So, I was walking to work, and I was listening to music on my z10. When I went to slip it back into my pocket, I missed, and it fell on to the side walk, landing quite hard on its bottom edge...
    After it bounced once and came to rest, I reached down to pick it up, only to find that the screen was completely intact! Aside from some scratches and small indentations on the plastic housing, and a few minor abrasions on the battery door, my phone was fine.
    My question is... does anyone know where a good place to buy a new plastic housing is? I was looking at a couple websites, but I'm not quite sure what the specific name of the part is or what model.
    I have an STL 100-3, although I'm guessing that the exterior parts may be irrelevant.
    05-31-13 09:35 AM
    The part that really gets to me with you people is why you refuse to get a solid case for such an expensive device.

Now it dropped you will just find yourself shelling even more money to fix it. Makes no sense to me.

Posted via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK)
    05-31-13 09:51 AM
    Some of us don't like the bulk etc that comes along with cases. I also can care less if my phone looks perfect, I got it to use it and if I drop it and it breaks that's on me. As long as the screen doesn't break and it works like it should a few battle scars are unique.
    emtunc and EauRouge like this.
    05-31-13 09:59 AM
    The wife and I have Incipio cases on our Z10's and they work well. You can get them here on Crackberry. ShopCrackBerry - #1 Store for BlackBerry Accessories
    05-31-13 10:05 AM
    The part that really gets to me with you people is why you refuse to get a solid case for such an expensive device.

Now it dropped you will just find yourself shelling even more money to fix it. Makes no sense to me.

Posted via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK)

I have rather small hands, so it's hard to find a case that doesn't significantly impede my ability to easily type with one hand. The keys on the side of the screen opposite my dominant thumb, while comfortably accessible without a case, become somewhat less easy to hit without adjusting the position of my hand, because of the bulk that most cases add and the width of the z10, which is just about approaching as big as I'd like to go, or could forsee going. In any event, there probably are cases that would work better than the one I bought with the phone, but, because most stores don't promote BlackBerry devices, they often have a minimal selection of accessories, and that means that, in most cases, I need to find them online, which also means that I cannot try it out before I purchase it. As a result, I'm more hesitant to order a new one than I would be if I could use it out ahead of time, and have yet to get a new one.
    Regardless, I'm not looking for advice relevant to how I treat my phone. Others may be more willing to spend money on their devices than you are or they may be more concerned with its aesthetic appearance or the way it feels in their hand. I understand that a case would have provided protection against the damages that my phone sustained, but I didn't complain that it received them or blame the phone, etc.
    I'm inquiring as to what the best way to replace the damaged piece is, not as to how I could have prevented the incident, or as to whether or not you understand or approve of the way I store/handle my device. With all due respect, if you're just going to share your opinion on how phones should be cared for, please start your own post; however, if you have any knowledge as to how I can fix the problems I already have or advice which is actually useful and relevant to the post, please share.
    bros3n likes this.
    05-31-13 10:24 AM
    I don't think it's worth changing the housing because it's part of the midplate that holds the circuitry of the Z10. Very risky and expensive move IMHO.

For blackberry Z10 MIDPLATE bezel housing, View midplate for z10, Product Details from Shenzhen Appleberry Technology Co., Ltd. on Alibaba.com

should have just gotten a light case as tw1g suggested
    05-31-13 10:24 AM
    Try amazon.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 10:25 AM
    I hate cases and refuse to use one, would you put a case on your car? a case on your watch? phones weren't designed to have an ugly bulky case on it..

as for the housing don't be discouraged, the z10 is one of the easiest phones to take apart.. I would look at eBay or truesupplier for the bezel
    05-31-13 10:30 AM
    ^ Well, you don't have your car going in an out of your hand all day. It doesn't travel in and out of your pocket, doesn't get placed on tables, chairs and countertops, and isn't easily breakable. It doesn't ever lift off the ground, and so you never have to worry about dropping it.

Your watch is attached to your wrist.

Your phone is different. I'd say that if you don't get a case, you are just tempting fate.

Replacing the housing instead of getting a case seems absurd. Get a Blackberry transform case and you'll find that the sides are left open.
    05-31-13 10:36 AM
    05-31-13 10:41 AM
    I don't think it's worth changing the housing because it's part of the midplate that holds the circuitry of the Z10. Very risky and expensive move IMHO.

For blackberry Z10 MIDPLATE bezel housing, View midplate for z10, Product Details from Shenzhen Appleberry Technology Co., Ltd. on Alibaba.com

should have just gotten a light case as tw1g suggested
    Perfect. Thank you!
    05-31-13 10:43 AM
    I keep my phone naked in a holster. Scarf I might drop it but I hate cases since it won't fit in my OEM BlackBerry Holster.

Toronto Maple Leafs Fan BBM Channel C0001D318
    05-31-13 10:45 AM
    Some people, such ad myself choose not to use cases. I want the vanilla Z10 experience. It was designed this way for a reason.

And to the OP, glad to hear your phone made it through! Sadly I don't know where you can get new housing

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 11:13 AM
    I hate cases and refuse to use one, would you put a case on your car? a case on your watch? phones weren't designed to have an ugly bulky case on it..

as for the housing don't be discouraged, the z10 is one of the easiest phones to take apart.. I would look at eBay or truesupplier for the bezel
    I don't know, once you crack open your phone and start replacing parts in it, it's no longer the same...
    05-31-13 12:33 PM
    at this moment IMO it will be really hard to find one, since it still kind of new and all, but I'm pretty sure it will be available on eBay or such within couple of month
    anyway, at least your Z10 is still fine bud, a friend of mine successfully crushed his poor 9900 within the first day he bought it a year ago.. drop it from his pocket while ride his bike.. you should be thankful
    05-31-13 12:35 PM
    This. I've always appreciated a solidly built phone that I don't have to treat like an infant. It actually might be one of the principle reasons I haven't gotten an iPhone. Without a case, it's an accident waiting to happen and with one of those ugly rubber cases, it's hideous.
    05-31-13 12:41 PM
    Z10 is so beautiful without a case. Too bad I'm too clumsy.
    05-31-13 12:51 PM