Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Does Z10 have Korean language keyboard?

Hi! Im Korean.
    I have used 9800 and Playbook
    I have had trouble using my PB because PB doesnt have Korean language keyboard.
    Although Z10 has not been released in Korea, Im concerned that Z10 doesnt have Korean language keyboard too.
    plz anybody tell me whether Z10 has Korean language keyboard or not.
    Last edited by spets; 02-02-2013 at 08:17 AM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I'm on the same boat. I don't know why PB or Z10 did not comes with korean keyboard. I think this is a biggest mistake. It is like launching PB without email support early on. Please please add Asian language support for Z10 ASAP. This is one part QNX was lacking and it hasn't improved even on Z10.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,742 Global Posts

At this point, I believe they are supporting languages in countries that the Z10 will potentially be sold. For example, the Z10 will be sold in China and so Z10 has Chinese, but the PlayBook doesn't. QNX does support Asian languages, the only 2 not supported are Korean and Japanese. They will be supported potentially when the country's carriers start selling Z10
    CrackBerry User

i am learning Korean and one of the first things I check on my Z10 was if it has a korean keyboard, but I was let down.
    CrackBerry User

I have been disappointed as one of the first to buy Playbook coz I've been waiting all years for PB language support for Japanese and Korean language...
    I'm planning to change my 9850 with Z10 but I hate it would happen again... the same disappointment...
    Hello RIM people learn all kind of languages.. don't you ever think that people learn those languages even they don't live in that country??
    I can do hybrid on old OS as long there radio file supported but QNX.... without those language support it just plain stupid...
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    PIN
    N/A

Woah Woah WOAHHH! The BB10 doesn't support Korean keyboard? Why is BlackBerry downgrading? My 9700 had Korean keyboard. WTH..... Just because the Z10 won't be sold in South Korea doesn't necessarily mean people in Canada or U.S. do not text in Korean to their family and relatives. This is a huge disappointment for me as I use KaKaoTalk with my family and friend in S.Korea, and sometimes need to write emails in Korean. I will have to go Samsung GS4 and support the Koreans since they for sure will have Korean keyboard. I am just mind boggled right now, very disappointed.
    Last edited by ShaggyM8; 02-26-2013 at 12:34 PM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

It is indeed very sad that simple things like support for input languages is determined by whether the device will be sold in the country or not.
    I am in Singapore but I travel to Korea very often and have many korean friends, but now I cant email them, I cant text them if I get the Z10 (and yes they are only versed in korean and not in english)

Heart sank when i saw this : Korean Input Support - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

I just wonder, is it going to be permanent.....or......... ?
    CrackBerry User

I'm really surprised to see that BB10 supports neither Korean nor Japanese language keyboard input out of the gate. With the global nature of business today, there is much more at stake here than just access to the Korean and Japanese smartphone markets, which I understand BlackBerry has chosen not to enter.

This is actually quite a big deal, and something that has not (to my knowledge) been reported widely yet. I know this will be a dealbreaker for many faithful BlackBerry users (and CrackBerry readers), as I imagine it will be for many businesses with a global presence. Perhaps this is something that we could ask the intrepid CrackBerry editorial team to investigate and report on? Can we look forward to Korean and Japanese on BB10 keyboards later this year?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    PIN
    Be Bold & ask

I'm actually disappointed about this too. I'm not Korean, but I still talk to some of my friends and I actually need the keyboard. It would be nice if the US release included the major keyboards, especially the Korean one
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    198 Global Posts

Korean Input for QNX.....who can make this work on the Z10?

Korean input method (kpim)
    CrackBerry Abuser

this just inconveniences us

is there any third party ime where i can type in n copy paste to my messages? at least i need some kind of workaround first till they hopefully support korean input.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

Yeah one reason why I won't be buying a Z10. I have a PlayBook...and I don't mind the lack of a Korean keyboard on it as I am usually watching videos or reading PDFs or EPUB. But I do need to have Korean language input support on my phone. My Samsung Galaxy S2 has it. Apple iCrap has it. Even my 5 year old BB 9700 had it. C'mon BB!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Korean Language

This is very disappointing. I am an avid BB user (for many years) and defend Blackberry products to those who have negative comments because I believe in the company, but with the number of Korean and Japanese people living outside of their home countries, it is ridiculous that the new Z10 no longer supports these languages. It is sad that I, a true Blackberry follower, must consider leaving the products I defended so strongly and moving to the platforms I have explained, so often, to be inferior because I cannot continue doing business with the countries that make up 80 to 90 percent of my business on the Z10 and Playbooks I purchased.
    CrackBerry Newbie

This is a killer for me. I have been using bold 9930 and two playbooks. I was about to place pre-order, but no Korean language input support . . . After years of sticking to bb and waiting, am I forced to abandon bb?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Korean Sort Of

I have an advanced Z10 copy, it may or may not be different from the official release version, and can confirm there is no Korean keyboard. There is, however, an adjustment of your timezone/country and it will change the on screen language.

For example, when you put down country: USA location: EST it will read: March 26, 2013. And all the menus, descriptions, etc are in english

But if you put down country: France or Korea and location: France timezone/Korean timezone it will display the menus, lock screen, descriptions, dates, etc in the style of each country for example 26 March 2013 AND in the native country you selected language, for instance (in Hangul) 2013 nyun March wul 26 ill.

I would guess form that the devices CAN support a ton of languages, the keyboard right now just does not allow the input option.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    198 Global Posts

If KakaoTalk doesnt work on Z10...I'll probably switch to Android. That's my dealbreaker.
    CrackBerry User

I went toTmobile store today and confirmed what others were asking
    Z10 doesnot support korean input method.
    CrackBerry User

I also am disappointed that the Z10 (BB OS 10) does not have Asian language support!! I'm in the USA but I would have bought three devices (for both my parents and me) but because no Korean language support, I can't. My dad uses Kakao talk and types in Korean.

I'm not sure if BBRY will release an update with Asian language support, but I am very doubtful unless they hit a homerun with the z10. But, it seems like z10 is only keeping them around (as a going concern).
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    PIN
    Be Bold & ask

Quote Originally Posted by jaywlee View Post
    I also am disappointed that the Z10 (BB OS 10) does not have Asian language support!! I'm in the USA but I would have bought three devices (for both my parents and me) but because no Korean language support, I can't. My dad uses Kakao talk and types in Korean.

I'm not sure if BBRY will release an update with Asian language support, but I am very doubtful unless they hit a homerun with the z10. But, it seems like z10 is only keeping them around (as a going concern).
    I agree. I'm disappointed that the only Asian language support are the Simplified/Traditional Chinese inputs (I think there was another one as well). I would have stuck with my S3 but I just wanted the Z10 a lot. Hoping they eventually DO release an update with Asian language support. For right now, I'm stuck using my iPad Mini when I need the Korean keyboard :/
    CrackBerry User

I still want to buy z10 or q10. I really wish BBRY will add korean input method in the future OS update.
    CrackBerry Abuser

And given that kakaotalk can't run by side load its hard to even think the developers will develop native for z10 considering they are Samsung supporters.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by jaywlee View Post

"Navita Translator" in BlackBerry App World

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 144311
    Attachment 144312
    BlackBerry 10...don't care what anyone says...I'm loving it and that's all that matters to me!.
    imad122 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

i just played with 10.1 simulator and was able to add korean(한국어) input option
    so, i guess we can safely assume it is coming soon. yeah.!!!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    433 Global Posts

There r so many languages that come pre-installed, but no Korean... Wow
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    PIN
    Be Bold & ask

Here's hoping what nighthawks said is true!

Posted via CB10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast