Hey guys,

I seem to be having problems with seeing emails on my BB10 when i am using filters and folders on thunderbird (outlook like). The issue is, unless the email hits the inbox without a filter, i wont see an alert on the bb10. I suppose i can browse each folder to see if there is a new message but i find this counter productive.

Any thoughts on how i can remedy this? I often leave my email client open at work in my office and it filters all my emails for me. I also have my z10 on the go throughout the facility but find i am not getting any emails. Once i return to the desk, i find they are all neatly filtered into their appropriate folders but nothing on the bb.

Please help if someone has a solution!
    02-07-13 02:22 PM
    Sounds like you or your business isn't using BES and IMAP/POP/Web email accounts won't see the emails if they are filtered to different folders. They need to be unfiltered and go right to the inbox
    02-07-13 02:32 PM
    Sounds like you or your business isn't using BES and IMAP/POP/Web email accounts won't see the emails if they are filtered to different folders. They need to be unfiltered and go right to the inbox
    I know for a fact we are not using BES, but i do believe i have the email setup as IMAP. I have also got through the trouble on my phone setting up under "advanced" imap settings. I know when in the hub, i can hit the drop down menu to see the folders. If its properly setup as imap, will it appears in the hub when its "actually" being filtered to say "customer folder"??

Perhaps i set it up wrong, we are using justhost.com i believe
    02-07-13 02:36 PM
    well beyond my expertise, i know my gf's bb 9900 she has through work, is setup with BES and she gets all of her folders on her phone, I know I don't have that option on Gmail and my Imap POP account. It has to be unfiltered. So i don't think it can be done, but there is a chance it may show up in your HUB inbox and not foldered
    02-07-13 02:41 PM
    Can anyone else shed some light on this?
    02-07-13 04:35 PM
    Any thoughts on this?!
    02-08-13 09:55 AM
    Bump,

Does anyone has a solution to this type of problem?
    02-10-13 07:23 PM
    Bump,

Does anyone has a solution to this type of problem?
    Congratulations on getting a BlackBerry 10 device!

How is your email account configured in Thunderbird and how is it integrated on your BlackBerry 10 device? IMAP? POP? EAS? Also, who's the provider for that email service? This will help us help you.
    02-10-13 08:50 PM
    Congratulations on getting a BlackBerry 10 device!

How is your email account configured in Thunderbird and how is it integrated on your BlackBerry 10 device? IMAP? POP? EAS? Also, who's the provider for that email service? This will help us help you.
    Wow sorry for the lack of information: I am using thunderbird currently as my desktop client with message filters always running. I am running my email through justhost.com and their settings are as follows:

Manual Settings
    Mail Server Username: ###
    Incoming Mail Server: ###
    Incoming Mail Server: (SSL) just99.justhost.com
    Outgoing Mail Server: ### (server requires authentication) port 26
    Outgoing Mail Server: (SSL) just99.justhost.com (server requires authentication) port 465
    Supported Incoming Mail Protocols: POP3, POP3S (SSL/TLS), IMAP, IMAPS (SSL/TLS)
    Supported Outgoing Mail Protocols: SMTP, SMTPS (SSL/TLS)

Incoming is setup as Starttls and 143 port
    Outgoing: Starttls and 25 as the port

I have my Z10 setup as Imap currently but only receive the emails once they hit my INBOX instead of the individual folder it filtered to by thunderbird. Another user suggested i turn off filters and then all emails will come in but is this the only way?

There must be another way as on my older BB it worked "most" of the time haha, now with Z10 it never works.
    02-10-13 09:44 PM
    Thanks for all the info. Not clear if you're using POP or IMAP for Thunderbird.
    02-10-13 09:53 PM
    Thanks for all the info. Not clear if you're using POP or IMAP for Thunderbird.
    Woops, Yes IMAP is setup on my computer in thunderbird

The biggest thing i find is that, the emails coming in are shown on the bb instantly but if they are filtered it never shows up. I truly hope i can setup something where i dont have to turn off my filters
    02-10-13 09:55 PM
    Woops, Yes IMAP is setup on my computer in thunderbird

The biggest thing i find is that, the emails coming in are shown on the bb instantly but if they are filtered it never shows up. I truly hope i can setup something where i dont have to turn off my filters
    OK, so if both your BlackBerry 10 device and Mozilla Thunderbird are connected to your email account using IMAP, then what's happening is *expected* behavior. Just like email messages do not appear in Inbox on Thunderbird, they will not appear in your BlackBerry Hub. If you look on your BlackBerry 10 device, however, they should be in the folders that Thunderbird puts them in.

You can try using this to improve your experience and lettings us know if this fixes it for you: Use the "Edit Folder Settings" button in the settings page for your IMAP account on your BlackBerry Z10 to allow syncing of IMAP folders that are important.

Alternatively, you could use POP with the "leave message on server" turned to ON but this currently does not appear to be configurable, so I wouldn't advise it right now as you may end up with email that's removed from your mailbox and ends up exclusively on your BlackBerry 10 device rather than in your IMAP folders.
    02-10-13 10:36 PM
    OK, so if both your BlackBerry 10 device and Mozilla Thunderbird are connected to your email account using IMAP, then what's happening is *expected* behavior. Just like email messages do not appear in Inbox on Thunderbird, they will not appear in your BlackBerry Hub. If you look on your BlackBerry 10 device, however, they should be in the folders that Thunderbird puts them in.

You can try using this to improve your experience and lettings us know if this fixes it for you: Use the "Edit Folder Settings" button in the settings page for your IMAP account on your BlackBerry Z10 to allow syncing of IMAP folders that are important.

Alternatively, you could use POP with the "leave message on server" turned to ON but this currently does not appear to be configurable, so I wouldn't advise it right now as you may end up with email that's removed from your mailbox and ends up exclusively on your BlackBerry 10 device rather than in your IMAP folders.
    Can you elaborate a little on the "sync folders that are important"? I have up to 30 folders currently on my email, would i need to select and sync each individually?

I may have come up with a solution but it does not work. In my filters settings, i can setup that the email shows up in inbox, once the email is read to move to the appropriate folder. The only problem now lies with thunderbird only filtering upon new messages and thus with the delay on BB opening up emails and syncing back to the server, it fails to work.

Thunderbird only filters for that short little bit as the message comes in.
    02-10-13 10:51 PM
    I have just tried what you mentioned, it works and its great but there is a large delay in emails. For example, by the time it hits my inbox, its another 5 min before its recognized and put on my blackberry. If the emails just goto inbox, its almost instant.
    02-10-13 11:37 PM
    Can you elaborate a little on the "sync folders that are important"? I have up to 30 folders currently on my email, would i need to select and sync each individually?

I may have come up with a solution but it does not work. In my filters settings, i can setup that the email shows up in inbox, once the email is read to move to the appropriate folder. The only problem now lies with thunderbird only filtering upon new messages and thus with the delay on BB opening up emails and syncing back to the server, it fails to work.

Thunderbird only filters for that short little bit as the message comes in.
    You will have to check the folders in which the message ended up, just like you do on Thunderbird, but if I'm guessing right (and I'm saying that because I don't have your kind of a setup so I didn't try the solution myself), the notifications in the Hub and unread counts will show the newly-arrived messages, which hopefully addresses your main challenge.

In addition to leave-on-server POP integration possibly being an option in the future, another alternative would be to switch to a quasi-IMAP backend that allows for Gmail-style "labels." This would let Thunderbird "copy" messages into folders but still leave them in your inbox, so you can see them in the inbox folder on your BlackBerry 10 device.
    02-11-13 12:17 AM
    I have just tried what you mentioned, it works and its great but there is a large delay in emails. For example, by the time it hits my inbox, its another 5 min before its recognized and put on my blackberry. If the emails just goto inbox, its almost instant.
    You may have to live with this delay (limited to maximum of whatever you set as "Sync Interval" setting for your IMAP email account) because Inbox messages are treated as higher priority than other folders and IMAP-IDLE is not as quick as BES push or EAS for syncing your entire mailbox.
    02-11-13 12:20 AM
    Hi, I have been following this post with interest. Apologies for the semi-hijack. Our IT dept is switching us from Outlook to Thunderbird, and they have email done, but are having problems with the calendar function sync.

OP, do you use Thunderbird calendar? If so, how is it working with your Z10. I have been holding off buying one until I can get this clarified. I am also very non-tech savvy, lol

Thanks
    03-20-13 12:17 PM
    I just purchased a Z10, and use Thunderbird for email and it's calender (lightning). I have both the Thunderbird & Z10 calenders synced to a google calender, and thus any change made is updated via google.
    04-04-13 01:32 PM
    Theo have do you go about syncing your calendars into Google?

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 11:18 AM
    Thunderbird's calender program is called Lightning. There is a 'add-on' which creates a link between the calender Lightning and the online google calendar. I believe the add-on is called 'provider for google calendar'. On the Z10 I created a calender account which also links to google calendars. Under the account settings in the Z10 you can then change the default calendar to the google calendar.
    04-09-13 06:58 AM