Ugh my duplicate contacts are back, I deleted all my contacts, restored it from my Gmail, it brought back single texts and now duplicates are back, what gives

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    04-10-13 09:00 PM
    Duplicate ya say?........some of mine are triple, count yourself lucky....lol.
    sheeraz_aa and Zirak like this.
    04-10-13 09:10 PM
    This is probably the biggest issue the Z10 has and I hope a fix comes our way soon. It's a gamble every time I use a contact sometimes they are there and sometimes not! Go figure!

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 09:16 PM
    yeah same here...another little bug that can be corrected..
    04-10-13 09:16 PM
    I noticed a few of mine duplicated. I don't know what is preventing the whole bunch from breeding this time, but it was just a fraction.

Another thing. Did you notice some contacts going with a Disquis/OpenID Gravatar tag to their avatars?
    04-10-13 09:22 PM
    Yep....same here. Can't wait for BB to issue a fix for this. The upside is, it's prompting me to switch to Outlook. If this is really Google's doing, Google is making it real easy to make the jump over.
    04-10-13 10:00 PM
    Yep....same here. Can't wait for BB to issue a fix for this. The upside is, it's prompting me to switch to Outlook. If this is really Google's doing, Google is making it real easy to make the jump over.
    I was sure it was Google before, but not so much now... The gravatar avatars that recently popped on my contacts made me consider this as a possible fluke on BlackBerry's social information miner...

Never the less... I have a brand new outlook.com account on standby...
    04-10-13 10:04 PM
    Yeah in addition to being duplicated some of my contacts don't even have the phone numbers within them. Only issue I haven't been able to figure out. I'm sure future updates will fix this. In the meantime gotta back up all contacts.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 10:09 PM
    Mine are duplicating and triplicating and doing all sorts of other backbending tricks! Some are getting the last names put into the first names box, others have phone numbers listed twice, or listed in the wrong place (mobile vs. home vs. work), while others are not even my contacts! Seriously, I have deleted a couple of entries with phone numbers that I don't have any idea where they came from. I go through them and delete the extras, edit them to correct the name and phone number placements and by the time I am done going through my entire list many have mysteriously changed again! And not only is this a huge problem on my phone, but the contacts are transferred this way to my car's phonebook via bluetooth! I can't keep up. When I first set up my accounts I did have my contacts syncing with my gmail account, but I deleted the gmail contacts and calendar accounts right away when I noticed this happening and yet it's still happening despite removing them.
    04-10-13 10:17 PM
    This is ridiculous. How this isn't patched yet is befuddling.
    04-10-13 10:26 PM
    I dealt with a similar issue that I may be able to help with. First of all, are the duplicate contacts only showing phone numbers? I noticed I was getting duplicates of my contacts from my SIM so this is what I did:
    First, linked the contacts, so that those that were on FB/Twitter etc. also had the mobile number linked.
    Went into Contacts>Settings (by swiping down) Saved all my contacts to the device.
    Then turned show SIM card contacts to off (this is in the same menu, but make sure you've saved your contacts).

Basically when the device restarts since the mobile numbers aren't saved to that profile with the social media info to it, the SIM is re recognized and the contacts are displayed separately. All previous linking of SIM info to device is reset
    Hope I made sense and that this works
    04-10-13 10:43 PM
    I'm having the same problem nothing but duplicates, it's really annoying not sure what's going on.

I did get rid of my contact synching email, re synced them and they came back not duplicate, but after a day or so they just came back again so it was only a temp fix.

BlackBerry really needs to fix this super annoying bug

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 11:02 PM
    Had the phone since February 5th and only had a minor issue with contacts at first set up. After the 2nd day figured it out and it's been smooth sailing since.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 11:03 PM
    Had the phone since February 5th and only had a minor issue with contacts at first set up. After the 2nd day figured it out and it's been smooth sailing since.

Posted via CB10
    Go to one of your contacts and edit it, like adding or changing something. Just change the ringtone, and look what happens...
    04-10-13 11:05 PM
    Open a contact from the contact app. Click links, click add, search for the same contact, click it hit save. Everything is combined.

Posted from my Z10
    04-10-13 11:08 PM
    Go to one of your contacts and edit it, like adding or changing something. Just change the ringtone, and look what happens...
    I have done this before and no issues. Update contacts with additional and changed some current information with no problems.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 11:17 PM
    I have done this before and no issues. Update contacts with additional and changed some current information with no problems.

Posted via CB10
    Did you reboot the phone since? That usually messes it up for certain.
    Like for example I have a contact that has the following links: FB, Outlook, Local and SIM. I make a change to the contact, like changing the ring tone or phone number and hit save and the dang thing starts un linking usually the SIM link first and puts first and last name into the first name line. So i correct it in the SIM link and re link everything. Sometimes it works, but sometimes then deletes the Outlook link.
    In the event it worked, it is usually fine until the phone gets rebooted. Then everything is unlinked again. Best way for me is to delete the contact and enter from scratch. I've been doing this the past two weeks to make this contact link mess stick. I am getting sick of this nonsense...
    04-11-13 08:23 AM
    Same situation with multiple contacts.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 08:27 AM
    Here is how BB technical support solved my duplicate and triplicate issues.

I have over 4000 contacts from Gmail, Outlook 2003 and Outlook.com. BB stated that they have found the solution is to add one new account at a time, wait until it fully syncs, then turn off both network and wireless connections. Wait a little bit then, turn the network connection back on and add the next account. I did this, and waited about 20 minutes after turning the network connection back on before adding the next account. I also added a step of turning off the phone after turning off the network connection. These steps solved my duplicating contacts several days ago.

Regretfully, I had to do a security wipe to start this process. But as resistant as I was to do that, I was able to get the problem solved in a few hours while still being productive at work.

Hope that helps someone.
    04-11-13 11:03 AM
    Thanks AuburnTiger, that sounds sufficiently onerous to be in the fine tradition of sadistic workarounds for BB bugs! But with all the syncing going on my desktop contacts are also sprawling messes as well. I was thinking about taking one master mess, deleting every other contact list, wading through the master mess and then station-to-station, syncing out the cleaned up master contacts. Still unsure of how to stop the trebling, though, even after all that work.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 11:30 AM
    Duplicates started showing up on my z10 this morning again? It has been fine the last few days and now they are here again. My desktop account is fine and shows no duplicates, so this definitely sounds like an OS10 or GMail sync issue and needs to be resolved ASAP.

I get tired of hearing folks tell me " be patient it will be fixed"? BS, this is the type of fixes that need to be rolling out on a weekly basis until they are resolved. The whole reason folks buy a Blackberry in the first place is email and messaging, unless I missed the point?
    04-11-13 11:53 AM
    I saw the same duplicate issue with my Yahoo contacts. I removed the account, added it again without contacts. Then proceeded to sync iCloud contacts (the same contacts) through cardDav. Everything has been good for a week now.
    04-11-13 12:01 PM
    I had a yahoo account and the contacts were duplicating. Dropped yahoo and went gmail(for other reasons) and still doing it.
    04-11-13 05:36 PM
    The short term shame of it is that but for the trebling, the Hub is better at managing my varied contacts than any other device or program. And the link contacts option works without the slowness of deleting contacts. BB isn't far off from nailing it.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 01:07 AM
    I haven't had any issues with duplicate contacts since I deleted Gmail contacts in account setup then readded my Gmail account with contacts only. Working great do far, a little over a week now

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 01:10 AM
71 123