Only dropped it off the side of my bed which is pretty low as it is, also have a Transform Shell for extra protection! Seem to be looking after my Z10 better than all my other previous BlackBerry's.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 05:11 PM
    Yh i dropped mine once about mid Feb it fell on top of my Ipad mini and the plastic area front of the phone in which holds the LDC chipped slightly in the middle I was annoyed for weeks tbh I still am it was before I purchased the leather holster for it god I'm kicking myself for not buying that the day I got my z10

Posted on CB10 via Z10
    03-23-13 05:16 PM
    I dropped mine afterv having it for a month. Tried to catch but made it worse. Ended up with a small dent but the worst was yet to come. After a week the speaker became extremely fuzzy and eventually i couldnt make out anything. Had to send it out for repair. Was out for a week. Good thing was that it came back fixed and they must have changed the housing cause the dent is gone.
    03-23-13 05:17 PM
    I dropped it t the gym from an elepticial machine onto the concrete, the earplugs got stuck in something and it went flying onto a concrete floor, the back cover came off, but no scratches one little dog, not visible. I was very impressed..

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 05:20 PM
    ....waiting on the "knocked off the sink, fell into the Toilet" post. So I can say someone got PP on their BB again! LOL!

See this is why my defender case went immediately on as soon as I bought it.
    travaz likes this.
    03-23-13 05:37 PM
    Mine rarely leaves it case.
    The z10's so light I am much more careful with it then I was with my Torch or curve.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 05:41 PM
    I knocked mines off my chair handle and it fell on the carpeted floor. Not a scratch. I ordered a hard case from Crackberry store so it'll be safe if I drop outside of my home.
    03-23-13 08:36 PM
    wow,, there are so many drops already..

I think everyone will agree when I say that we do have a good solid phone..
    I mean so far we have like almost 40 drops on this single thread and none reporting any broken screen or excessive damage..

Have to give to BlackBerry for producing a solid phone..
    ZEDTROSPEKTIV likes this.
    03-23-13 08:40 PM
    I knocked mines off my chair handle and it fell on the carpeted floor. Not a scratch. I ordered a hard case from Crackberry store so it'll be safe if I drop outside of my home.
    Yeah I too decided that I will keep it inside the case.. Better to be safe than sorry..
    03-23-13 08:42 PM
    I do have to admit...when I'm on the couch or in bed (somewhere it can't fall or be dropped on a hard surface), I like to go commando with it. Her smooth lines and curves feel so good in my hands.

Then when I'm done, it's back in the case she goes!
    tatail likes this.
    03-23-13 08:56 PM
    Thankfully, the only action this white stallion has seen is carpet! I have a transform case on it now, for what I feel is a good balance of functionality and protection.

Posted via CB10 using a Z10
    03-23-13 09:14 PM
    Dropped mine this morning for the first time. Took it off the night stand and it slipped from my hand. Went to catch it and ended up pushing it into the tile floor. Cringed and did the omg stare. I have an Otterbox on it with a screen protector under that. The Otterbox lifted the screen protector but that's all. Seems fully functional still. I am super careful with all my devices. Really glad I had the otterbox on it even though it is a bit bulky. Mine spends all its time in its case. However I do agree it is very sexy in the buff! Props go to BlackBerry for building a durable device.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 09:57 PM
    Encouraging yes, and a large enough sample size for me to make the screen protector a priority. Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 09:59 PM
    Dropped mine half a dozen times onto tile and laminate floors. Fortunately never face down. But not even a scratch on it. Woohoo!!!!! I love this phone!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 10:22 PM
    So afraid of dropping mine (or my toddler getting it).

Toddler regularly plays with an old 8900 and hubby's 9900 they get dropped on carpet, laminate and ceramic and dropped (or thrown lol) down the stairs. Every function still works.

Worst I have done so far is to drop it off the nightstand onto carpet.

I have the transform case. Would love something flashier but since I got her Feb 5 and this was about all you could get... also have a screen protector.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 10:30 PM
    My z10 stays in a case with a screen protector as well. I've dropped it twice already and thank God for that case. It took the beating of the fall. It stays in that case all the time. I want my z10 to be like new condition no scratches or dents. This is "MY PRECIOUSSSSSSSSSSSSSS"

Posted via CB10 from my Awesome Z10
    03-23-13 10:31 PM
    Reading this thread makes me hug on my phone.. I gotta buy the transform case for it ASAP
    Tomas Carrillo likes this.
    03-23-13 10:34 PM
    Dropped it three times within the first 2 weeks of owning it haha but it's ok.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 10:52 PM
    I do have to admit...when I'm on the couch or in bed (somewhere it can't fall or be dropped on a hard surface), I like to go commando with it. Her smooth lines and curves feel so good in my hands.

You and I we have something in common.. specially I love how the Z10 feels in the hand..
    Right now it is off the case and i am just playing with it, but I will definitely put it back in as soon as I feel I am going somewhere..
    vagos2006 likes this.
    03-23-13 11:19 PM

You guys are hilarious. Enjoy the fine lines and curves. Lol! I love this post.

Posted via CB10 from my Awesome Z10
    anon(375378) likes this.
    03-23-13 11:36 PM
    Mine fell off the bed this morning onto the hardwood floor. It thankfully survived.

Posted via CB10 from my Zed
    BerryWife likes this.
    03-23-13 11:58 PM
    Dropped mine in apple store on holidays. One way to get your new Blackberry Z10 noticed by the opposition. Was so surprised that didn't even have a scratch, but my blood pressure took a few seconds to recover.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 03:39 AM
    dropped once no damage... however, somehow along the way, I've gotten two small dents in the plastic screen casing, one on each side, left above charger port and right by the volume keys... wondering if the LED housing is softer plastic?
    03-25-13 09:08 AM
    A few "Omg" moments for me also.

A tiny nick from it falling off the couch to my hardwood floor.

Honestly thought I'd have to put it down after an accident this weekend. Was at a bar, took it out to take a pic...so as I usually do, I'm holding the phone with my thumb and index finger on each hand.

Someone near me was having a conversation with their arms flailing- he hit the phone and it actually flew outta my hands across the bar, off a bottle or two and landed behind the bar.

After the bar tender managed to track it down.... i couldn't believe there wasn't any damage at all. not even a scratch.

Definitely made my stomach sink for a few moments.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    03-25-13 09:18 AM
    Dropped a bowl on it... smashed the **** out of it. The lcd appears in tact... but the touch screen doesn't funtion at all.
    A replacement device will arrive tomorrow. I'll repair the other one when replacement prices come down a bit and availability improves.

They are not stoneware resistant.
    Bill
    03-25-13 10:09 AM
54 123