-30-13 05:05 PM
    I just saw a video review today saying that the android apps are not even running in the latest android environment...they're running in the android 2.* environment. That's ridiculous

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    You need to realize that most Android apps on Android are running on 2.* devices. So that isn't a relavent argument.

I don't think it's good that there are so many ports though - those apps may work well but they don't look like they belong on a BlackBerry.
    01-30-13 05:07 PM
    what's wrong with this review? more positives then negatives?
    If a review doesn't paint the same perfect picture running through ones mind they are labelled bias. Happened with WP8 as well, and even the iphone 5.
    01-30-13 05:09 PM
    Have you used them?
    I have, and Polytope is right. In many ways, RIM BlackBerry has really reconsidered how the UI is structured, and made it more usable. I honestly think this is one of those devices where a lot of people will wonder "what's the fuss?" when they first pick it up, but after a couple of weeks they'll say "Ohhh, THAT's what they were talking about..."

I continue to believe that it will be word of mouth that will sell this phone, and it's good enough to GET good word of mouth.
    01-30-13 05:18 PM
    Review aggregator: RIM Blackberry Z10 review - gdgt

11 Reviews so far and they're looking pretty lukewarm in general.
    01-30-13 05:54 PM
    Unfortunately if you don't set the mobile world on fire, in this iOS/Android environment, you don't really have a chance. And even if you do (remember the awesome reviews of the Palm Pre) it's still very hard.

Engadget are missing the point. The BB10 wasn't supposed to set the mobile world on fire. It was designed to take RIM/BlackBerry forward and offer consumers & businesses a powerful alternative to the iOS/Android juggernaut. I was especially impressed with the potential of QNX and the design of the Z10 overall.
    01-30-13 06:26 PM
    Finally, someone that 'gets it', thank you for your quality post.
    01-30-13 07:02 PM
    Cant be relying on reviews always go and test the product in shop I dont need to do this Im bb period.Its one of those products only the core fans use for ages then people start thinking ''let me try that'' then its like ''damn this what yall was talking about'' was never gonna change the cyborg and orange lot in a day.

This phone has not been field tested enough its the case of new kid in class from new town its not looking familiar we should be a cyborg phone like the rest of 90% of this review.But its not BB just have to go about its business.First come BB users,than the duel weilders bb and phone x,then new users,try something new users,hipsters,trendwhores,haters, .Was never gonna take off in a day no matter what.Have to remember this was getting shut down because blackberry didnt become cyborg.

The movement will come in good time the reviewers are still clueless about qnx and still caught up in tablets and phones consumer playing mode these are but small pieces in bigger picture now.
    01-30-13 07:04 PM
    Say what? So the general public does not know about leaks because they don't go on CB or tech sites. Yet all of sudden they go to CB or a tech site to read a "meh" review. That is where they gain their "perseption" (sp).
    Sorry Howarmat, can't have it both ways,lol.

You do have to remember that most all general public has not seen the leaks so everything is new to them. BUT all the tech sites and us on CB have. If a general public go a to a tech site and see a meh review that will be the perseption.
    01-30-13 10:58 PM
    Say what? So the general public does not know about leaks because they don't go on CB or tech sites. Yet all of sudden they go to CB or a tech site to read a "meh" review. That is where they gain their "perseption" (sp).
    Sorry Howarmat, can't have it both ways,lol.
    yes you can, i hardly visit some sites regularly, say video cards, but always go check them out for reviews of products i think about purchasing. Many people dont follow things everyday of their lives like us and only do some searching a week or so before making purchases.
    Rickroller likes this.
    01-30-13 11:05 PM
    This is true. Read comments under video card reviews. AMD is often bashed by people and has translated to a general perception that they are always worse. Same thing with cpus in the athlon64 days when people bought pentium 4s claiming they were more compatible or stable or something absurd like that. The general public absorbs these opinions and is later extremely difficult to convince otherwise.
    01-31-13 12:14 PM
    yes you can, i hardly visit some sites regularly, say video cards, but always go check them out for reviews of products i think about purchasing. Many people dont follow things everyday of their lives like us and only do some searching a week or so before making purchases.
    I would think the average consumer does not look for reviews for a purchase under say $1,000, heck most don't even check reviews when purchasing a new vehicle. If you have stats otherwise I will gladly take your view/opinion as my own.
    01-31-13 03:02 PM
    Further to that I highly doubt that the general consumer even visits any tech sites, instead relying upon general media sites, word of mouth, advertising or trying a device out at one of the many kiosks, dealer stores, a friend's device etc.. Of all the non-technical people I know, only my niece does this because she researches everything before making a purchase.
    01-31-13 03:39 PM
    Further to that I highly doubt that the general consumer even visits any tech sites, instead relying upon general media sites, word of mouth, advertising or trying a device out at one of the many kiosks, dealer stores, a friend's device etc.. Of all the non-technical people I know, only my niece does this because she researches everything before making a purchase.
    Yes but word of mouth often spreads FROM reviews read by techy friends. A lot of techy friends consider engadget an absolutely brilliant place to get info. Hence we will have the reviews heavily influencing word of mouth.
    01-31-13 10:33 PM
    Enough of the news/tech/pundit reviews. Sit back and wait for the USER reviews. Ill post my input middle of next week
    meltbox360 likes this.
    01-31-13 10:56 PM
    Enough of the news/tech/pundit reviews. Sit back and wait for the USER reviews. Ill post my input middle of next week
    make so much sense here. users review would be the best for me. looking forward for you to share your experience with the device mate.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    01-31-13 11:20 PM
48 12