I've had my z10 for a couple months, my brother just got his. I never really noticed that emails come in slowly (5-15 minutes after being sent) but he did. I was frustrated and couldn't find a solution by changing push settings etc. I realized that emails come in immediately but don't show until the hub is refreshed. What solution is there to make emails become notifications? I understand not all have this issue

Thanks
    05-29-13 07:49 PM
    I've had my z10 for a couple months, my brother just got his. I never really noticed that emails come in slowly (5-15 minutes after being sent) but he did. I was frustrated and couldn't find a solution by changing push settings etc. I realized that emails come in immediately but don't show until the hub is refreshed. What solution is there to make emails become notifications? I understand not all have this issue

Thanks
    Need more information first, like what is your configuration like? What back-end are you connecting to and what protocol are you using. Also how have you configured the protocol connection?
    05-29-13 08:24 PM
    I need help with this as well. My push doesn't work - I have both a Yahoo account and a Gmail account none of which instantly pop up on my Z10. #timesImissmy9900
    05-29-13 08:40 PM
    Same here. My work emails do not come in real time as they should. I'm using activesync to exchange2010. Push is toggled on but my emails are delayed unless I refresh the Hub. Not the end of the world but kind of annoying.
    05-29-13 09:06 PM
    Yahoo doesn't support push unfortunately, as for Gmail I'm not sure...

Posted via CB10
    ruhban likes this.
    05-29-13 09:15 PM
    I'm on a yahoo account, my brother has Gmail and we are experiencing similar issues. My iphone on wifi will get emails from the same account immediately so I'm certain it can't be on that side of things.
    05-29-13 11:05 PM
    Same here. My work emails do not come in real time as they should. I'm using activesync to exchange2010. Push is toggled on but my emails are delayed unless I refresh the Hub. Not the end of the world but kind of annoying.
    You should talk to your Exchange administrators and confirm that everything is configured properly on their end. I have my Z10 hooked up to my company's BES 10.1 infrastructure with Exchange 2010 on the back end, and also separately my own Exchange 2010 server with just pure ActiveSync (no BES). In both cases the email usually shows up within seconds of hitting my mailbox (if I stare at it through OWA). For example there are firewall configurations that could be causing the issue: Enterprise firewall configuration for Exchange ActiveSync Direct Push Technology
    05-30-13 06:29 AM
    Yahoo doesn't support push unfortunately, as for Gmail I'm not sure...

Posted via CB10
    There are two ways to implement Gmail - ActiveSync if you paid for the corporate access, or IMAP and Push if you didn't. More on it here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-email-789009/

I would recommend those that are having issues confirm they have push enabled under their Gmail account, and if it still isn't working to try and remove and re-add the account from scratch.

I am not familiar with Yahoo so I will talk Francois' word on it.
    05-30-13 06:32 AM
    I had a similar issue with my gmail accounts...delayed email receiving issues sending mail...only happened when my zed was connected to a wi-fi network.
    the fix I found was to disable ipv6 from my router, added my email accounts again and voila...almost instant email.
    my guess is that the login info gets somehow messed up when ipv6 is used...not sure about it,but disabling it fixed my problems.
    my 50 cents...hope it helps...
    05-30-13 06:40 AM