I bought Kings of Leon's new album from BlackBerry World and I opened it and every song has a duplicate. How can I fix this?

Posted via BlackBerry Zed 10
    09-29-13 07:21 PM
    If you try playing them, do they all play or might some of them not really be there? I've got some phantom mp3's on my z10. It happened the 2nd day I got it. They appeared in RECENT and they are not really there. They canNOT be deleted. I even removed the SD card, reformatted it placed it in empty but those tunes are still there and they are NOT in internal memory. I'm living with it at the moment but it might be an excuse to load a leaked OS!

That may not be your problem.
    09-29-13 08:28 PM
    Did you buy it twice? Delete the duplicates. Was there really a need to post this? USE COMMON SENSE!

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 08:28 PM
    I didn't buy them twice. It's weird though. I investigated further and the first song is Supersoaker and the second song is Supersoaker as well. But when I played the second one, it is actually playing the third song on the album. It's like this all the way down the list.

09-29-13 08:58 PM
    I work with their mother. I could ask her.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 08:59 PM
    I would guess that like apps, if you purchased it, you should be able to Delete it and then download it again. Good luck
    09-29-13 09:49 PM
    Thx, I tried that too. It's 13 songs, every song listed twice. Duplicate of 1st song is actually the 3rd song. It's like that all the way the list until I get to the 14th song and it gives an error from that song to the end.

09-29-13 10:26 PM
    Are they on the device or your sd card?

Have you tried moving it to your pc and have a look?

Don't use BBW for music, so I have no idea but am curious.
    09-29-13 10:31 PM
    Screen shot please.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 10:50 PM
    Duplicate songs on album download-img_00000001.png

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 01:45 AM
    All my songs are stored on my sd card. I connected my phone to my computer and erased the album but it still shows up on my phone. I did a hard reset and it erased it but when I downloaded the album again, the same thing happened.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 01:47 AM
    All my songs are stored on my sd card. I connected my phone to my computer and erased the album but it still shows up on my phone. I did a hard reset and it erased it but when I downloaded the album again, the same thing happened.

Posted via CB10
    So it's gotta be a bug with BBW. Can you move to your pc, edit it and then move it back after you reset your phone.
    09-30-13 02:09 AM
    Look at the properties for a song and then the duplicate's, are they stored in the same place?

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 09:07 AM
    Hi, I have the same problem as you, not with the songs or albums from bbw but with any kind of music I've inserted from my PC. Double songs, mixed albums and the worst of all... I select a rock song and instead of it, it plays a classic one that was named as the rock one. Sorry for my English, I hope you understand.
    09-30-13 09:28 AM
    I select a rock song and instead of it, it plays a classic one that was named as the rock one. Sorry for my English, I hope you understand.
    Tagged wrong for the Genre. You need a tag editor to fix that.
    09-30-13 09:39 AM
    Tagged wrong for the Genre. You need a tag editor to fix that.
    You know, after I transferred all the songs in my sd card , I marked them all and then changed their properties like ,genre, album ,as I thought it was better for the player to read/find them when they are well organised !!

Where to find a tag editor??
    09-30-13 10:07 AM
    You know, after I transferred all the songs in my sd card , I marked them all and then changed their properties like ,genre, album ,as I thought it was better for the player to read/find them when they are well organised !!

Where to find a tag editor??
    I use this one.

Mp3tag - the universal Tag Editor (ID3v2, MP4, OGG, FLAC, ...)

I dragged and dropped 465 albums, after editing most to my liking, with no trouble.

Duplicate songs on album download-music.jpg
    Last edited by frfghtr; 09-30-13 at 10:21 AM. Reason: added pic
    09-30-13 10:12 AM
    I have the exact same problem with the same KoL album. Did you find a fix?

Thanks
    10-08-13 09:49 AM
    I use this one.

Mp3tag - the universal Tag Editor (ID3v2, MP4, OGG, FLAC, ...)

I dragged and dropped 465 albums, after editing most to my liking, with no trouble.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	music.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	206496

To tell you the truth, I've downloaded but then I had a warning for viruses and 3 other applications were installed on my PC. Then I had to delete them all.

I use BBLINK that works fine for th moment but the songs in the folders are not in order.
    10-09-13 07:05 AM
    Same problem. I only have about 400 songs. I used the Select More option and deleted the extras. Doing it this way has a problem in that it can only handle a limited quantity and then it releases the selections so do the Delete every 30 songs or so.
    10-09-13 10:56 AM
    To tell you the truth, I've downloaded but then I had a warning for viruses and 3 other applications were installed on my PC. Then I had to delete them all.

I use BBLINK that works fine for th moment but the songs in the folders are not in order.
    Something must have changed. I've had it on my computer for years.

I know some sites want to take over your browser with search engines and crap. Good thing you did't bother. Maybe Cnet or some other site has it.
    10-09-13 11:05 AM
    I just recently came across this issue. Songs SHOW as duplicates, but in fact are different songs. Duplicate of track 1 is actually track 2, track 2 is actually track 3, dupe of 2 is track 4, etc. I thought it was tags but when I open the folder on my PC, everything is correct, including the id3 tags. Ever find a solution?
    10-23-13 05:44 PM
    Further to this I was unable to fix the issue under OS 10.1 but upon upgrading to 10.2 the issue is solved. The duplicates are now gone.
    10-26-13 10:53 AM
    The last time I've transferred song was back in the 10.1 era!! I couldn't find a solution then so I deleted all and I re-transfered them with the help of Link. No double songs. Very nice.
    Now with the 10.2 I have to transfer some new songs to see the difference.
    10-26-13 11:21 AM