As i use two Emails accounts on my legacy device
    all my emails arrived just on time.

On my Z10 i find that some Emails that i receive just dont push into the Z10
    and i can only find them on the Playbook or my pc.

Why the Z10 doesn't push all the mails from my Gmail?

I need your help!!!

thanks in advance
    03-21-13 12:07 AM
    There is a good chance they would show up on the Z10 within the Sync Interval, the shortest of which is 15 minutes. However, if you are using POP3 on your PC and/or PlayBook, it is possible you are removing the email from the Google inbox before it gets delivered to the Z10. This is all a mess right now because Google doesn't want to pay Microsoft ActiveSync license fees for free Gmail accounts. An easy answer is to setup a Gmail Business account for $5 a month and get ActiveSync.
    03-21-13 05:43 AM
    The reason they worked faster on the legacy BlackBerry is because BIS checks continuously for new email (does not use the 15 minute interval) and pushes the email to your BB as soon as it gets them. The Z10 does not use BIS. It directly controls the sync with Gmail.
    03-21-13 05:46 AM
    The phone does support push through IMAP IDLE. I have 2 Gmail accounts set up that receive email instantaneously, for example.
    03-21-13 06:39 AM
    Before ending up paying $5 for Gmail, take a look at the solution in GmailBrowser app. for Z10.

It is a web based app so it gives you all the goodies in Gmail, and it uses push on a separate IMAP/ActiveSync email on Z10 to have both Gmail Notification (LED, etc) and max 1 min delay for your Gmail notifications to arrive.
    (it requires you to add a simple script to your Google account).
    03-21-13 08:34 AM
    Thanks

But if the mails appears only at the Web Gmail. And not to my z10

If I will open another mail from other sources that will be better?

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 09:54 AM
    Thanks

But if the mails appears only at the Web Gmail. And not to my z10

If I will open another mail from other sources that will be better?

Posted via CB10
    The script provided by GmailBrowser runs every minutes in the cloud checking your gmails. As soon as it detects a new gmail, it sends a notification email to whatever email account (except any account you have on your 'work' in the BlackBerry Balance) you have on your BlackBerry (select one that works with IMAP/ACTIVESYNC) (this account doesn't need to be a Gmail account).

GmailBrowser (in Active Frame) listens to that email account in the Hub. As soon as it gets an event from that email account in the Hub, it will clean up old email notifications in the Hub, and change its Active Frame image to show you that you have a new gmail. BlackBerry will also turn on its notification LED showing that you have a new email. As soon as you open GmailBrowser to check your Gmail, GmailBrowser will mark the Notification email as Read in the Hub.
    03-21-13 10:13 AM
    The script provided by GmailBrowser runs every minutes in the cloud checking your gmails. As soon as it detects a new gmail, it sends a notification email to whatever email account (except any account you have on your 'work' in the BlackBerry Balance) you have on your BlackBerry (select one that works with IMAP/ACTIVESYNC) (this account doesn't need to be a Gmail account).

GmailBrowser (in Active Frame) listens to that email account in the Hub. As soon as it gets an event from that email account in the Hub, it will clean up old email notifications in the Hub, and change its Active Frame image to show you that you have a new gmail. BlackBerry will also turn on its notification LED showing that you have a new email. As soon as you open GmailBrowser to check your Gmail, GmailBrowser will mark the Notification email as Read in the Hub.
    Hi, this may be a solution to one or two of my problems listed herehttp://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...htmare-784384/

Could you please confirm a few things, if I understand correctly, you need to the app open on the z10 at all times (active frame) and when a new email comes in, within a minute it shows as a notification in the hub (under the bell?) To read the email, can you do that from the hub or do you have to do that via the active frame?

Also, what is the behaviour in relation to deleting items? Does it send them to archive or trash?

Finally, how does the app work in terms of security?

thanks in advance, really considering purchasing this if I can improve the speed at which I get email
    03-21-13 10:41 AM
    This happens if you decide not to run GmailBrowser in the active frame (assuming you have added the provided script to your Google account) :

Up to 1 minute after an email is received by Gmail servers for your account, a notification email arrives to the BlackBerry. BlackBerry LED blinks. You peek and see that it is a notification email (special code in the subject).
    You launch GmailBrowser, to check your gmails. GmailBrowser cleans up the Hub so that you only have one notification email and that is marked as read because you opened GmailBrowser after the Notification email arrived.

Now, the above is not recommended because when you launch GmailBrowser, the automatic authentication with Google servers spend a lot of time before you can see your emails.

It is suggested to keep GmailBrowser in the active frame so that you can avoid Google authentication each time you want to check your gmails.
    03-21-13 11:09 AM
    This happens if you decide not to run GmailBrowser in the active frame (assuming you have added the provided script to your Google account) :

Up to 1 minute after an email is received by Gmail servers for your account, a notification email arrives to the BlackBerry. BlackBerry LED blinks. You peek and see that it is a notification email (special code in the subject).
    You launch GmailBrowser, to check your gmails. GmailBrowser cleans up the Hub so that you only have one notification email and that is marked as read because you opened GmailBrowser after the Notification email arrived.

Now, the above is not recommended because when you launch GmailBrowser, the automatic authentication with Google servers spend a lot of time before you can see your emails.

It is suggested to keep GmailBrowser in the active frame so that you can avoid Google authentication each time you want to check your gmails.
    Understood and thanks for the reply. So basically I have to accept slow email (unless I change my email address) in the hub, or have instant email in an app. hmmmm not ideal.

This is not a reflection of you app by the way (nor Blackberry given Google's decision regarding Active sync). Your app looks fantastic and does a great job as it was designed, just a shame it cannot be integrated into an account in the hub
    03-21-13 11:25 AM
    Agree that if Gmail could be added to the Hub keeping instant notification would be nice, but even then, the UI and features you get in the Web Gmail would be missing.

I am using GmailBrowser for my own gmails and the 1 min delay is not a showstopper for me. What is important is that I can use the impressive predictive keyboard of the BlackBerry in the GmailBrowser, and have Led notification for my Gmails on my BlackBerry.
    03-21-13 01:28 PM
    There is no need for any 3rd party app to get push gmail

I'd start by checking my Gmail setup:
    Go to settings>Accounts>Your Gmail Account (Email)> scroll down and make sure that "use push if supported" is turned on. If that option isn't there, then your setup isn't correct. Try deleting and readding your gmail account with default settings

Again, I'll repeat: there is absolutely no need for a 3rd party app to get push gmail.
    03-21-13 01:47 PM
    Agree that if Gmail could be added to the Hub keeping instant notification would be nice, but even then, the UI and features you get in the Web Gmail would be missing.

I am using GmailBrowser for my own gmails and the 1 min delay is not a showstopper for me. What is important is that I can use the impressive predictive keyboard of the BlackBerry in the GmailBrowser, and have Led notification for my Gmails on my BlackBerry.
    This is the UI you get for your Gmails using GmailBrowser application (a bit better than what you get in the Hub)

Screenshots of GmailBrowser Application
    03-21-13 02:53 PM
    Vijik, this isn't a place to misinform people in order to promote your app. I understand that you want to get people to buy it, but you shouldn't misinform people like that.

Go to settings>Accounts>Your Gmail Account (Email)> scroll down and make sure that "use push if supported" is turned on. If that option isn't there, then your setup isn't correct. Try deleting and readding your gmail account with default settings

Again, I'll repeat: there is absolutely no need for a 3rd party app to get push gmail.
    03-21-13 02:57 PM
    Vijik, this isn't a place to misinform people in order to promote your app. I understand that you want to get people to buy it, but you shouldn't misinform people like that.

InvalidUser0510, it is extremely rude to say that I misinform people.

One person here told OP to pay $5 a month. Your solution gives the push notification but not the Gmail UI many might need.
    So why not take back your rude and false statement and accept that what I am talking about is not just the push notification but a complete solution with Gmail UI and push email.
    03-21-13 04:29 PM
    InvalidUser0510, and this IS the place to read posts before attacking people with rude statements.

I rewrite my post (see #5 above) here so that you can, this time, read it:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Before ending up paying $5 for Gmail, take a look at the solution in GmailBrowser app. for Z10.

It is a web based app so it gives you all the goodies in Gmail, and it uses push on a separate IMAP/ActiveSync email on Z10 to have both Gmail Notification (LED, etc) and max 1 min delay for your Gmail notifications to arrive.
    (it requires you to add a simple script to your Google account).
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    03-21-13 04:42 PM

I was talking about (near) instant email, not push email. Yes I have push email, but 15min cycles are not what I am looking for. Vijik was offering a 1min solution via a different push mechanism. I see no problem with his assistance and I don't see it as misinformation
    03-21-13 05:39 PM
    I was talking about (near) instant email, not push email. Yes I have push email, but 15min cycles are not what I am looking for.
    Uhhh...push email = instant, not 15 minutes -.-
    03-21-13 05:43 PM
    you could skip gmail all together and open an outlook email and get active sync setup to instantly receive email.

I think i read somewhere along the lines of gmail no longer supporting exchange active sync in february and IMAP/POP can only fetch every 15 minutes...
    03-21-13 06:07 PM
    you could skip gmail all together and open an outlook email and get active sync setup to instantly receive email.
    WTF is with people and spreading lies here?

You can get push on Gmail. In fact, I have push on my Gmail set up right now without activesync. It's called IMAP IDLE. That's the default Gmail setup on the Z10...

I think i read somewhere along the lines of gmail no longer supporting exchange active sync in february and IMAP/POP can only fetch every 15 minutes...
    Pop, yes. IMAP, definitely not! IMAP IDLE is a push technology. The toggle is even there in BB10 "use push if supported." If you set that on, you can leave the fetch interval as long as you want, and you will still get emails within seconds.
    03-21-13 06:10 PM
    Uhhh...push email = instant, not 15 minutes -.-
    thanks invalid. Will use the settings you have posted above and report back
    03-21-13 06:18 PM

You can get push on Gmail. In fact, I have push on my Gmail set up right now without activesync. It's called IMAP IDLE. That's the default Gmail setup on the Z10...

http://i49.tinypic.com/35iq8tj.png

Pop, yes. IMAP, definitely not! IMAP IDLE is a push technology. The toggle is even there in BB10 "use push if supported." If you set that on, you can leave the fetch interval as long as you want, and you will still get emails within seconds.
    I deleted my gmail acocunt and set it up again. Accounts>Add Account>Email,Calendar Contacts> entered gmail u/name and pw

Settings below:-
    Server Address: imap.gmail.com
    Port: 993
    Encryption: SSL
    IMAP Path Prefix: <empty>
    SMTP U/Name: <my email address>
    SMTP PW: <my password>
    SMTP Server Address: smtp.gmail.com
    SMTP Port:465
    SMTP Encryption: SSL
    Use Push if Supported: ON
    Sync Interval: 15 mins
    Initial Retrieval: 30 days

Sent emails form a hotmail account and work account to my gmail 1 minute apart. Showed up instantly on gmail on my PC, took:
    Test 1: 7 mins then both emails showed together
    (ran 2nd tests immediately)
    Test 2: almost instant for each email
    (Waited 10 mins)
    Test 3: Took 10mins to deliver

Seems to me that it the email is on a sync cycle - very annoying. If you have instant email you are lucky/or I am unlucky!
    03-21-13 07:27 PM
    You were the first one spreading lies (about me) in this thread.
    WTF is wrong with you?
    03-21-13 08:14 PM
    I was talking about (near) instant email, not push email. Yes I have push email, but 15min cycles are not what I am looking for. Vijik was offering a 1min solution via a different push mechanism. I see no problem with his assistance and I don't see it as misinformation
    Thanks. Someone jump very high when you say Push.
    03-21-13 08:15 PM
    I can't provide a solution but I will jump in and say that there is definitely a case for BlackBerry to offer some capability for those who are keen to some type of version of BIS of old.

I would probably pay about $5 a year to get the certainty of having my emails pushed. A nice way for BlackBerry to maintain revenue and I imagine the economies of scale are already there. Potentially it could be offered to other devices.

Outlook is create. However yahoo is not reliable on imap. Sometimes it pushes, most on the time it doesn't. An option is to forward yahoo to outlook but not that clean.

Mike posted via CB10
    03-21-13 08:36 PM
32 12