I am looking into the Blackberry z10 for AT&T, but I have a few questions that I hope could be answered by the knowledgeable people of this forum. I have always been a Blackberry fan, but lately I have been watching from a distance. I really want to pull the trigger on getting a new z10, but I have not been able to do so due to some lingering doubts. There are few apps that I would really like to use and I am hoping that there is a way to get these working on the z10 (either natively, through an android app or an app that does it just as well):
    Espn Scorecenter
    Instagram
    SnapChat
    Line
    Youtube
    Pandora
    Shazam
    Imdb
    Xbox smartglass

I am also worried about the camera quality as I have heard mixed reviews. How is the camera in every day use? I would also like to know how the browser is on the z10. I tend to use my phone a lot to browse the web and I need a great browser. Those are my biggest concerns and I really hope that they can be overcome. I used to love my Blackberry and I would like to call myself an addict again. I am not overly concerned with the state of Blackberry as I think they will eventually pull themselves out of this mess. Thank you in advance.
    11-18-13 10:08 PM
    I am looking into the Blackberry z10 for AT&T, but I have a few questions that I hope could be answered by the knowledgeable people of this forum. I have always been a Blackberry fan, but lately I have been watching from a distance. I really want to pull the trigger on getting a new z10, but I have not been able to do so due to some lingering doubts. There are few apps that I would really like to use and I am hoping that there is a way to get these working on the z10 (either natively, through an android app or an app that does it just as well):
    Espn Scorecenter-?
    Instagram- Sideload or Igrann beta
    SnapChat-sideload
    Line-?
    Youtube- Original it's a launcher never tried a Sideload
    Pandora-sideload or app in aw appollo
    Shazam-heard sideload works I have Soundhound
    Imdb-?
    Xbox smartglass-?

I am also worried about the camera quality as I have heard mixed reviews. How is the camera in every day use? I would also like to know how the browser is on the z10. I tend to use my phone a lot to browse the web and I need a great browser. Those are my biggest concerns and I really hope that they can be overcome. I used to love my Blackberry and I would like to call myself an addict again. I am not overly concerned with the state of Blackberry as I think they will eventually pull themselves out of this mess. Thank you in advance.

I say pull the trigger...you have a 30 day BRE. everyone has a diff opinion and i feel that words on a forum can't replace hands on.

AT&T Z10 Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1791
    11-18-13 10:25 PM
    Espn Scorecenter
    Instagram
    SnapChat
    Line
    Youtube
    Pandora
    Shazam
    Imdb
    Xbox smartglass

Go ahead and get the best phone on the market! I've had mine since March and have not looked back! The browser is truly the best I have used.
    As of early next year you will be able to get all apps that are in google play. If you're willing to spend some time you can get them all now with the latest os leak.

As far as your apps that you use, BlackBerry World is a lot different than the old BlackBerry. It's truly a beautiful interface to use and has 200,000+ the new Google play apps coming. ESPN, NFL, MLB, CBS SPORTS, NHL Game center are all available. You Tube is great and so is fast tube! Soundhound is the same as shazaam, and there is currently 2 apps for instagram.
    On the edge-img_00000726.png
    On the edge-img_00000724.png
    On the edge-img_00000727.png
    Go ahead and pull the trigger, just remember that it takes a few days to completely understand how much this phone rocks!

Posted via BlackBerry Z10
    damien kupuku likes this.
    11-18-13 10:53 PM
    Thank you for the quick responses. I have been doing some research and it seems as if it is able to do most of what I want. I am still worried about the camera though. I am not going to lie, the interface seems so slick. I need a break from all the android and iOS crap.
    11-18-13 11:00 PM
    The camera is alright. Probably not the best in the market but definitely not the worst. Time shift is probably one of my favorite features as an everyday camera. Not having to retake pictures if only one person blinked. Or you can go the opposite route, make a person who came out good on the picture and make them look bad. I suggest you try get one, load 10.2.1 straight out of the box. You'll be able to download apk files through your phone without a problem. Meaning you'll be able download your favorite android apps if it's not on BlackBerry World.

P.S. After you install 10.2.1 let the files settle in before you complain about anything. I install leaked os at night before bed to let them settle in.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 11:36 PM
    Just buy it... you wont regret...
    U can consider z30 if want big screen..
    Rest all remains almost same

Z10, stl100-3 india
    11-18-13 11:45 PM
    Go for it my friend. Doesn't AT&T have a return policy within two weeks or so? If you don't like it, there's nothing to lose.

The camera is not the best compared to other high end devices but BlackBerry 10 does have some neat shooter modes like Time Shift.

If you install the latest leak OS 10.2.1.1055, you shouldn't worry about the app gap because installing Android apps is very easy and there are lots of helpful members here who would be glad to help you out if you get stuck somewhere. I looked at your list of apps and most of them work very well - sports apps like Espn Scorecenter and Pandora, Shazam (SoundHound is really good),Imdb and Xbox smartglass I don't really use so I hope other will chime in.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 11:52 PM
    I'd give the camera an 8/10. Time Shift is great to use as it takes 8 images per picture, offering you to pick the best image, and avoiding any "eyes closed" shots. Definitely a solid camera with plenty of options, certainly it's no Lumia, but its comparable to iphone and Samsung options.
    Where the Z10 truly shines is the hub. It's absolutely the simplest, most effective way to see all messages and emails from a single swipe. Business gets done on this phone! The keyboard is also leaps ahead of the competition and the OS is like butter!
    Where BlackBerry failed was marketing this phone and creating a sexy brand once again. They've never had to worry about that and figured the phone would sell itself as a business branded device. I feel that it is the best device for business users but also delivers for in almost every other area...photos, video, gaming etc...
    Obviously the Z10 has its flaws, but nothing that has affected my thoughts on the device. Better than any iphone out there, and definitely a top 5 on my list.

Posted via BlackBerry Z10
    11-19-13 12:02 AM
    Thanks for all the replies, I think I am going to give it a shot. I can't wait to see what it can do. I miss having my blackberry and I really do hope the keyboard experience is much better than the competition. I have gone through way more phones than I should have and I am still looking for an OS that I can settle on. The iPhone is a good device, but it isn't for me. I tried to like android, but it always seems to bog down after a few months. Not to mention Google invading my email and location to give me "Google Now". Sometimes I miss the simpler days and I have always trusted Blackberry with my information. Any ideas what the best leak is for an AT&T z10?
    11-19-13 08:43 AM
    The most stable leak OS is 10.2.1.1055 with the ability to install Android apps without any sideloading tools or a computer. The US is always late in releasing updates, so leaks are the best way to keep the phone's software up to date

I have had my Z10 since March and I love how much better my phone gets with each update. I used to hate Android because with each update it seemed to make my phone worse - geting slower and more apps/cr@p that I didn't need and had to keep manually have to force stop them. It's like they purposely want us to buy a new Android with each update lol

Thanks for all the replies, I think I am going to give it a shot. I can't wait to see what it can do. I miss having my blackberry and I really do hope the keyboard experience is much better than the competition. I have gone through way more phones than I should have and I am still looking for an OS that I can settle on. The iPhone is a good device, but it isn't for me. I tried to like android, but it always seems to bog down after a few months. Not to mention Google invading my email and location to give me "Google Now". Sometimes I miss the simpler days and I have always trusted Blackberry with my information. Any ideas what the best leak is for an AT&T z10?

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 12:14 PM