So i dropped my Z10 for the first time the other week without having the case on it at the time there was no physical damage to the phone, but i noticed when i received a call that the person on the other line sounded very quiet. I have the volume on the phone call setting cranked to the max and i barely notice a difference. Im just wondering if there is a fix for this other than taking it to my carrier, as i don't have a device protection plan.

Thanks
    06-10-13 03:41 PM
    Have you tried calling someone else or are you solely basing this off one call? If it's just one call you might wanna try a few others and just see if it was a bad connection. To answer your question though, there isn't really a "fix" -- you dropped your device. If something is broke internally, no one here is gonna know that. You're only option is to have it checked out somewhere if you're not comfortable with taking it apart yourself and see what the deal is.
    06-10-13 03:53 PM
    So i dropped my Z10 for the first time the other week without having the case on it at the time there was no physical damage to the phone, but i noticed when i received a call that the person on the other line sounded very quiet. I have the volume on the phone call setting cranked to the max and i barely notice a difference. Im just wondering if there is a fix for this other than taking it to my carrier, as i don't have a device protection plan.

Thanks
    Welcome to Crackberry! If the speaker got damaged somehow I think your only option would be to take it someplace to get it fixed, or sending it in to BlackBerry themselves. I'm not sure how much they would charge, though. I guess another option would be to sell it, as long as you are honest about the drop and the speaker. This would bring in a lower price than it would be worth had it not suffered the drop, but it would give you some $$$ to purchase a new device.
    06-10-13 03:55 PM
    Try calling other contacts and see if you get the same result... (maybe it may not be a defect and the speaker is fine! testing this out will be the only way to know for sure)
    06-10-13 03:55 PM