Dumb question but Gorilla glass?
Would these devices use it? I have it on my s3 and have to say it's amazing I don't even need a screen protector and it just feels nice no smudges.
Would any bb10 device use it or is it patented to someone else?
- CrackBerry Abuser
11-27-2012, 09:17 PM #5
- 372 Posts
Its an interesting question.
I don't think there is a functional reason why RIM couldn't add gorilla glass to the new phone, but if they will... Who can say? I agree it would be just awesome if they did, its one of those things that adds value in a non-obvious way. Maybe you wouldn't care too much when you just got the phone, but 6 months later it can make ALL the difference.
- 11-27-2012, 09:36 PM #6
Gorilla glass 2 in the lumia 920 and HTC 8x doesn't seem to be as durable as the original Gorilla glass,,,,there are plenty of reports of screen being easily scratched,,,even the display model of the 8x was extremely scratched after the 1 day of having it,,,the staff scrathced it themselves by spinning the phone around face down and it left swirl like scratch marks.
- 11-29-2012, 02:29 PM #8
I don't use cases or screen protectors. I guess only irresponsible people need them??? Jk! Kinda. I always sell my naked devices for full price too. Anyways, I think it should have it regardless because its nice to have glass and not plastic. There's also lotus glass or something like that which is better? I forgot the details on lotus but glass is still nice either way... Unless they choose to go with TranspariSteel. Now that would be nice and ahead of the "curve..".
*Boodoom badoom choo!* - drums
- By dunerzr in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 0Last Post: 11-22-2008, 10:15 PM
- By rbyers in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 2Last Post: 10-31-2008, 07:48 AM
- By jackie treehorn in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 8Last Post: 03-20-2008, 07:11 PM
- By bnr4566 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 02-24-2008, 10:11 PM
- By mharvey1 in forum BlackBerry 8830 WEReplies: 14Last Post: 01-29-2008, 08:56 PM