Good to know the Z10 was on the testing bench early.
    As a photographer I had planned on putting mine thru one of my glamour and physique series shoots sets just to see. Mind you I have been impressed thus far with some landscape/architectural photos I have snapped and I suspect with more tweaking in software to come it can only get better.

While the tests did not do much for the Z10 in final ranking (it managed only a 67) I am so far happy with some of my results, I need a phone more than I need a 4.7" camera. But shows great hope.

DxOMark - BlackBerry Z10 overview
    03-19-13 07:36 PM
    Thanks for posting. I'll check it out. I'm also a photographer and am interested in any tips on using it. I've found that the movable square changes the metering of the shot (its like center weighted metering it seems).. the auto wb seems okay and I wish we could change it. Also it'd be a dream to have the camera show the shutter speed and Aperture on the display.

Maybe the ability to change iso too. My friends non smartphone from LG (I think) has most of these features (ability to change wb, iso and such) which we found the other night while I was shooting night cityscapes with my d700.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 07:53 PM
    I came across this report at dpreview.com and was about to post a link for this report in this forum when I noticed this post. As a semi-pro photographer I find it funny that respectable website such as DxOMark even bothers with testing cellphone cameras. Z10 is an excellent communication device which I enjoy tremendously since Feb 5 and I surely didn't buy it for a camera. When I need to do a serious photography I have my pro level DSLR with a pro level lens. Camera in a smartphone is a nice add-on for taking snapshots which you can instantly share with friends and Z10 happen to have a good one that does exactly that. Measuring luminance noise levels in a smartphone camera? Give me a break.
    03-20-13 02:05 AM
    @austriker, I think BB has done well thus far, by no means am I expecting 'Nokia' type performance but from what I have achieved with it so far it is good. Auto ISO max range would be good, thou the limits on a phone would be an issue. However, the Z10 does have an auto-enhance as well as a WB control adjustments in Edit that really do a great job, now I just need to find a good Dev to 'hack' it for watermark add and I am happy.

@TTQ225 I agree a full scale review of such magnitude may be overdone for phones with camera, but you can bet if they did not someone would find issue as to why such details and review were not conducted. For the most part I skipped past most of that - I just wanted to see what they came up with overall, the rest peeps like you and I can attest to and deal with.
    Attached Thumbnails DxOMark Report on Blackberry Z10 (for the camera buffs)-wb-control.jpg  
    austriker likes this.
    03-20-13 06:13 AM
    With The Lumia 920 below the Z10, who can complain.

At the same time, with the iPhone 5 and Note 2 so high... who was doing the review?

All this shows is, depending on the person, and the software review.

Nothing is equal.
    03-20-13 06:52 AM