So I had my phone in my sweater pocket and was making a sandwich for me and my son. I must have hit the emergency call button, my phone has a pass code lock on it, because a few minutes later the police called making sure everything was ok and took down my info. She said it sounded like a pocket dial because she could here me asking someone if they'd like a slice of cheese lol! I mentioned what phone I was using and said it seemed way to easy to accidentally call. She agreed and said the majority of pocket dials they get are from blackberries (not just z10's) I'm in Waterloo so maybe that's why but with my iphone you still had to dial '911'. Not just press emergency and 'ok'. I would never disable it, if it were possible, because it's the only phone in the house. I like having an emergency call feature available even when my phone is locked (young kids in the house). I just wish it was a little harder to accidentally press.

Posted via CB10 on my amazingly awesome Z10
    03-29-13 04:18 PM
    Happened to me too, not sure how since I had the transformer cover on it, but when I pulled it out I saw that it did an Emergency dial. At the time I was in an area at work with no reception or I am sure I would have gotten a call too.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 04:50 PM
    Possibly beating a dead horse here, but I believed this happened to me today. I must have checked my phone and accidentally hit the emergency button. I got a call from the Police saying I called them and asking if everything was alright. The odd thing is I cross-checked Google, and my local police department's website and came up with nothing on the phone number. Additionally, there was no record of me making a call to them. Perhaps emergency calls don't go into your call record on the Z10?

- PineappleOranges
    07-25-13 03:02 PM
    I don't get it
    Has your phone got a emergency call button? Or is it a speed dial you set up?

My phone has nothing like that. I have to dial the number and then press call.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 03:19 PM
    Disable gestures when locked to prevent this from happening.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 03:33 PM
    I don't get it
    Has your phone got a emergency call button? Or is it a speed dial you set up?

My phone has nothing like that. I have to dial the number and then press call.

Posted via CB10
    Yea, I'm using a lock screen, and the emergency call button appears in the top right. I must have clicked it instead of the Ok button to unlock. I'm running Leaked OS 1.1.0.4687 too.

I have now disabled gestures to help prevent this from happening, though it wasn't a pocket dial.

- PineappleOranges
    07-25-13 03:38 PM
    Why do they make it so easy to dial 911? My phone called 911 like 4 times the other day. I was so embarassed

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 01:29 PM
    Toddler lives to grab our phones. Have caught him talking a few times and it is 911. Sigh. Or the phone rings and they are calling us back. They tell us to lock the phone... but it IS locked. Then they tell us to not let him play with the phones. As if we just hand them over! He is the amazing climbing and sneaking kid LOL... he calls our phones "my blackblee"

I really think a "disable lock screen emergency call" should be available or it should be requiring a few key presses to confirm or something!

Posted with my Zed via CeeBeeTen
    10-21-13 10:42 PM
    I wish they would require you to type "emergency" to make the phone call or something like that.
    10-22-13 12:20 AM