I got free tethering by having an iPhone data plan set up on my line. The iPhone includes free hot spot with iOS 8 or something and so now does my BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    So, after you on the grandfather unlimited data plan?

"Data" the new Greed
    12-02-14 12:50 PM
    Eliminating carrier tethering/hotspot restrictions using e-screens-img_20141202_174949.png
    Got it

"Data" the new Greed
    SPNKr likes this.
    12-02-14 07:52 PM
    So, after you on the grandfather unlimited data plan?

"Data" the new Greed
    No, regular data plan 3GB/month, I just have the ability to tether.
    12-04-14 12:09 AM
    I got free tethering by having an iPhone data plan set up on my line. The iPhone includes free hot spot with iOS 8 or something and so now does my BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    Please re-read thread. Your post has nothing whatsoever to do with the point and purpose here. We are discussing how to eliminate carrier restrictions to free tethering for unlimited data plans. If you have a limited data plan you get tethering free, otherwise you pay $30 extra a month. You have a limited data plan, you are by definition not carrier restricted.
    12-04-14 06:40 AM
    Anyone figure out a way to access and edit the Escreen on 10.3.1+ yet? Specifically, z10, on vzw.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 08:23 PM
    Anyone figure out a way to access and edit the Escreen on 10.3.1+ yet? Specifically, z10, on vzw.

Posted via CB10

You can't. The escreen is part of the OS, the Bar to access it WAS written in Adobe AIR. The new E-screen is written in Cascades because BB is no longer supporting Adobe AIR or Adobe Flash. In 10.3.1 you lose the ability to get around carrier tethering. Period. You also lose the ability to access Adobe Flash content in the browser. As a trade off you get a few more controls over notifications. Personally, I'm sticking with 10.3 until they pry it from my cold dead hands, or my firm allows Android devices, which ever comes first.
    12-17-14 08:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes, use the escreen/DevMode app. Search for it in the forums. I can't remember where I found it but it's made from one of the member here. Works great and right on your Z.
    Im on 10.3.1.1154 by the way
    12-18-14 02:22 PM
    Yes, use the escreen/DevMode app. Search for it in the forums. I can't remember where I found it but it's made from one of the member here. Works great and right on your Z.
    Im on 10.3.1.1154 by the way
    Jelp2 - I'm sorry but are you referring to this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...v-mode-825489/

If so, this is the first I've heard that anyone on any 10.3.1XXX OS has been able to access and manipulate the new escreen. If so, I may put 10.3.1 on tonight and find a work around for flash content. But first a few questions:

1. What OS are you running?
    2. Please confirm you have a Verizon unlimited data plan.
    3. Please confirm you were able to switch VZW over Tethering/MHS Enttitlement" to off.

I know I speak for hundreds of CB faithful on VZW when I say thank you for the information. If it works, I owe you a drink.
    12-18-14 04:46 PM
    Hell I have some time, I'll load up 10.3.1 and test.

Posted via CB10
    1magine likes this.
    12-18-14 08:10 PM
    If tethering works, and now so does Blend, I will find a Flash enabled browser.
    12-18-14 08:18 PM
    the app is just a quick way to access the escreen. You cannot edit the tethering options. Well you can toggle a couple of items, but cannot turn off Verizon Tethering.

tried with 10.3.1.1154
    SPNKr likes this.
    12-18-14 10:14 PM
    Unfortunately it's what I thought. My guess is we'd need either to take the working escreen bar and convert it to HTML or Cascades - - or possibly extract from someone's device who has it working.
    12-18-14 11:00 PM
    Jelp2 - I'm sorry but are you referring to this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...v-mode-825489/

If so, this is the first I've heard that anyone on any 10.3.1XXX OS has been able to access and manipulate the new escreen. If so, I may put 10.3.1 on tonight and find a work around for flash content. But first a few questions:

1. What OS are you running?
    2. Please confirm you have a Verizon unlimited data plan.
    3. Please confirm you were able to switch VZW over Tethering/MHS Enttitlement" to off.

I know I speak for hundreds of CB faithful on VZW when I say thank you for the information. If it works, I owe you a drink.
    Sorry, I didn't try the tethering option. I just meant that you can access the escreen. I was on VZ when I downloaded the app and accessed it, but have since switched to TMO. Im still using my STL4 waiting on a 3 to arrive. Once my STL3 arrives, I can try switching things on the STL4, but not sure if that would help. I am on 10.3.1.1154
    12-20-14 12:40 PM
    We have got to find a way to enable this. I don't use it very often, but every once in a while I will need to connect to print shipping labels when the wifi service is acting like a little b.

I may just have to use my old z10 as a back up and keep 10.2 on it, instead of using it as a test device. Then I could swap my sim to activate, but what a pain.
    12-30-14 01:34 PM
    We have got to find a way to enable this. I don't use it very often, but every once in a while I will need to connect to print shipping labels when the wifi service is acting like a little b.

I may just have to use my old z10 as a back up and keep 10.2 on it, instead of using it as a test device. Then I could swap my sim to activate, but what a pain.
    It works on 10.3.0XXX all the way up to 1418. No need to stay on 10.2.1.

We can at least access the escreen now on 10.3.1. but as far as I know, there is no 10.3.1 OS or bar that will allow you to switch VZW over Tethering/MHS Enttitlement" to off.

Quite frankly, with the removal of this and flash, on 10.3.1 there is allot of incentive to stay on 10.3. Having finer controls over notifications is not nearly enough reason to 'upgrade'. At this point, for me, I'm just waiting for my firm to approve Android devices.
    12-30-14 01:48 PM
    hey everyone and happy new years eve.

im a lil out of touch with the thread. in oct i autoloaded 10.2.1016 (i think) to try to get pass the restriction, but then it auto updated to the latest os during the initalize process.

anyways, im ready to try again, what should i do to get past the restriction make my vzn Q10 tether? i see that 10.3.1949 is out... and i never did understand the sidebar thing...

thank you for any suggestions..
    12-31-14 11:13 AM
    hey everyone and happy new years eve.

im a lil out of touch with the thread. in oct i autoloaded 10.2.1016 (i think) to try to get pass the restriction, but then it auto updated to the latest os during the initalize process.

anyways, im ready to try again, what should i do to get past the restriction make my vzn Q10 tether? i see that 10.3.1949 is out... and i never did understand the sidebar thing...

thank you for any suggestions..
    From the post above yours, it is broken on the newest leaks but still works on 10.3.0xxxxxxx versions. So it would seem that whatever worked in the past should work the same way as long as you have the proper (not too new) OS.
    jayuser likes this.
    12-31-14 11:23 AM
    ok, thank you.
    im going to find a leaked 10.3.0xxx.
    looking at my saved files, it was 10.3.1.1016 (which didnt work for me - or at least didnt know what do with it)
    i hope once i fined a 10.3.0xxx version, it wil not auto update! brb...
    12-31-14 11:27 AM
    ok, thank you.
    im going to find a leaked 10.3.0xxx.
    looking at my saved files, it was 10.3.1.1016 (which didnt work for me - or at least didnt know what do with it)
    i hope once i fined a 10.3.0xxx version, it wil not auto update! brb...
    Jay you need to read up on how to sideload a bar file. The easiest method is the newest version of Sachesi for your PC. You will need to put some effort (20-30 minutes) of research on this. Then come back to this thread. Look for the Bar file I provided, load it on your phone, and follow the directions on page 1 with regard to getting into the escreen and changing the necessary options.
    FF22 and jayuser like this.
    12-31-14 12:27 PM
    Jay you need to read up on how to sideload a bar file. The easiest method is the newest version of Sachesi for your PC. You will need to put some effort (20-30 minutes) of research on this. Then come back to this thread. Look for the Bar file I provided, load it on your phone, and follow the directions on page 1 with regard to getting into the escreen and changing the necessary options.
    im trying to follow your first page info, having problems getting into the escreen to access it. holding down alt sht and h doesnt do anything, when i use the bb browser and type escreen:// it gives me some info. what am i doing wrong? im running 10.3.0.675.. Unless i am supposed to load the bar file first?
    Last edited by jayuser; 12-31-14 at 04:17 PM.
    12-31-14 03:54 PM
    im trying to follow your first page info, having problems getting into the escreen to access it. holding down alt sht and h doesnt do anything, when i use the bb browser and type escreen:// it gives me some info. what am i doing wrong? im running 10.3.0.675.. Unless i am supposed to load the bar file first?
    The escreen only does show INFO. Then you have to plug that info (uptime, OS, etc) into a program or brower link or app and it will provide a multi-digit key that you have to type in blindly into the escreen. (that's from memory, it might vary somewhat).
    12-31-14 04:37 PM
    The escreen only does show INFO. Then you have to plug that info (uptime, OS, etc) into a program or brower link or app and it will provide a multi-digit key that you have to type in blindly into the escreen. (that's from memory, it might vary somewhat).
    can i ask, what OS should i be using? once i get the code, what do i do with it? also i have sachesi installed, but its not detecting my Q10.. :/

btw, once i "type it blindly" something will happen, or do i have to press return.?
    12-31-14 04:52 PM
    First, I'm not the best for info on this. I never tried it earlier and once I was interested I had the wrong OS (a leak) so it will no longer work.

I *THINK* an OFFICIAL OS should work since the thread goes back a ways. But if not, find the bar file that he mentioned. That bar file needs to be sideloaded and you can use Sachesi. Sachesi needs a usb connection. You then drag the bar file into Sachesi and it will load it on your phone. You can also use the Chrome browser (with the Playbook App add-on or extension).

Then you run the browser and type in that escreen url. That will show certain values that are needed to "unlock" the escreen mode. (BB did not make it easy to get to the escreen - it has always been difficult even in older OS's).

Then, it looks like the following site still has the escreen calculator (I have not checked it for accuracy) and there is probably a url somewhere in this thread with some other site. Scroll down a bit and you will see a form (calculator) to enter values revealed by the escreen url.

Zibri's Blog: Hidden things are usually the best (do this on computer as you don't want to affect uptime)

Put your values in and pick 30 days just so that you have access for a while, otherwise you have to do it all again as the uptime changes each second. Take the results and type them in blind - you canNOT see them as you type. And it is mixed letters and numbers (get them right). It all goes well, you will have the escreen where values can be changed.

More caution BE careful. Changing the wrong values can PERMANENTLY brick the device with no recovery. It has happened to some.

Let's see if anyone else has info.
    jayuser likes this.
    12-31-14 07:38 PM
    One last time.

STEP 1: Load any 10.3.0.XXX OS on your phone. I use 10.3.0.1418/ 10.3.0.1419 radio for my VZW Z30. You should easily find an autoloader for your device.

Once that is done and set up to your liking. Move on to -
    STEP 2: Download the escreen bar I provided in this thread onto your PC in a place you will remember.
    STEP 3: Sideload that escreen bar onto your device. (Step By Step Guide to Sideloading Apps on BlackBerry 10 - BerryReview OR http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...taller-825409/ ) I prefer Sachesi, can't make things easier than it does. Connect device to PC or Mac using USB, go to apps tab, drag bar file onto the tab and let it load. No rocket science needed.
    STEP 4: Hold down volume up and down buttons until device restarts:
    STEP 5: Access the full escreen (again 2 methods - How to access the engineering (Help Me!) screen on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com OR http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...v-mode-825489/ ) . The app is probably the easier way but neither is too difficult if you read and follow directions.
    STEP 6: Finally, you are almost there - (A) Once you have unlocked your e-screen, go to General Radio. Look for option "QCT Modem DUN" and turn it on. Some Verizon users reported that it's working without this step, for others this step is a must otherwise it's not working. Try and see if it works for you. (B) Go down, look for "RNDIS IP Tethering". Click on it. First thing you do is modify the option on the bottom, "VZW over Tethering/MHS Enttitlement" to off. Second option you modify is "Enable IPv6 over MHS/Tether, and you modify that to "shared". (C) Restart your phone. (D) Test both USB/Bluetooth tethering and Hotspot.

Done.

PS - To date, 10.3.1 is waay overrated. No working escreen bar, no flash. No reason to go there. If you want Blend, there is a Blend bar available in the forums that will work on 10.3.0.XXX. 10.3.1 has more control over notifications than does 10.3.0, but for what you lose, it is, in my opinion not a worthwhile trade off.
    FF22 and jayuser like this.
    12-31-14 11:46 PM
    Done.

PS - To date, 10.3.1 is waay overrated. No working escreen bar, no flash. No reason to go there. If you want Blend, there is a Blend bar available in the forums that will work on 10.3.0.XXX. 10.3.1 has more control over notifications than does 10.3.0, but for what you lose, it is, in my opinion not a worthwhile trade off.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    wow. didnt want to have you work, but i am super appreciative for taking the moment to reply. sorry i am a noob at this, lots of info- old and new, it takes me a lil effort to figure what info is relevant. thank thank you thank you!

have some work to do now to try this out..

happy new years F2, 1magine, ciprianmuresan, and to everyone here on the forums!
    FF22 likes this.
    01-01-15 10:17 AM
586 ... 1718192021 ...