On my Z10 email attachments are downloaded automatically. This is ok when I have wifi coverage or when I am not roaming. The issue I have is that if I am roaming overseas I pay $10/MB so a single email with a 5MB attachment will cost me $50!!

There should a setting to prevent auto downloading of attachments when roaming except by wifi.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-13 07:34 PM
    Hi! I have the same problem, especially with my POP work account.

Well, what you can do is turn off your data and only use wifi.
    This is a complication that has been reported and is being discussed.
    One thread I have handy (if you perform a search you ll find more for sure) is http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...rrerid=3252423

From what I understand BB is looking into this matter and should be addressed in the following updates.
    hope this helps.
    best regards
    03-06-13 07:52 PM
    I've crossposted there as well - bandwidth aside, what about space? Where are these attachments stored and can I delete them manually?
    03-14-13 11:33 PM
    Hi! I have the same problem, especially with my POP work account.

Well, what you can do is turn off your data and only use wifi.
    This is a complication that has been reported and is being discussed.
    One thread I have handy (if you perform a search you ll find more for sure) is http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...rrerid=3252423

From what I understand BB is looking into this matter and should be addressed in the following updates.
    hope this helps.
    best regards
    I hope it is OK to share this thread discussing exactly the same thing except that it is on the iPhone. Always helps to give a true perspective that auto roaming charges are hefty, and it hits every smartphone user out there. Whenever I travel, I turn off my data services, and depend on hotel wifi connections or conference venue wifi connections.

My users have moved from BB to iPhones, roaming data nightmare. - MacRumors Forums
    03-14-13 11:45 PM
    Does give perspective the post. The point to keep in mind though is that the attachments problem is relevant to pop accounts and according to BlackBerry they are looking into it. I guess the no compression issue is of importance for bb10 but I believe it to have more positive than negative effects. In earlier os6 version I would have my mail cut off in half because it exceeded the limit and could not get the whole thing by "Get More" command if the excess was result of embedded info in the mail body unless I was on wifi.

Now I have full access to the information sent to me.

I find bb10 to be much more practical. I travel abroad a lot for work as well and the only solutions are wifi and/ or buying a local sim card with data.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 12:40 PM
    UPDATE: I have set up the same account that I had setup as POP but as exchange active sync.

With the exchange active sync the attachments are not automatically downloaded anymore and I do have to click on the file on order to download it!

I am a happy chap now

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 12:45 PM