I was really looking forward to upgrading my torch in June but after a bit of research it seems the Z10 can't do what my two old BB phones can do!!
    I have two small businesses. The Torch on one and a Bold for the other.
    If I am travelling for a few days I just take the two phones and PB.
    I can more or less run the two businesses from the PB by bridging from one or the other phone.
    If email over bridge is not available on the Z10 and as usual from BB no indication when or if it ever will be, then for me at least no outstanding reason to stay with BB so may be tempted to go to the dark side and look at iphone.
    bbmikeb likes this.
    04-30-13 06:14 AM
    Pfffffff........Let me contribute nothing by saying
    "FIRTS "

Posted by flicking my right Thumb
    04-30-13 06:18 AM
    If you look in the BT configuration for your PB connection they have the email and SMS in it.

I would bet they are waiting for bb10 to be done and released to use these features.

Tim

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    laserx likes this.
    04-30-13 06:21 AM
    I was really looking forward to upgrading my torch in June but after a bit of research it seems the Z10 can't do what my two old BB phones can do!!
    I have two small businesses. The Torch on one and a Bold for the other.
    If I am travelling for a few days I just take the two phones and PB.
    I can more or less run the two businesses from the PB by bridging from one or the other phone.
    If email over bridge is not available on the Z10 and as usual from BB no indication when or if it ever will be, then for me at least no outstanding reason to stay with BB so may be tempted to go to the dark side and look at iphone.
    So the Z can't do what your 2 BB's can do, yet you're telling us you're going to look into an iphone? You also mentioned bridge. Good luck with bridge and your iphone then.

Posted via CB10
    revtech, Eric Shapiro and CMcRob like this.
    04-30-13 06:26 AM
    Just because something new comes along does not mean it will work better in every case... I still use my 9800 and Playbook combo extensively even though I do have a z10 for work... why.. because I like having internet anywhere I go on a tablet..... does not not make the z10 inadequate... far from it ... just the combo suites my needs better... remember... research...research....research....
    04-30-13 06:33 AM
    I'm getting rid of my z10 for a stevephone as well. My z10 doesn't cook me breakfast, give me huge muscles, drive my car for me, or do my laundry. Gotta get the iphone now. It won't do anything like that, either, but it is whatever.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 06:36 AM
    Get a proper email account and you don't need bridge. All emails and contacts will be synced on both devices. That what I do. My emails are identical on both devices, so for me bridge isn't needed anymore.
    Last edited by Bluenoser63; 04-30-13 at 06:50 AM.
    beamolite, kthhrrsn and kbz1960 like this.
    04-30-13 06:37 AM
    Get a proper email account and you don't need bridge. All emails and contacts will be synced on both devices. That what I do. My emails are identical on both devices, so for me sync isn't needed anymore.
    Yep, why not set it up that way and use the wifi hotspot instead of bridge for connectivity.
    04-30-13 06:48 AM
    This thread should be renamed: I am getting an iPhone because IT CAN'T DO what my old BlackBerry does!

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 06:50 AM
    Get a proper email account and you don't need bridge. All emails and contacts will be synced on both devices. That what I do. My emails are identical on both devices, so for me sync isn't needed anymore.
    Proper email acct?

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 06:50 AM
    Yep, why not set it up that way and use the wifi hotspot instead of bridge for connectivity.
    I would have mentioned that, but I have an LTE version of the Playbook so the WiFi hotspot isn't always thought about. Good point.
    04-30-13 06:51 AM
    Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 06:54 AM
    Proper email acct?

Posted via CB10
    POP/SMTP is so old school.
    04-30-13 06:55 AM
    Feature parity does not equate power.

My torch also did lots of things my z10 doesn't do. Like run slower, worse browsing experience, super crappy apps, inability to install more than 10 things etc.

Posted via CB10
    Baked, JaimemarieG and mediadavid like this.
    04-30-13 06:56 AM
    Gotcha! I'm down with old school.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 06:58 AM
    Don't understand why the OP would have different emails going to different phones.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 06:59 AM
    I'm getting rid of my z10 for a stevephone as well. My z10 doesn't cook me breakfast, give me huge muscles, drive my car for me, or do my laundry. Gotta get the iphone now. It won't do anything like that, either, but it is whatever.

Posted via CB10
    Wasted 30 seconds reading this response. Refund requested

Tim

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    04-30-13 07:00 AM
    Maybe so, but, then again, not everything old school is, by default, bad.

A modem connection is old school too. You'd be shocked at how many folks still use one.

Just sayin'

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 07:01 AM
    Took you 30 seconds to read that? Wow, you must be a speed reader.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 07:07 AM
    And expects a refund. Must be Y gen

Posted via CB10
    lindajm22 likes this.
    04-30-13 07:08 AM
    Actually you don't even need WiFi hotspot... bridge will allow the WiFi playbook to share the Internet.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 07:10 AM
    Pretty easy to call bs on this one . . his old phones work great, so because the z10 doesn't bridge he's leaving phones that work to go to an iphone which doesn't bridge either? I swear there are people who sit up at night thinking of stupid/annoying posts to write just as a game to get us riled up . . and unfortunately it worked again must be a new form of indoor recreation . . smh
    04-30-13 07:12 AM
    Maybe so, but, then again, not everything old school is, by default, bad.

A modem connection is old school too. You'd be shocked at how many folks still use one.

Just sayin'

Posted via CB10
    GrumpyAeroGuy ~ Many also need the POP/SMTP settings for websites
    I'm with you, doesn't make it bad.
    Security has to be delivered across many platforms and work well in all environments.
    Too bad there is not just one OS and coding language for all.
    Wouldn't that be a boring world any way?
    04-30-13 07:15 AM
    So the Z can't do what your 2 BB's can do, yet you're telling us you're going to look into an iphone? You also mentioned bridge. Good luck with bridge and your iphone then.

Surprisingly I actually noticed that bridge functions are not possible with iphone but then the ones I need are not there with Z10 so what's your point

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 07:19 AM
    You lost me with your reasoning. You are not getting the Z10 because you can't access your email via bridge with it. Did I get that right? If that's the case, getting an iPhone won't help. If you want an iPhone, get one. You don't have to come up with some lame a** excuse to do so. It's your money to do whatever you want with and, you know something, we here at CrackBerry will never know, unless you choose to tell us that is.
    3hb78ftg and kbz1960 like this.
    04-30-13 07:27 AM
49 12