Why could they not have coded BBM so we could call the contact right from the chat window, like in OS7? I can only do that through the HUB when clicking on BBM contacts there, not from within a chat or when I access BBM through the desktop icon...how dumb and unproductive is that on a touchscreen phone???
    02-10-13 04:09 PM
    Do you mean a BBM Voice Chat call? Because you can make those right from the BBM app - just press and hold a contact until a menu appears, then press Start Voice Chat. The option is also there in a chat, in the top-right corner.
    02-10-13 04:11 PM
    Actually you can. If you tap the top of the chat, the blue bar at the top where the name and picture is, then at the bottom of the next screen you can open his profile in contacts, then call from there.
    FBA likes this.
    02-10-13 04:13 PM
    Yes, but for some reason, clicking on the blue bar doesn't always give me the contacts button below...that's another issue altogether, but thanks for the help!
    02-10-13 04:24 PM
    Yes, but for some reason, clicking on the blue bar doesn't always give me the contacts button below...that's another issue altogether, but thanks for the help!
    Do you have that person's information then? If you don't have their number saved in contacts, then regardless of BB10 or any legacy OS, you wouldn't be able to call anyway. That was one of the great things I liked about BBM. I could give my pin to someone and not worry about them ever having my number.
    FBA likes this.
    02-10-13 04:31 PM
    I can start the voice chat from the chat Window by touching the green chat icon at the top

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-10-13 04:43 PM
    I can start the voice chat from the chat Window by touching the green chat icon at the top

I think he was talking about a phone call, not the BBMV service..... at least that's what I was getting from it though.
    02-10-13 04:48 PM
    Maybe the person you are trying to contact is still OS 7.1 and not on wifi?

02-10-13 05:06 PM
    Do you have that person's information then? If you don't have their number saved in contacts, then regardless of BB10 or any legacy OS, you wouldn't be able to call anyway. That was one of the great things I liked about BBM. I could give my pin to someone and not worry about them ever having my number.
    Yup, it took a bit of doing, but I got all of my contacts linked today. That in itself was a PITA, as it didn't work after I linked them, until I restarted the phone...LOL
    cjcampbell likes this.
    02-10-13 05:13 PM