So I think I'd like to help out our American friends (and possibly make a few bucks in the process), but was wondering how a person would go about unlocking a Z10? Previously, I could buy an unlock code on eBay for $10 or so and then go through some options screens on my BB to get to a point where I input the code and then voila! Does it work the same way with the Z10, or do I have to pay the carrier to unlock it for me when I go buy it?

Thanks for your help and if I get the answers I'm looking for, you may start seeing more Z10s on ebay come Tuesday! Shipped from Canada (quick!)
    01-31-13 07:20 AM
    I dont know this for sure, but I was looking at the same thing ie if I had to get my friend to reserve it on Rogers lets say and I'm on Fido. I searched a few sites and they all said the same thing, put in the unaccepted SIM and put in the code -- mepd and all that is a thing of the past. But I'll let you know soon as I get one on Feb 5th #19 here
    01-31-13 08:26 AM
    As an american, I would be very appreciative if you did. Gosh we are dying down here to get our hands on the z10 but alas our lovely carriers wont let us..
    01-31-13 08:35 AM
    Someone should try the unlock app on BlackBerry World, it works great!
    01-31-13 10:15 PM
    I'll likely unlock a few and put them up for sale as well.. spread the love I say!
    rjkolo likes this.
    01-31-13 10:32 PM
    Ill send a few down south, wont even charge anything. Maybe throw a couple high prices ones on ebay but once I figure out how to unlock them and everything ill post the links to some ebay sales of mine on crackberry that are retail price, then were all protected by the ebay process regarding scams
    01-31-13 10:59 PM
    Is it not illegal to unlock phones in the states as of lately? I'm not sure sending a bunch unlocked across the border is in anyones best interest, especially with no financial motive. Not that i'm against sharing the wealth, I'm all for it. Just something to consider.
    02-01-13 02:09 AM
    Ill send a few down south, wont even charge anything. Maybe throw a couple high prices ones on ebay but once I figure out how to unlock them and everything ill post the links to some ebay sales of mine on crackberry that are retail price, then were all protected by the ebay process regarding scams
    Thanks! That'd be swell
    02-01-13 03:28 AM
    Someone should try the unlock app on BlackBerry World, it works great!
    Does this seriously exist? Which carrier version did you unlock? And this was a Z10?
    02-01-13 06:21 AM
    Bear in mind unlocking a phone voids the warranty. Factory unlocked is always best.
    02-01-13 06:28 AM
    Bear in mind unlocking a phone voids the warranty. Factory unlocked is always best.
    Agreed, it would be the best. It's not an option in Canada though.
    02-01-13 07:39 AM
    Is it not illegal to unlock phones in the states as of lately? I'm not sure sending a bunch unlocked across the border is in anyones best interest, especially with no financial motive. Not that i'm against sharing the wealth, I'm all for it. Just something to consider.
    It's illegal to unlock them IN the US.. (not that anyone is going to check) but there's no law against sending unlocked ones TO the US as far as I know..and it's perfectly legal to unlock them here. At the end of the day if I get my costs covered and make a few bucks for my trouble, I'll just be happy to see more users. I'll likely cut out the ebay commission fee's and sell them direct right here. I'm a long standing member with plenty of posts, and my business contact info is in my signature (that business has nothing to do with selling phones, but it proves I'm not going to flee with people money.) So once I've got it sorted out I'll post up, people cam PM me their zip codes so I can calculate shipping and i'l pick them up and ship them out made to order same day.

Sending a phone bought from a Canadian carrier to the US isn't going to have a warranty that's redeemable by the buyer anyway..
    austriker likes this.
    02-01-13 07:53 AM
    Does this seriously exist? Which carrier version did you unlock? And this was a Z10?
    It exists, just check BB World. I haven't tried it, that's why I'm suggesting someone test it. It has worked great in the past
    02-01-13 08:52 AM
    It is very easy to unlock a Z10

Just need your unlock code first

You can get it from your network - call and try your luck, you may get it free or for a fee (hehe that rhymes )

If not, then you can buy it from a 3rd party unlocker.

Then just enter the code like this:

Insert a not accepted SIM card in your Blackberry Z10 and turn it on � (Not accepted simcard is one that's not from the network your phone is locked to)
    Your Z10 will ask for the unlock code
    Enter your Blackberry Z10's unlock code and press enter
    Your Blackberry Z10 is now permanently unlocked!

or

Go to Settings -> Security and Privacy -> Simcard
    Click Unlock Network
    Enter the unlock code and press enter.
    Your Blackberry Z10 is now permanently unlocked!

Cheers!

Jeffrey
    02-20-13 05:08 PM
    I have had two Z10's and neither could be unlocked by both cellunlocker and crackberryunlocking. Both were Rogers. Anyone run into this?
    02-20-13 06:55 PM
    I just have a quick question on the unlocking of Z10. Once it is unlocked, will it be permanently unlocked even if I do a Data Wipe?
    Thanx in advance for any answer given
    02-20-13 07:43 PM
    Go to the crackberry.com unlocking store. I tried 2 other sites and wasted over $60 total. Crackberry did it right the first time

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 07:51 PM
    I just have a quick question on the unlocking of Z10. Once it is unlocked, will it be permanently unlocked even if I do a Data Wipe?
    Yes it's permanently unlocked.
    02-20-13 07:56 PM
    Go to the crackberry.com unlocking store. I tried 2 other sites and wasted over $60 total. Crackberry did it right the first time

Posted via CB10
    dont they refund if it doesnt work?
    02-20-13 08:03 PM
    I have had two Z10's and neither could be unlocked by both cellunlocker and crackberryunlocking. Both were Rogers. Anyone run into this?
    People have run into this problem though if I remember correctly it was mostly us Telus folks.
    02-20-13 08:30 PM
    It will remain unlocked

you can wipe the device, update the os, etc and it will always remain unlocked.

Cheers,

Jeff
    02-20-13 08:38 PM
    Yea good luck getting them to refund it. I had to fight with cellunlocker.net. There a joke to work with. I have made a dispute purchase with PayPal now. And Canadagsm.com was a scam too. He refunded very fast. Cellunlocker.net gave me 8 different unlock codes. None of them worked. Crackberry gave me one and worked right the first time. Took a few days but we'll worth it

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 10:23 PM