Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    24C78889
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Cool Dropped my Z10 :(, who else has?

So just about an hour ago I had my phone with me in the bathroom, for some freakish reason I can't part from it, and I put on the sink and managed to hit it with my waist off the sink onto the marble floor..
    It made a pretty solid noise when hitting the floor..

AHHHH,, I couldn't dare to left it up, I was just staring at it and convening myself that nothing has happened to it..

Eventually, I left it up and I was SHOCKED (surprisingly), NOT a single scratch, not a single dent..

Has anyone else suffered this heart attack and has survived?
    CrackBerry Addict

I have survived a fall too, it was scary although on mine just a dent on the corner, I can live with it but I know it will bother me. Oh well **** happens in life.

Wagwan.
    CrackBerry Genius

Yeah getting out of my truck it fell out of my pocket on to pavement. No damage, thank god!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,391 Global Posts

Never will it fall from my grip! But just in case it does I have it in a Poetic slimbook wallet case.
    sosof likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    24C78889
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

@playbookster you are very lucky to have survived pavement..

Shortly after it happened to me, I went on youtube and searched for drop tests on Z10 and pavement was one thing the phone didn't do well on..
    CrackBerry Abuser

Mine has a tiny battle scar (as I like to call it) on the corner.

I don't mind it. Makes me love the phone even more.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    24C78889
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

I also have one of the original BlackBerry wallet case if you call it.. but I just don't like the feel of it..

I like how phone without the cover feels in my hand..
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    827 Global Posts

I've dropped every blackberry I've owned, including this zed ten. I'm pretty blas about it now. I've done more damage to the surfaces dropped on rather than to the BlackBerrys.

Posted via CB10
    There are 10 types of people in the world: those that understand Binary, those that don't, and those that don't expect this signature to be in base 3.
    Thanked by:
    psparks (03-23-2013) 
    tatail, CDM76 and jerryeight like this.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Quote Originally Posted by tatail View Post
    @playbookster you are very lucky to have survived pavement..

Shortly after it happened to me, I went on youtube and searched for drop tests on Z10 and pavement was one thing the phone didn't do well on..
    drop tests like that one aren't really accurate though, generally all drop tests are done from around 6ft like in that video you talk about, but the reality is most drops occur at waist height when getting your phone out your pocket or some such action. granted its still relevant, but most people don't drop the phone while talking on it, they drop it from waist height.

Thorsten said ZED 10. deal with it
    My Apps in BlackBerry World
    My Platinum 9900

For all my themes - BBThemes.co.uk and follow me on @BBThemes1
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    24CBF32E

Dropped it twice, first time in the bathroom and second time in the kitchen... still alive haha like wtf
    CrackBerry Abuser

3 or 4 drops so far, they have been minor however I am not confident in any phones ability to survive continued abuse without a rugged case so I still cringe every time.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10!
    Every time someone posts about the lack Netflix and Instagram an Angel loses their wings...and dies... true story...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Dropped mine yesterday from a locker at higher than waist height, onto a cement floor. Did the same 5 second omg what have I done look before i picked it up Nd lo and behold not a single mark that would indicate that I had dropped it. Disaster averted.

Posted via CB10
    bb z10 + PB
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    24C78889
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

Quote Originally Posted by BBThemes View Post
    drop tests like that one aren't really accurate though, generally all drop tests are done from around 6ft like in that video you talk about, but the reality is most drops occur at waist height when getting your phone out your pocket or some such action. granted its still relevant, but most people don't drop the phone while talking on it, they drop it from waist height.
    To some extend you are right the drop mostly happens at waist height but I have seen phone fall off peoples hand while talking..
    That video just gives the user the confidence that his/her phone is actually strong withstand a fall from that height.. Or in Z10 case more pressure to take care of the phone even more..
    CrackBerry Addict

it was raining heavily one night, so i stood in the street under a canopy and was texting someone, suddenly I felt a massive drop of water land on my Z10, on the screen and where the volume buttons are, the water must of been building up on the canopy, i ran indoors and carefuly dried it all up, luckily no damage.
    CrackBerry User

Dropped mine on the pavement. It fell badly on one corner which resulted in a dent. The other corners not to be outdone, the phone decided to do cartwheels until all four corners had dents and scratches. Good thing I was about to get the phone replaced for faulty wifi, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to live with a beat-up week-old Z10.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    24C78889
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

So far what i am reading is very confidence boosting..

I mean the phone feels pretty solid.. I had dropped my previous phone, after 9780, Galaxy Nexus and dropped it from about the same height but boy that thing had like 4 dents on it..
    Three of them were light dents but one was pretty dense..
    Thanked by:
    BerryWife (03-23-2013) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,722 Global Posts
    PIN
    BBM & Kik (ask)

I knocked it off of my nightstand. Luckily, it landed on carpet. I immediately bought a case for it.

Posted via CB10
    RuneCryption - Unique memory game for PlayBook & BB10, now "Built for BlackBerry".
    CrackBerry User

No falls allowed...

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Mind too! I've dropped 3 times on wet bathroom tiles with face down all 3 times, in the tiles of the house, on the carpet and on the stairs knocking it twice and really no scratches or anything on the exterior of the Z10 and has been working superbly! It's an amazing phone I must say as it is very stable and durable.

PS I don't have a screen protector or a sleeve or a protective pouch or cover and works amazingly even after the drops while I was getting used to its size and all

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    948 Global Posts

I almost had a repeat of my nightmare 9810 disaster... almost home with my z10 so I didn't pocket it... then as I swing my arms, my hand hits my leg awkwardly and almost sends it flying... but I did drop it in my porcelain tile floor but it bounced nicely with no serious impact (no pun intended) aside from a nick along the edge... still looking for a reasonably inexpensive sleeve style case...

Posted via CB10
    I was tapering off. I'm all tapered out now.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    427 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tatail View Post
    So just about an hour ago I had my phone with me in the bathroom, for some freakish reason I can't part from it, and I put on the sink and managed to hit it with my waist off the sink onto the marble floor..
    It made a pretty solid noise when hitting the floor..

AHHHH,, I couldn't dare to left it up, I was just staring at it and convening myself that nothing has happened to it..

Eventually, I left it up and I was SHOCKED (surprisingly), NOT a single scratch, not a single dent..

Has anyone else suffered this heart attack and has survived?
    LOL I know that feeling. *Knock something down, proceed to stare at it as if it were magically going to un-break itself*
    Thanked by:
    Marvin-13 (03-23-2013) 
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,163 Global Posts

Dropped mine in a parking lot last weekend.
    Little dent on the corner. And yes, I did the 5 second, 'oh please don't be broken!' stare.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dropped my Z10 :(, who else has?-img_00000119.jpg  
    Power corrupts. Knowledge is power.
    Study hard. Be evil.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Went ice climbing with my son this morning, and on the last climb out I wanted to snap pic of him finishing the route so took my Z10 out of my backpack and into my jacket pocket. Somehow I must have bumped it out while belaying - insert slow motion curse as I see it airborne and then crashing/tumbling across the ice and rock at the bottom of the climb ~25m/75ft below. Lowered my son to retrieve it, brought up and nothing but a small scratch on the top, fully functional. Very surprised given the height, but it was in a leather holster, and was likely cushioned somewhat by snow/ice. I've dropped many BBs over the last 13years, and only one didn't survive. They have amazing build quality, 2nd to none. In comparison, I've replaced my wife's iPhone screen 3 times in as many years...
    CrackBerry Addict

Oh yes... As a partner of BlackBerry I retrieved the first unit in Denmark. Same day I left for BB Jam in Amsterdam where I dropped it on the tilefloor in the elevator. My heart stopped for a second, but then I remembered "Hey - It's a BlackBerry and not an iPhone".

Not a scratch - just working!

/JP
    CrackBerry User

Less than 8 hours after unboxing I dropped it and took a small chip off the corner. Now i have an incipio dual layer case and screen protector, very similar to otterbox commuter series. Really like this case now.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast