I know this sorta sounds like a stupid question, but is your phone supposed to reboot after you drop it? I accidentally dropped my phone and I noticed that it started to reboot. So I dropped it on purpose, and it rebooted again. I'm using stl100-3 and 10.2.0.1047. I don't know if the problem is hardware or software. Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 02:55 AM
    Some people have had issues with a loose battery.
    Take it out and reinstall it. Or try a different battery.
    08-08-13 03:17 AM
    its a hardware problem, i think the batteries are loose, mine always reboots even when it bumps something slightly, its. very annoying, been thinking of taking it back...

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 03:29 AM
    its a hardware problem, i think the batteries are loose, mine always reboots even when it bumps something slightly, its. very annoying, been thinking of taking it back... mine is an STL100-1 running 10.1.0.4181

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 03:30 AM
    Why do you throw with your phone?

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 04:15 AM
    I know this sorta sounds like a stupid question, but is your phone supposed to reboot after you drop it? I accidentally dropped my phone and I noticed that it started to reboot. So I dropped it on purpose, and it rebooted again. I'm using stl100-3 and 10.2.0.1047. I don't know if the problem is hardware or software. Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    why would you throw your phone around in the first place? its a mini computer in there...
    08-08-13 08:58 AM
    As others have pointed out, some batteries are a bit loose. I have two, one us fine the other is not. It's hard to tell because they are not obviously loose. However, if you take a small strip of paper folded about 3 times and place it at the bottom of the battery when you insert it (ie leave it in the phone so it very slightly pushes the battery tighter against the contact pins at the top) you won't have that problem any more.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 09:17 AM
    If throwing your phone for distance is what you desire, may I suggest the Olympic Discus method. Get low, croutch, spin twice and release on your off foot. You should easily get 150 feet. Remember...practice, practice, practice! LOL.

Hey, I suggest a small investment in a protective skin. I dropped my "Vader Black" Z from the 2nd floor of my home (on carpet) and it rebooted and works fine ever since. I have a black skin that protects the edges.

Go BB!
    Undbiter65 likes this.
    08-08-13 09:26 AM
    - When you drop a phone, you can disrupt the circuitry of the device, as well as cause hardware damage from the impact (which begs the real question... why in the world would you drop it again?... silly).

Example:
    - Battery connector from device makes contact via "spring-like" connectors. When you drop a device, it can temporary disrupt this connection which essentially is like a quick battery pull.

- personal opinion, personal analysis.

hope that helps.
    08-08-13 09:36 AM
    Dropping scrambles the bits of data and the reboot gets them flowing again. !

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 10:15 AM
    As others have pointed out, some batteries are a bit loose. I have two, one us fine the other is not. It's hard to tell because they are not obviously loose. However, if you take a small strip of paper folded about 3 times and place it at the bottom of the battery when you insert it (ie leave it in the phone so it very slightly pushes the battery tighter against the contact pins at the top) you won't have that problem any more.

Posted via CB10
    +1 this is an old school tip! I used to do this all the time with flip phones back in the day when working in the Bell store. Customers would come in complaining about there phones shutting off and as soon as they would show me, I'd fix them right up!

Posted via CB10 using a Z10
    08-08-13 10:20 AM
    I threw mine across the grass one drunken day and it didn't reboot. Lol

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    08-08-13 10:21 AM
    Or better yet, Not Dropping phone = No Reboot.
    08-08-13 10:21 AM
    I didn't throw it, and I had an otterbox on it. I dropped from about 2 feet. Sorry if I offended people by dropping such a beautiful phone.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 10:57 AM
    its a hardware problem, i think the batteries are loose, mine always reboots even when it bumps something slightly, its. very annoying, been thinking of taking it back... mine is an STL100-1 running 10.1.0.4181
    Slide a little but of paper on the opposite side of the contacts of your battery. Create a wedge that'll keep it in place.

^^ To above poster. Haha, don't worry, I think people here are just super enthusiastic about their phones and live them. No need to apologize but enjoy your Z
    08-08-13 11:23 AM