I hardly ever see anyone putting their Z10 to their ear always speaker mode including myself.
    Anyone actually dirty these babies by putting it to ear??

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 06:02 PM
    Yep a little it smudges, but not much.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    04-14-13 06:14 PM
    Yup to the ear except when driving then it's plugged up to the radio aux and on speaker phone through the truck's speakers.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 06:17 PM
    I always used headphones. Either the z10 ones or the ones from my old 9900

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 06:22 PM
    I always put it up to my ear, except when in the car. In the car is use it through the stereo paired to my Jabra Cruiser II. Plus I use it in the car to listen to music, either nobex, slacker, or grooveshark.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 06:59 PM
    Almost always to the ear, main exception is in the car attached to bluetooth, not sure if that counts though.
    04-14-13 07:24 PM
    I mostly use my earbuds or the car's bluetooth for talking on the phone.

I'll use speaker phone in private places like the home or a closed office.

There are two reasons for this:
    1) ease of use, I can do other things including browse the web while talking on the phone.
    2) this is just a personal thing, but did you know that almost or all smart phones these days have a section in their manual advising you to put the phone away from your ear(brain), LOL, here is the Z10's manual quote:

• Use the BlackBerry device in areas where there is a strong wireless signal. The indicator that provides information about the strength of the wireless signal is located in the upper-right corner of the home screen and displays five ascending bars. Three or more bars indicate a strong signal. A reduced signal display, which might occur in areas such as an underground parking structure or if
    you are traveling by train or car, might indicate increased power output from your BlackBerry device as it attempts to connect to a weak signal.

• Use hands-free operation if it is available and keep the BlackBerry device at least 0.59 in. (15 mm) from your body (including the abdomen of pregnant women and the lower abdomen of teenagers) when the BlackBerry device is turned on and connected to the wireless network. For more information about carrying your BlackBerry device, see the holster information in the "Accessories" section of this document.

• Reduce the amount of time spent on calls, or send a text message or BBM message instead.
    I'm not going around preaching to others to not put their phone to their ears, this is just a personal choice. I just started noticing these safety notes ever since the Smart Phones came to dominance with Edge/3G/4G/LTE/wi-fi/hotspot/bluetooth/ etc.(I don't know if the warnings where in the older phones) so I personally prefer not to put it to my ear if it can be avoided.
    04-14-13 07:30 PM
    When i'm driving I use my BT, otherwise it's always to my ear.

Posted via CB10 from my Zed
    04-14-13 08:19 PM