I have never installed a Leak...

I am currently using 10.1 MR that I downloaded from BlackBerry LINK

But I am intrigued of 10.2 after what I have seen it can do. But after reading some forums I see a lot of leaks and I do not know which version I need to pick (z10 stl 3).

So basically

Do you suggest me to wait or install a Leak.

In case of a Leak... someone can guide me with help?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 09:12 PM
    install the leak. you will like it
    09-18-13 09:15 PM
    I was hesitant at first about putting leaked software onto my precious Z10... But last Saturday rolled around, I was bored and curious about the leak.

So I read everything about loading leaks onto my Blackberry, I even watched the video that Kris made, then I downloaded the leak, made a backup of the phone using the Blackberry Link, then ran the downloaded .exe file - then made dinner.

The whole leak to load and restart on the Z10 was approximately 20 minutes.

Then I loaded my backup on the phone using the Blackberry Link and the phone was up and running... And it's been amazing!

Sent from my Nexus 7
    kmflame likes this.
    09-18-13 09:28 PM
    I was hesitant at first about putting leaked software onto my precious Z10... But last Saturday rolled around, I was bored and curious about the leak.

So I read everything about loading leaks onto my Blackberry, I even watched the video that Kris made, then I downloaded the leak, made a backup of the phone using the Blackberry Link, then ran the downloaded .exe file - then made dinner.

The whole leak to load and restart on the Z10 was approximately 20 minutes.

Then I loaded my backup on the phone using the Blackberry Link and the phone was up and running... And it's been amazing!

Sent from my Nexus 7
    Can you guide me? The link as well?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 09:37 PM
    Go into the beta leaked OS forum section it's all there

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=849270

CB10 - Z10 -10.2.0.1725
    09-18-13 10:22 PM
    Can you guide me? The link as well?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    All you gotta do it backup your phone. (if you want to restore your apps and other things you have saved in your device)

Download the leak. I suggest the latest one which is 1725.

Extract the exe file.

Plug in your phone.

Open up the exe file and it will start doing it's magic. It will tell you what percentage you're at which is great.

After that boot up your phone and restore your backup if not, you'll basically have a new z10 with nothing on it. :P

Play around with the new os.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 10:26 PM
    Install the leak with the understanding that it is not necessarily a release candidate. 10.2 is far enough along that big bugs should be gone, but some people do run into small bugs. Don't go to your carrier or BlackBerry for help, as leaks are not supported.

As long as you understand the above, I think you'll love 10.2, along with the exclusivity that comes with running an unreleased OS.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    09-18-13 10:27 PM
    You should be aware that installing a leaked OS puts your phone at risk. I had installed leaks before and they are no good from the official.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 10:34 PM
    You should be aware that installing a leaked OS puts your phone at risk. I had installed leaks before and they are no good from the official.

Posted via CB10
    How does it put your phone at risk? It's made by BlackBerry and can't be altered without signing keys that only they have..

CB10 - Z10 -10.2.0.1725
    09-18-13 10:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    I've been running leaks since 10.0.10.822, so I can safely disagree with that statement.

And as for the OP: as has been said already, if the question is leaks or 10.2, then why not Zoidberg?

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-sqr-x-849270/
    09-18-13 11:11 PM
    Remember the 10.1 mr sms bug? That was even official i think. I always wait for the OS that my carrier will release it doesn't matter for me if it's months old, if ain't broke then don't fix, that's one of the problem why a lot of people here are complaining about their blackberry dying. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 11:43 PM
    Remember the 10.1 mr sms bug? That was even official i think. I always wait for the OS that my carrier will release it doesn't matter for me if it's months old, if ain't broke then don't fix, that's one of the problem why a lot of people here are complaining about their blackberry dying. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    Latest leak didn't delete my texts only the mr update. You can backup your texts/contacts and settings anyways.

CB10 - Z10 -10.2.0.1725
    09-18-13 11:48 PM