OK SO... I put the 10.1 Leaked OS on my Verizon Z10.

Loved the OS and all the changes, can stand how it makes my phone crash and reboot!

So I want to go back to my Verizon 10.0.0.9.422 OS (or there might be a newer version). I tried to do a Security Wipe, as I was told it would put the phone in factory settings. It did, but factory for 10.1... I also tried to reload the OS using Link, that to put me in Factory Settings with 10.1... BUT this time it broke the OS. The HuB is not to the left and not matter what I do the Hub will not come back!

I JUST WANT TO DOWNGRADE! GGGRRR
    Can someone please help me here. If someone can link me to a Verizon OS (No matter the version), I could load the OS and then wirelessly upgrade it. But whatever I am reading and being told about Security Wipes and Link are NOT working!
    04-25-13 07:29 PM
    Factory reset, a complete wipe.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 07:32 PM
    That's what I was told sry bud

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 07:33 PM
    I have down that. It completly wiped the phone but 10.1 was still on the device.
    04-25-13 07:35 PM
    I think Kris from the leak thread mentioned you should download the official OS from BlackBerry's website and run through the online wizard or something. I don't have the link offhand.... I'll see if I can find it..

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 08:26 PM
    Well this is simply karma. You kind of deserve it for not being patient.

Posted via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK)
    04-25-13 08:28 PM
    Get a auto loader that is a lower version than you intend to ultimately install. During the initial setup, you will be prompted to install the most recent official OS release for your phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 08:30 PM
    http://www.blackberry.com/software

Go to that site from IE or Firefox.
    There's supposed to be an online tool for loading the current official OS per provider. I haven't tried it because the leak worked fine for me, but best of luck with your restore.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 08:32 PM
    there's a new leak that just dropped today...it may work for you.
    04-25-13 08:53 PM
    either use the website mentioned above or

connect device to link, click the arrow by your blackberry device and click restore. this should search for your official carrier OS and go from there
    04-25-13 08:58 PM
    Lucky for you, I asked the same question a few hours before you posted and I've had a chance to actually do it. Thanks to cmdrkeen on my topic for the idea. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...erizon-799938/

If you still have the autoloader for the leak you installed, plug your phone into your computer and run the autoloader. When it starts writing, unplug your phone. The red LED will flash 3 times in a pattern, indicating your phone is "bricked." Open Blackberry Link and plug your phone in again. Your computer will say it can't communicate with your phone and you will have a button to reload software. Click on that and the default Verizon OS will start to load. When it's done, you will have to configure everything from scratch like when you first got it. When it gets to the "Checking for Updates" part, it will load the most recent Verizon-issued OS update, 1MB file. After configuration is done, you should have the latest Verizon OS 10.0.9.422. Restart Blackberry Link and plug the phone back in and everything should be back to normal with your new old-OS loaded.
    SoUnCool likes this.
    04-25-13 10:45 PM
    are they any potential problems that may arise from bricking that we can't recover from?
    10-28-13 08:30 PM
    I think I won't to cry. My apps (over 100 downloaded) will not stay deleted (yes I tried app world as well, not a novice) I should of just stuck to Apple. No way this crap I'm going through now would be happening to me and I wouldn't be at the bottom of the standings
    10-29-13 08:25 PM
    Yes maybe time to go back to the fruit this device is obviously beyond your level of tech.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 08:51 PM
    BlackBerry is a fruit too... lol
    10-29-13 08:59 PM
    Yes quite the genius, I wonder why they released the Android runtime in the BBworld. Potentially to solve the faultiness this OS represents?
    11-04-13 09:50 PM
    Yes quite the genius, I wonder why they released the Android runtime in the BBworld. Potentially to solve the faultiness this OS represents?
    1) Stop ******** and do some research! There is enough content within Crackberry to resolve your issue, you just have to search like everyone else.

2) This thread must be hella old because 10.2 is out now. Not sure if it's out for Verizon customers but nevertheless, OP can install a stable leak until a carrier version can be provided.

From my Z10 to YOU, BOO-YAH!
    11-04-13 10:26 PM
    1) THANKS, I did. I didn't see anything concrete at the time of posting. Not sure why you need to be condescending and it can't be that old since this was an issue related to 10.2
    11-06-13 10:37 PM