I really love Blackberry 10 OS but I sometimes miss Android apps so I was thinking if it's possible for dual boot it with Android

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 05:39 AM
    Given the security focus of the company and OS, I think you are more likely to see pigs fly.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG and Dzyen like this.
    05-05-13 06:34 AM
    android needs gaming PC quality specs to run things like notepads and cameras, I doubt the Z10 specs would do this without crashing anyways. Android is a hardware hog.
    05-05-13 06:46 AM
    android needs gaming PC quality specs to run things like notepads and cameras, I doubt the Z10 specs would do this without crashing anyways. Android is a hardware hog.
    BBRY should get on those PC specs. It could fix the reboots and might power the email client past 30 days.

Hyperbole aside OP, I doubt it'll happen, but you never know.
    05-05-13 07:11 AM
    Encrypted checksum loader..... probably never will be rooted.... Unlike the loader on Android which when hacked allows you duo boot capabilities... then you need coders to adapt Android to the device..... good luck with that... better off buying and Android device... or have patience as BB 10 is a first gen device unlike Android or Apple....
    05-05-13 07:53 AM
    I really love Blackberry 10 OS but I sometimes miss Android apps so I was thinking if it's possible for dual boot it with Android

Posted via CB10
    No.

Tim

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    05-05-13 07:53 AM
    No its not impossible, but due to security of the OS your unable to do so at the present time unless you work for BlackBerry and programming the os.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    05-05-13 09:20 AM
    The only option is running apps in the Android player.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 12:51 PM
    BBRY should get on those PC specs. It could fix the reboots and might power the email client past 30 days.

Hyperbole aside OP, I doubt it'll happen, but you never know.
    My phone has never had one reboot, so don't make it like it's a z10 thing, I can sone any threads about the iPhone 5, and countless androids rebooting, doesn't mean it's every device. Also on 10.1 I have forever and 90 day email. So your statement is invalid.

Posted via CB10
    Hassan Hbk and Camelhmpz like this.
    05-05-13 12:54 PM
    I guess I am the OP's evil twin, because I would love a TWRP/CWM/Odin/Terminal flashable BB10 port for an Android handset. I would go buy back my HTC One or keep this S4 and live a decadent mobile existence with the best OS on the best hardware. I would gladly be the first BlackBerry mutant/Morlock. Screw Android.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    05-05-13 01:03 PM
    My phone has never had one reboot, so don't make it like it's a z10 thing, I can sone any threads about the iPhone 5, and countless androids rebooting, doesn't mean it's every device. Also on 10.1 I have forever and 90 day email. So your statement is invalid.

Posted via CB10
    It was completely invalid. It was a silly statement. I all but said as much.

If you read it again, you may get my point.
    05-05-13 01:10 PM
    I guess I am the OP's evil twin, because I would love a TWRP/CWM/Odin/Terminal flashable BB10 port for an Android handset. I would go buy back my HTC One or keep this S4 and live a decadent mobile existence with the best OS on the best hardware. I would gladly be the first BlackBerry mutant/Morlock. Screw Android.

Ah... another tinkerer!

Would be fun. I practically live via Team Win, so I'd love to see something like TWRP too.

We can dream...
    05-05-13 01:13 PM
    Ah... another tinkerer!

Would be fun. I practically live via Team Win, so I'd love to see something like TWRP too.

We can dream...
    Yeah, I have migrated their way after giving Koush all my money for a couple of years. I like to play, soft bricks and all.

05-05-13 01:17 PM
    Yeah, I have migrated their way after giving Koush all my money for a couple of years. I like to play, soft bricks and all.

It's a good testament for the Z10 when a power user like yourself is satisfied with it.
    05-05-13 01:18 PM
    It's a good testament for the Z10 when s power user like yourself ids satisfied with it.
    Thanks, and I reciprocate that sentiment. It's far from perfect, but I do love the OS. I don't hate Android, but I would like to see it polished a lot more. Now give me BB10 with Android OEM flagship hardware,
    and life will be good.

05-05-13 01:27 PM
    Thanks, and I reciprocate that sentiment. It's far from perfect, but I do love the OS. I don't hate Android, but I would like to see it polished a lot more. Now give me BB10 with Android OEM flagship hardware,
    and life will be good.

Were you a heavy app user? If so, how has the switch been?

I use stuff like Tasker, Titanium and Google suite a lot, which makes BB10 a tough proposition as a daily driver for me currently.
    05-05-13 01:31 PM
    Were you a heavy app user? If so, how has the switch been?

I use stuff like Tasker, Titanium and Google suite a lot, which makes BB10 a tough proposition as a daily driver for me currently.
    Not terribly, although my backups were rather bloated with a ton of apps I rarely used (My utility belt). I abandoned Titanium while it wasn't being updated, but just went back recently. Still haven't used Carbon/Helium, but I plan on trying it soon.

I'm not going to lie, I have sideloaded a few Android apps on my Z10, and while they aren't perfect, they work well enough. I actually prefer the Android ESPN ScoreCenter over the BB10 version. If you are heavily invested in the Gapps, though, the transition is a little more difficult.

Tre Lawrence likes this.
    05-05-13 01:56 PM
    Wow I didn't expect so many replies, thanks for the feedback. Maybe in the near future, somebody will figure out how to do it

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 03:45 PM