Hello to everybody. Few days ago i have dropped my brand new BB Z10 in the bathroom straight onto the tile. I didn't afraid so much, because my BB was in the case. After I picked it up, I closely looked at it, and there was no physical damage on it. But my attempt to unlock the phone did not end successfully. I just saw a black screen with no signs of life. I decided to remove the battery and put it back again, but there was no result. I was so upset because I thought I have killed my BB. So I just decided to leave my phone lying without battery for a few hours. After I returned I putted the battery back and I was sooooooo surprised when my lovely BB Z10 just started to load without any problems. Was so happy and soo curious at one time. Can anyone explain this?
    janjan11 likes this.
    09-12-14 02:17 PM
    More than likely, the contacts to the battery need just a little more "tension" to keep them snug against the battery....
    09-12-14 02:22 PM
    More than likely, the contacts to the battery need just a little more "tension" to keep them snug against the battery....
    You mean that my phone turned off just because battery moved away from the contacts after a drop?
    09-12-14 02:30 PM
    09-12-14 03:32 PM
    If so, why my phone did not want to turn on after I have removed the battery and puted it back immediately after the drop?
    Last edited by Igor Kurilenko; 09-12-14 at 04:11 PM.
    09-12-14 03:59 PM
    Caution, if you did "break" or jar a circuit or solder point you may not want to test...

Give it a good but not too strong a slap against your palm while it is on and see if it reboots?
    09-12-14 04:07 PM
    Just gave it a few good slaps. Everything is okay, no reboots, hangs or others. The only thing makes me wonder that the phone turned on after it lay a few hours without battery. This is contrary to the logic, because it just lay, no one repair it or do something. I just came back, puted the battery in and it started to load without any problems. Mystique as for me
    09-12-14 04:24 PM
    If so, why my phone did not want to turn on after I have removed the battery and puted it back immediately after the drop?
    OK then. Nope.
    09-12-14 04:43 PM
    Maybe I shouldn't looking a reasons for this and just be happy that everything is okay and my lovely BB Z10 is working like a charm
    FF22 likes this.
    09-12-14 04:47 PM